GDT: Game 17: Wings vs hawks 7:30 pm et (FSD) 2/15/21

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Hronek had a terrible game. He's had a few too many of those this season.

Mantha started off well with some good energy but you could kind of see him start slipping back into old habits. His decision making was poor.

The 4th line made a positive impact.

I like what I saw from Lindstrom last year. Is he not available?

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Because the eye test doesn't say Zadina's playing fine.
Mantha's CF seems about right to me.
So does Zadina's.

THe only high CF% that surprises me is Gagner.

If Zadina was scoring, I wouldn't bother to look for other metrics.
But he's not.
He's tied with Givani smith - in nearly twice the amount of ice time.

Then you must be blind. The eye test says he's one of the hardest working forwards on any given shift. CF doesn't predict on ice results. There are a lot of top players with bad CF and a lot of poor players with high CF.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Still alot of dead weight on the roster, forcing guys to play above their heads. Our young core players are over matched unfortunately most nights. Think we are going to get the complete full youth movement at deadline.. Wouldn't be surprised to see anyone not drafted by Yzerman moved at this point really.

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
I don't think he is better than Rasmussen right now... So I guess if he has a really big summer.

I have a hard time seeing Veleno that high up the lineup right away. He has been slow to adjust at each level, even if he arrived ahead of schedule, of course I think next year might be ahead of schedule or just on schedule for the first time. He might get in some AHL time this year, so we should have a better idea if that happens too.

Veleno is not even at 2C level in Malmö, so I wouldn't keep my hopes up. He plays RW on the 2nd line in Malmö.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Last edited:

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Hronek had a terrible game. He's had a few too many of those this season.

Mantha started off well with some good energy but you could kind of see him start slipping back into old habits. His decision making was poor.

The 4th line made a positive impact.

I like what I saw from Lindstrom last year. Is he not available?
Hronek was caught deep in the Chicago zone on the winning goal. I agree Hronek has played a lot better. He turned the puck over more than once.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Ain't pretty but they have done a good job at ES. The problem with the team is a lack of scoring and special teams. The biggest reason why they're losing right now is the lack of scoring on the PP. Can't expect LGD to get 3 pts every game.

I predict Ryan scores and this one goes to OT.
Well, Ryan let me down but I was right about everything else.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Hronek was caught deep in the Chicago zone on the winning goal. I agree Hronek has played a lot better. He turned the puck over more than once.
I really don't know what Hronek was thinking there heading deep into the zone leaving a man behind him and at the end of his shift.

Above all else with 3 on 3 you need to get your ass off the ice so you don't get caught out there for too long of a shift. And the bad pinch compounded that.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Ryan was our best player last night in my opinion. He had at least 5 really nice plays, that just weren't capitalized on and his stickhandling was very nice.

Staal completely left his man all alone on one of the first 2 goals, and Larry Murphy blames Zadina for trying to stop the play behind the net. Nevermind that Staal is coming over to be the 3rd man on the puck carrier with his own man wide open. Staal is such a mixed bag to me. He jumps into the offensive zone a lot more than I would have ever thought and has made some nice pinches and joining of the rushes, but he also makes a number of not great plays in other areas of the game. Every game to me it seems like he makes 2 or 3 decent plays, but also 3 or 4 bad plays.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I really don't know what Hronek was thinking there heading deep into the zone leaving a man behind him and at the end of his shift.

Above all else with 3 on 3 you need to get your ass off the ice so you don't get caught out there for too long of a shift. And the bad pinch compounded that.

I honestly think Hronek is struggling with having to play over his head and more minutes than he should. Would be nice if we could get someone to help him slide more to where he should be as I honestly think he will be fine. To me he is a 3-4 guy, asked to be a #1 (I know we have heard this dance a lot with many lately) and I think he is simply overwhelmed.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Red Wings PP clicking along at 7.6%.

Power play coach seems like a pretty sweet gig because apparently you're not held responsible for anything.
For better or worse (I guess it's worse) Hirose was one of the best PP options on the team. But sure, keep him in the AHL.

Makes total sense.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I honestly think Hronek is struggling with having to play over his head and more minutes than he should. Would be nice if we could get someone to help him slide more to where he should be as I honestly think he will be fine. To me he is a 3-4 guy, asked to be a #1 (I know we have heard this dance a lot with many lately) and I think he is simply overwhelmed.
I think that's definitely an overarching issue with Hronek, but he's playing similar minutes to what he did last season and is noticeably worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad