GDT: Game 17|NY Strangers @ (1st place) Columbus Blue Jackets Nov 10, 2018

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I knew this post was coming. You defend every goal he gives up but are pretty quick to blame Bob for every one he gives up.

howthepretze.jpg

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Played a damn good third period. Dominated start to finish. A point is nice but we deserved two. Sucks, but could be worse.

Goal 2 I will give you. He was quite slow to react to the pass.

But, what do you want him to do with goal 4? Spin pass from behind the net, off a d man skate across the entire slot, right to a NYR player in between 3 CBJ players, a few feet from the net.

Upon further review, you're right.

However, I still feel like he needs to make a save to win that game. I don't blame him for the shootout goals because its a gimmick, but he needs to make enough saves to win that game and he didn't.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I knew this post was coming. You defend every goal he gives up but are pretty quick to blame Bob for every one he gives up.

Fake news. Bob was TRASH to start the year.

I haven't "bashed" Sergei in a week and I admit goal 2 tonight he should have had.

Explain to me why he should have stopped goals 1, 3 and 4.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
5 home losses in a month.

The Jackets are lucky anybody even bothers to show up to games right now.
Double post but yep.

We can go on and on about perks and cost, but when it comes down to it you HAVE to win at home. Make home games tough for opponents. Excite home fans. The Jackets seem intimidated by big home crowds.

I have been a STH since they became a team and honestly winning is the most important aspect of the in-arena entertainment.

Reactions: Halfboard

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Played a damn good third period. Dominated start to finish. A point is nice but we deserved two. Sucks, but could be worse.

Upon further review, you're right.

However, I still feel like he needs to make a save to win that game. I don't blame him for the shootout goals because its a gimmick, but he needs to make enough saves to win that game and he didn't.

I cant disagree. I also want to highlight what you say about the shootout. All of them, especially the last goal off his glove, we are talking about an inch or so and its an "easy save".

You'd like to see Korpisalo get a stop on 1 of the other goals OTHER THAN goal 2 (that he should have gotten) and that is likely the difference in the game. But, this idea that he played bad, or that his GAA or SV% is a reflection of his play is BS.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Goals 1 & 3 maybe. .. though those are not plays goalies are counted on to make. 2 & 4 were not going to be stopped with a stick.
I think one of the 4 should have been saved , and agree with your our play and miscues were brutal tonight . The shootout was bad , for sure

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I cant disagree. I also want to highlight what you say about the shootout. All of them, especially the last goal off his glove, we are talking about an inch or so and its an "easy save".

You'd like to see Korpisalo get a stop on 1 of the other goals OTHER THAN goal 2 (that he should have gotten) and that is likely the difference in the game. But, this idea that he played bad, or that his GAA or SV% is a reflection of his play is BS.

The defense has let down both goalies numerous times this year. He played well early in the year despite alot of goals against. We'll see how he does from here now that our defense is starting to tighten up. The Jackets still take opponents lightly, but when they want to hunker down and defend they do it pretty well. I don't agree that he's playing as well as you're saying, but I don't think he's playing as poorly as his numbers say either.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Korpi doesn't get held to the same standard as Bob because Korpi is not asking for $10 million/year on a long term contract.

I can understand that factoring in in July, but save by save it's just prejudice. Whether a save is good or not shouldn't be judged by who is making the save.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Although he appreciates Duclair’s ability to create offense, he’s been unhappy with his recent play away from the puck.
He’s got to check,” Tortorella said. “He’s got to learn to check.” “I can’t play them as a line,” Tortorella said. “I can’t play Wennberg’s line together because they just get scored on. They don’t check.”

Columbus had an expected goal total of 3.02 while New York’s was 1.71.....Even though the home team had a commanding 21-8 shot attempt advantage in the third period alone, only one Jackets’ attempt was high-danger. Looking at play in net, Georgiev was 1.4-percent below expectations, while Korpisalo ended the night 12.7-percent below where his performance should have been.

making-sense-of-anthony-duclairs-third-period-benching

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Sounds like its hit the fan with Duclair, Now he can jet Bjork'd and the conversion into a 4th line checker has begun. Meanwhile the softest player on the roster AW will get his 14 to 17 min a game.

It doesn't seem like you read it. He's talking about basic defensive play, not bodychecking. And Wennberg's ice time has gone way down with his linemates.

Reactions: thebus88 and Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Why don't you intelligent fans go back goal to goal and explain to me which 1, other than goal 2, Korpisalo should have stopped.
Given that we would have won if it wasn't for that one goal, that's enough.

And he was indefensibly poor in the shootout.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sounds like its hit the fan with Duclair, Now he can jet Bjork'd and the conversion into a 4th line checker has begun. Meanwhile the softest player on the roster AW will get his 14 to 17 min a game.
He means backchecking. As in defense. As in not being lazy in the neutral zone. You know, the sort of thing that's vital on our team because we have skilled blueliners that can step up. Failure to backcheck and cover is what causes all those annoying odd man rushes that we keep blaming the defense for.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I don't think Columbus needs a 10M goalie unless it was Marty Brodeur in his prime.. nothing against Bob we just can't afford him at that salary & Korpi needs to be good the days of a 7o-75 start goalie seem to be over the back to back play on our schedule

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Doesn’t he buy them anyway?

I only caught the end of the game so I think I can gather 2 things.

1. Korpisalo sucked bad tonight.
2. Panarin’s shootout attempt was so bad I could almost accuse him of trying to throw the game.

That about sums it up.

Trying to help his future team in the standings. He's getting on my nerve lately with his effort. What is this - 7 games without a goal?

I don't disagree with Panarin, he's definitely seemed a bit off lately. Probably just a slump everyone goes through?

Last edited:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Can't stay I disagree with Panarin, he's definitely seemed a bit off lately. Probably just a slump everyone goes through?
2 goals in 13 games, both in the same game. Taken off from 1st PP yesterday.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I don't disagree with Panarin, he's definitely seemed a bit off lately. Probably just a slump everyone goes through?

2 goals in 13 games, both in the same game. Taken off from 1st PP yesterday.

A friend is convinced Panarin is sandbagging. He certainly appears to be approaching the games with all the intensity of a summertime beach volleyball game with old friends.

Reactions: thebus88 and CPTN71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad