Post-Game Talk: GAME 18 - A complete domination of Chicago - B's now 11-0 at home - 16-2 overall - WOO

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
"They play the game like they love it and they are having a great time," Bruins coach Jim Montgomery said. "The way they play for each other since Day 1 ... everyone has been sticking up for each other and that's what you love."

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Looking ahead to Monday night...

Linus Ullmark career on Mondays:
6-10-3 ; 2.88 GAA ; .907 Sv%

Jeremy Swayman career on Mondays:
3-0-0 ; 1.00 GAA ; .967 Sv%

----------

Linus Ullmark career vs Lightning:
2-5-0 ; 3.50 GAA ; .887 Sv%

Jeremy Swayman career vs Lightning:
1-0-1 ; 2.47 GAA ; .898 Sv%

----------

Linus Ullmark career on the road:
.506 Win%

Jeremy Swayman career on the road:
.571 Win%

----------

Going by past performance, Swayman should probably get the start Monday night, but how do you not roll with one of this year's top Vezina candidates to date? Interesting choice ahead for Montgomery/Essensa...

And then jumping ahead to Friday, Ullmark has never beaten the Hurricanes in his career and has his worst GAA and Sv % of any opponent versus them.

None of the above may matter with how the team is playing, though.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1668925057562.png

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
i can’t believe the turn around by foligno he’s been exactly what i hoped he would be before last season
That's a fib... Foligno looks like he did 5 years ago... Seriously, I thought he was on the downward slope back in 2019 when they booted the Jackets. This guy can move.

Reactions: Gordoff

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Significant part to me is that he said everyone is valued. I wonder if he saying Cassidy didn’t value all players. Ie Debrusk??

The buzz I heard after the game the Bruins really wanted to send a message to Kevin Dean on Saturday night. ( Dean now works for Chicago )

HF Bruins thrives on negativity and when things are going well the board is quiet.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I know the Hawks are not a good team but I don't recall seeing the Bruins totally dominate for an entire game the way they did last night. I thought I was watching the Habs against the Bruins in the 70s....lol (sort of). They never let up, it was glorious and so much fun to watch.

Uncle Nick is having a blast, I truly believe Fenway is right about the waivers. That must have been a tough pill to swallow. Amazing what our brains can do for our physical bodies when we tap in to the power.

This week will be more intense. I'm excited to see how they do.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I commented on Frederic's play leading to Halls' goal in the GDT, and I want to commend it again. He's a guy I've been a bit hard on sometimes because there have been times when he's looked listless or he's got himself confused as to what sort of player he wants to be and has ended up simply not doing anything very well. But his recent stretch has been really impressive and that one play - late in the game, the Bruins already 4 goals up, and he still battled hard and won a puck along the boards through sheer will power, and sent it inboard where it eventually wound up on Hall's stick then in the net - to me exemplifies his improvement.

Tenacity, playing to the final whistle, making every shift count. Freddie's doing it, they're all doing it, and they're getting the rewards. You play well and are willing to go harder when you're having fun, and boy are these guys having themselves a good time!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
The buzz I heard after the game the Bruins really wanted to send a message to Kevin Dean on Saturday night. ( Dean now works for Chicago )

HF Bruins thrives on negativity and when things are going well the board is quiet.
The team is making it super easy to keep our intention of savoring Patrice’s “last” season. Make some noise girls and boys!

:partytime:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Had to miss this game due to a prior commitment to attend a friend's suprise 60th birthday party, sounds like I missed a real beatdown. This has been a fantastic ride so far, looking forward to next week's challenging slate of games.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Biggest difference this year is the killer instinct IMO. It's been lacking for a long time. Probably even before Bruce. No longer content with being up a goal or two. Also seems like they are actually having fun out there. Competitive fun. It's great to watch. Foot was on the pedal the whole game.

Was nice to see Hall get one late. I thought he was one of the most effective forwards in the first half before moving to the 3rd line. It tailed off from there, but he probably set Pastrnak up for at least three grade-A chances before that.

Also though Zacha and Coyle did a lot of good stuff without anything to show for it.

McAvoy and Lindholm has the be the best 1-2 punch on D in the NHL?
I agree about Hall,I have no idea why he "demoted" him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad