GDT: Game 17: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Tampa Bay Lightning | Feb 19 | 7:30 PM | LEAFSTV |

Status
Not open for further replies.

lampshade*

Strong physical game, get in on the forecheck, clear the front of Veznia Benny, easy win.

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
Hopefully we're able to limit the amount of times McLaren or Orr are stuck on the ice and we're giving away free powerplay opportunities.

Also hope Grabovski can get on the sheet, he was buzzing last game.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Damn, TB scores a lot of goals.

Yup and they have a lethal PP so it would be wise not to take any dumb penalties. There were a few weak calls in yesterday's game but Florida and TB's PPs are on two ends of the spectrum.

BillyD

JUST WIN BABY
Jun 23, 2009
TSN: Reimer, Lupul, Frattin Updates

heres something:

According to general manager Dave Nonis, goaltender James Reimer will participate in a light workout on the ice Tuesday or Wednesday.

Reimer has been out with a mild MCL knee strain since early last week and his recovery is on schedule.

As part of his ongoing recovery from a fractured forearm, winger Joffrey Lupul was back on the ice Tuesday morning but is still a few weeks away from returning to game action.

Lupul suffered a fractured arm Jan. 23 when he was hit by teammate Dion Phaneuf's shot while standing in front of the Pittsburgh Penguins' net. He was originally expected to be out six weeks.

Also, forward Matt Frattin underwent a successful procedure to repair some issues with his knee and is likely about 10 days away from returning to the lineup.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416352

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
just came here to say what has already been said. 55GF, 45GA. They are the top scoring team in the league and their GA is ranked 9th by a fair margin tho.

Actually, i was looking at the stats and you can really see the difference between the top8 GA teams and the bottom7. The top 8 teams are in the 35-40 goals against range while the bottom 7 are in the 45-55 goals against. Huge difference.

The reason i point this out is if this continues to be true, i really do believe the Leafs will not only make the playoffs but have a chance for that 4th spot = home advantage.

toronto murphy laws

Dec 1, 2008
St. Catharines, ON
just came here to say what has already been said. 55GF, 45GA. They are the top scoring team in the league and their GA is ranked 9th by a fair margin tho.

Actually, i was looking at the stats and you can really see the difference between the top8 GA teams and the bottom7. The top 8 teams are in the 35-40 goals against while the bottom 7 are in the 45-55 goals against. Huge difference.

The reason i point this out is if this continues to be true, i really do believe the Leafs will not only make the playoffs but have a chance for that 4th spot = home advantage.
Considering our record on the road, we may be better in 5-8. :dunno:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Which part of this is new? seems like information that's been known for a while.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
2.25 GAA
takeaway those 12 given up to NYI-NYR
and its under 2.00 i believe

I expect this to continue as well.

Our goaltending likely won't stay this good, but I think our team defense will improve as guys get set in their roles and Carlyle keeps pounding the system into guys' heads.

They should offset each other.

Leafer220

Nov 23, 2011
So what do you go with when Frattin and Lupul are ready to go? Gotta think it's something like this;

Lupul/JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul/JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
Frattin - Kadri - MacArthur
Komarov - McClement - Orr/Brown/McLaren

?

MoeMoney

Mar 11, 2012
Everything seems complicated now because the Leafs are hot and winning games, but between now and when these guys return there will be some bad games had by the replacements and the team will likely lose a few more and the decision won't seem as hard to make in a few weeks time. These three guys are essential for any success going forward, can't wait to see them back healthy and producing again.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
Its time stamped 12:48 pm today and its Nonis to reporters after morning skate on game day, today.

Kinda new.

No your are right. It is news. It came straight from the GM. Anything before that was speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad