EuMWSsQXUAEOTrX
EuMWYX9WgAUmRQ1
EuMXGUhXAAI9hNP
EuMXHe3XUAEsggX
EuMXI2lXUAYDRTi

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
We need to send a message to the Hawks and get revenge on them by winning both games. We must however start clicking on the PP and improve our PK. We all know the Hawks have a good PP. They are second in PP at 34.7% so the key dominate puck possession and stay out of the box. The Hawks PK is at 80.4 % so the boys need to do plenty of Holmstrom's in front of the net and move the puck quickly. My main concern is their problem in getting into the offensive zone on the PP.

Last edited:

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Boys play your best hockey and win tonight. Keys to the game stay out of the box and improve the PP. We need Homer style hockey in front of Hawks net. Obviously we need to keep Kane and Debrincat in check. Strong forecheck.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

Wishing we would get gio back in the lineup. Not too excited about brome on the top line. He really just kills the offense.

Fillpulla - Namestnikov - Gagner :surrender

Chicago's goalies are trash but DeBrincat is looking like he's back in 40 goal form and Kane has put that team fully on his back.

Someone on the Chicago board posted this as the possible lineup.

DeBrincat Suter Kane
Janmark Strome Kubalik
Hagel Soderberg Kurashev
Highmore Kampf Johnson

Keith Mitchell
DeHaan Carlsson
Zadarov Beaudin

Lankinen

I think they're much more dangerous than they appear on paper. If the Wings come out playing a sloppy 1st period then we're going to get blown out by them again. Larkin, Brome and Zadina really need to step it up today.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Wishing we would get gio back in the lineup. Not too excited about brome on the top line. He really just kills the offense.

When Jonny Mullett is your #1 LHD....:help:

I'm assuming Brome gets dropped down the lineup when Bert returns. That 4th line would look a lot better with Smith.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I like having Larkin and Mantha split up. Its realistically our only way to have two scoring lines.

Once Bert is back in place of Brome the top line will be deadly. The second line isnt great but it will do. I'd be interested in swapping Ryan and Zadina once Bert is back as well to see if we can help that second line a bit. Bert-Larkin can carry anyone on that top line.

Reactions: mantha39

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Blash said he really liked merrill.... couldn't agree less.

Oh come on now. Merrill has played decent for us. I can't think of any night where he was our clear cut best defenseman but I also can't think of any night where he's been our worst, either. A lot of nights Merrill was playing his off side (RD) and you can tell he's not as comfortable there.

Ideally he's a 5th or 6th defenseman but because our team is trash he's playing way above his position. Nemeth has been bad outside of maybe 2 games and anytime he makes a pass attempt from his side of the blueline to his partner on the right from inside the offensive zone the guy passes it outside of the zone and kills our attack. Getting him away from Hronek at this point can only be a boost.

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

zwixrr

May 12, 2014
Michigan, USA
Oh come on now. Merrill has played decent for us. I can't think of any night where he was our clear cut best defenseman but I also can't think of any night where he's been our worst, either. A lot of nights Merrill was playing his off side (RD) and you can tell he's not as comfortable there.

Ideally he's a 5th or 6th defenseman but because our team is trash he's playing way above his position. Nemeth has been bad outside of maybe 2 games and anytime he makes a pass attempt from his side of the blueline to his partner on the right from inside the offensive zone the guy passes it outside of the zone and kills our attack. Getting him away from Hronek at this point can only be a boost.

I'm not going to disagree with that but just because everybody else is trash doesn't give a me a reason to like merrill just because he is less trash.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yikes that defense.
Ain't pretty but they have done a good job at ES. The problem with the team is a lack of scoring and special teams. The biggest reason why they're losing right now is the lack of scoring on the PP. Can't expect LGD to get 3 pts every game.

I predict Ryan scores and this one goes to OT.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I like having Larkin and Mantha split up. Its realistically our only way to have two scoring lines.

Once Bert is back in place of Brome the top line will be deadly. The second line isnt great but it will do. I'd be interested in swapping Ryan and Zadina once Bert is back as well to see if we can help that second line a bit. Bert-Larkin can carry anyone on that top line.

Feels like we don't have 2 scoring lines though.
Larkin's offense has gone AWOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad