Post-Game Talk: GAME 18 - A complete domination of Chicago - B's now 11-0 at home - 16-2 overall - WOO

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
It is actually incredible how good Foligno has looked this season, he went from a 13th forward at best last season to looking like a legitimately useful bottom 6 forward. When you combine that with the undeniable veteran leadership he brings, a lot of us here, including myself, have to eat some crow for wanting him gone this off-season.

An absolutely phenomenal start to the season, but I'm very interested in the next few weeks. This upcoming stretch of seven games will be extremely important and be a litmus test for this season's outlook (@ Tampa, @ Florida, vs Carolina, vs Tampa, vs Colorado, vs Vegas, @ Colorado). I think if they can go at least 4-3 and every game is a close, competitive battle, you have to feel great about this team's chances to go on a Cup run.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Cassidy would have recognized Folign’s contributions and immediately moved him up and changing three lines to accommodate one player. Montgomery knows Foligno is slotted perfectly on the fourth line.

Looking ahead to Monday night...

Linus Ullmark career on Mondays:
6-10-3 ; 2.88 GAA ; .907 Sv%

Jeremy Swayman career on Mondays:
3-0-0 ; 1.00 GAA ; .967 Sv%

----------

Linus Ullmark career vs Lightning:
2-5-0 ; 3.50 GAA ; .887 Sv%

Jeremy Swayman career vs Lightning:
1-0-1 ; 2.47 GAA ; .898 Sv%

----------

Linus Ullmark career on the road:
.506 Win%

Jeremy Swayman career on the road:
.571 Win%

----------

Going by past performance, Swayman should probably get the start Monday night, but how do you not roll with one of this year's top Vezina candidates to date? Interesting choice ahead for Montgomery/Essensa...

And then jumping ahead to Friday, Ullmark has never beaten the Hurricanes in his career and has his worst GAA and Sv % of any opponent versus them.

None of the above may matter with how the team is playing, though.
The Ullmark stats mean nothing considering he was playing on the worst team in the league Buffalo for those years

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
My mood this morning:
D57D2288-91AD-499C-AF3E-CAF7F5777362.jpeg

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I commented on Frederic's play leading to Halls' goal in the GDT, and I want to commend it again. He's a guy I've been a bit hard on sometimes because there have been times when he's looked listless or he's got himself confused as to what sort of player he wants to be and has ended up simply not doing anything very well. But his recent stretch has been really impressive and that one play - late in the game, the Bruins already 4 goals up, and he still battled hard and won a puck along the boards through sheer will power, and sent it inboard where it eventually wound up on Hall's stick then in the net - to me exemplifies his improvement.

Tenacity, playing to the final whistle, making every shift count. Freddie's doing it, they're all doing it, and they're getting the rewards. You play well and are willing to go harder when you're having fun, and boy are these guys having themselves a good time!
think he gets a lot of heat because people want him to play a game that’s just not his - a kamikazi bullying style. As a hockey player he’s so much more Charlie Coyle than he is Milan Lucic. But he’s willing to drop the gloves so people get all worked up

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
McAvoy 4 assists, Marchand 3 assists. Wonder what Bruins would do without them.

Looking for a whipping boy. Closes I can come is Taylor Hall. Imagine that?

After being one of the Bruins worst plus/minus players for a couple of years, Charlie Coyle now +9, 5th best on the team.

Nice practice game for Swayman.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
It’s not only this board. It’s society in general. The internet is great but it brings out the bad in certain people. They have a barrier to say stupid things.

I noticed that the post count was low today. Of course it was……

This, all day. The Bruins board doesn't have the market cornered on negativity, it's what plagues humanity in general and is manifest in essentially every aspect of life.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)

After being one of the Bruins worst plus/minus players for a couple of years, Charlie Coyle now +9, 5th best on the team.

Hall? Hall was all over the ice, as he has been most games. Set up some grade-A scoring chances too. As he has also done most games. But sure, if Taylor Hall is the whipping boy we are indeed in good shape! Keep it going boys!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
@PlayMakers

The team will arrive back in Bedford around 2 AM on Thanksgiving morning.

I fully expect most of the players will be showing up at the downtown homeless centers at 10 AM on Thanksgiving morning.
Bergy will be there at 9 am;)

Foligno’s ability to handle the puck and make plays is dramatically different this year . Plays died or didn’t even get started when he was on the ice last year.
I was one who called him dead in the water, didn`t matter that he kept saying he was healthy heading into the season, I simply did not see this level of play from him healthy or not. Crow eating time, figure a bit of sweet and sour sauce should cover it

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
That game went how it should have went, but damn that was pretty.

Debrusk was excellent, all around the puck, great net front. Glad he’s still here.

Mcavoy is looking more like Mcavoy, real nice to see. Lindholm had just a quiet solid night nothing wrong with that still a rock.

Hall was great all night I was a little surprised to see him moved down with Coyle line but maybe it was to get them going, it worked though. I like seeing them spread things out and have a balanced forward group like that.

Krech is looking healthier for sure, nice to see. Pasta was Pasta, Marchand was Marchand, Bergy was Bergy.

Another strong game by Foligno and that whole line.

Only one who I thought struggled a bit was Carlo. Sway was good when needed but didn’t see much rubber. Nice to see him back in the cage.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

I think Hall has looked awesome lately. I never realized how hard we was to knock off the puck as I do this year. I feel like he has been a bull out there.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
think he gets a lot of heat because people want him to play a game that’s just not his - a kamikazi bullying style. As a hockey player he’s so much more Charlie Coyle than he is Milan Lucic. But he’s willing to drop the gloves so people get all worked up
If Frederic plays like this, it's most welcome. The concern is when he has zero identity like early this season. That hit/fight against NYR has him fully engaged now. Nosek producing on offense as well.

No passengers currently. Stralman being replaced by Forbort and the roster is perfection on paper.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad