GDT: Game 17: Wings vs hawks 7:30 pm et (FSD) 2/15/21

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Still blows my mind that Givani isn’t in the lineup. Also not sure why he’s not getting pk reps... doesn’t feel like we’re committed to developing players on the big club at all.

Brome works hard but is a possession black hole on that first line.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Still blows my mind that Givani isn’t in the lineup. Also not sure why he’s not getting pk reps... doesn’t feel like we’re committed to developing players on the big club at all.

Brome works hard but is a possession black hole on that first line.

oAjDhpkOfFhgCbP-800x450-noPad.jpg

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Also why the hell did we not sign Pius Suter? Bert and Fabbri's former teammate in Guelph. Swiss league MVP. 6 goals on the season so far. And an actual legit center.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I mean he had 10 months to think of pp formations and he came away with Dekeyser on pp1 and Merrill on pp2 :laugh:

If we compete like we have been recently, we'll win this game.
that must be it! With Dekeyser out of the lineup his whole PP strategy has fallen apart.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Larkin has the 6th most shots in the NHL.

He can frustrate me at times but theres no doubt he's a gamer... his production will come.

Larkin doesn't really have a huge plus shot though, yes sometimes he does really get ahold of a slapper or scorch a wrister. But for the most part that isn't a huge part of his game. Agree with Mickey's point he needs to get more selective. One of the reasons you encourage it with Mantha is he can score from distance, Larkin needs a little more patience. I think this is some of his mentor's advice gone a little wrong as Zetterberg frustrated me at times with this during his career. It isn't a turnover, but if you're not generating a legitimate scoring chance that is a problem too.

Reactions: mantha39

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Fudge

Win the offensive faceoff, zone is cleared because the defenseman doesn't know how to line up at the faceoff to keep it in the zone.

Guys, I'm not impressed with Djoos at all.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Red Wings have a nice first shift of the game and force a offensive zone faceoff

Blashill follows that up and puts out Nielsen, Glendening, and Erne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad