Post-Game Talk: GAME 18 - A complete domination of Chicago - B's now 11-0 at home - 16-2 overall - WOO

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Utter domination.

Bruins have played some weaker teams this year, but Chicago has to be the worst.

Excited to see them against some stronger competition. I want to see how we handle it.

What a night!

Coming up next 7 games

Tampa away
Florida away
Carolina home
Tampa home
Colorado home
Vegas home
Colorado away

Should be interesting

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Man this is soooo much fun! So many positives. I don’t think I ever remember a more enjoyable time watching hockey.
Foligno looks like a boss out there. Frederic really seems to be getting stronger and more confident every game…if you took off the players numbers, I’m sure I would confuse him with Coyle a couple times a game (his possession game is really getting better).
What a team.

Reactions: BMC

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Just as we all predicted before the season began...

With a minimum of 90 minutes played together, the only D-pair in the NHL that hasn't allowed a goal while on ice?
Hampus Lindholm - Connor Clifton

In over 115 even-strength minutes together, they've been on the ice for 10 goals scored and 0 goals allowed.

On-ice Goal Differential per 60mins NHL rankings:
  1. Lindholm-Clifton = +4.16
  2. Joseph-Rutta = +2.74
  3. Siegenthaler-Hamilton = +2.66
  4. Forsling-Montour = +2.65
  5. Hughes-Schenn = +2.25
  6. Graves-Marino = +2.17
  7. Sergachev-Perbix = +2.0

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I agree about Hall,I have no idea why he "demoted" him.
I don't think old school thinking like "demotion" works with this coach.
I think he will change line combos in a blink if he sees an edge to be gained from in in a period. Keeps the opponents guessing also.

Keep your enemy on their heels and guessing and your win is inevitable.

The only problem I see with that is line chemistry. Hard to build it when your not on the same line from period to period.

So far it is working though. Time will prove.

Chara was spotted with Zack and Ben at the game last night

Ah! There we have the rare Spotted Z!

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I think he will change line combos in a blink if he sees an edge to be gained from in in a period. Keeps the opponents guessing also.

The only problem I see with that is line chemistry. Hard to build it when your not on the same line from period to period.

Not sure if it was to loosen up Hall or Zacha or get Coyle going. I'm baffled.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Yeah I think that's right - Monty definitely uses the 4th line as a more or less traditional grunt line that does a lot of the yard yards and defensive draws, but the top 3 are pretty fluid and he's more than willing to mix and match as the situation dictates and as seems best to him to try and generate more offense and chances. Sometimes the 3rd does also get more of a shut down/possession role but it seems to vary, and in an attacking game like the Hawks one I think it makes little difference for a guy like Hall whether he's skating with Coyle or Krej or Bergy - the basic aim is the same and the player shouldn't be too concerned about rank or perceived demotions. It's more about finding the best combos to get the right results.

Of course if Hall or whoever was winding up on the 3rd line all the time then there might be cause for concern, but we're not seeing that, at least so far.

I agree too that chemistry is going to have to become a bigger focus at some point. I trust it will in due time.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Never underestimate multiple cup champs especially when core still there. Hopefully we got this. Mild book it.
Believe me, I don't underestimate the Bolts and the best goalie on the planet, but we've had good success against them the last 3 meetings

It should be a good one!

Reactions: Gordoff

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I like challenges. I'm confident in this team at the moment to say bring it on. I'll take the Bruins right now against any team. Gotta have that confidence. They've shown us they're good. Let's see what they can do during this stretch. It will be fun. And a good test for us.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It'll be nice to actually watch a game on TV live and not on the DVR.
Been out for almost every Thursday evening game so far and Saturday night was no exception. Go B's!

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Just as we all predicted before the season began...

With a minimum of 90 minutes played together, the only D-pair in the NHL that hasn't allowed a goal while on ice?
Hampus Lindholm - Connor Clifton

In over 115 even-strength minutes together, they've been on the ice for 10 goals scored and 0 goals allowed.

On-ice Goal Differential per 60mins NHL rankings:
  1. Lindholm-Clifton = +4.16
  2. Joseph-Rutta = +2.74
  3. Siegenthaler-Hamilton = +2.66
  4. Forsling-Montour = +2.65
  5. Hughes-Schenn = +2.25
  6. Graves-Marino = +2.17
  7. Sergachev-Perbix = +2.0
That’s just insane. Strange tho that I don’t see Makar-Toews (or Makar-Whoever).

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I like challenges. I'm confident in this team at the moment to say bring it on. I'll take the Bruins right now against any team. Gotta have that confidence. They've shown us they're good. Let's see what they can do during this stretch. It will be fun. And a good test for us.
Yup, but it also won’t be easy for the other teams either. Not sure that they’ll be prepared for the intensity of the swarm that is this year’s Killer B’s. Go Bruins!

Reactions: Mione134

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad