GDT: Game 17: New York Rangers(8-6-3) @ Seattle Kraken(8-5-3) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After going 1-1-1 during their first three games of their six game homestand the Kraken are hosting last season's eastern conference finalist, the New York Ragners.

The Rangers had a fantastic season last year and exceeded expectations going pushing the Tampa Bay Lightning to game six in the eastern conference finals.
The biggest reason for that was Vezina Winner Igor Shesterkin, who won both games against the Kraken last season and should be in net tonight.

The Kraken, on the other hand, need to bounce back from their last games having lost both but at least got a point in that overtime loss to Winnipeg.

------------------------------------------------
Where?
Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, WA
Climate-Pledge-Arena-Hero-Credit-Climate-Pledge-Arena.jpeg

When?
07:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 pm. ET / 4:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
ROOT-NW, MSG

-------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Get to the middle/shoot the puck

Offensively the Kraken haven't looked good for the last two games. Against the Wild and Jets the team had a lot of problems creating offensively and it showed on the scoreboard.
In order for that to improve the team needs to find ways to get in better scoring opportunities and also needs to shoot the puck more to at least create rebounds.

2) Stop taking penalties
It's not just about Soucy taking a dum penalty which ulitmatly has the team paying the price for.
Against the Jets the Kraken gave their opponents seven power play opportunities which is just way too much in order to be successful in this league.

3) Keep working hard on defense
Even though offensively the Kraken have had problems of late, the defensive side of things has been looking solid as of late and the Kraken have been able to keep offenses to the outside and make it tough on opponents to score.
Martin Jones playing solid has also been a welcome surprise for a team, that so for in it's existance, hasn't had that luxury.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Andre Burakovsky: 4(G) - 10(A) ---> 14 points
Jordan Eberle: 4(G) - 7(A) ---> 11 points
Jaden Schwartz: 5(G) - 5(A) ---> 10 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 23:21 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 22:58 TOI/Game
Alex Wennberg: 19:18 TOI/Game

Netminders:
giphy.gif

i

Top Scorers:
Artemi Panarin: 5(G) - 17(A) ---> 22 points
Adam Fox: 5(G) - 14(A) ---> 19 points
Mika Zibanejad: 9(G) - 10(A) ---> 19 points

Work Load:
Adam Fox: 24:58 TOI/Game
K'Andre Miller: 21:51 TOI/Game
Jacob Trouba: 21:36 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Igor Shesterkin: 8-2-2 / .915(SV%) / 2.40 GAA
Jaroslav Halak: 0-4-1 / .883(SV%) / 3.22 GAA
--------------------------------------------------

This should be an interesting one.

Both teams are under some pressure as the Rangers haven't had the start to the season that everyone expected of them and the Kraken certainly want to work on their home recored(currently at 3-4-2) in order to have a better chance to sustain their start to the season and give their fans more to cheer for.

Let's hope the Kraken are up for it and able to finally beat the Rangers in their third try.

Of course, as always....
giphy.gif

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
In particular, I love watching the games against the teams from the old Atlantic division because I used to hate them all with the fire of a thousand suns.
Give 'em hell, boys!

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
It will be interesting to see how we hold up against one of the best teams in the eastern conference.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Something to keep an eye on. Beniers is scoreless in the last five games, with TOI dropping to average a bit over 15 minutes in the last three games.

• Wow
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Another bookkeeping note: Wright hasn't played in the last four games. He has now dressed for only seven of the 17 games played and has only reached double figures in time on ice once.

Last edited:

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Lets Go Kraken

Another bookkeeping note: Wright hasn't played in the last four games. He has now dressed for only seven of the 17 games played and has only reached double figures in minutes on ice once.
Its tough with him. He lost a year of development in Junior with the OHL cancelling the season in 2020-21! Now he's playing sporadically. I'd send to the World Juniors personally then a stint in Cochella or vice versa

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Yeah, Igor is having himself a heck of game, although id be willing to bet this is the norm for him.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Another stupid move by Soucy hope JT and John Forslund and Olczyk don't cover for him again. Hello Minny do you want Carson back how about Brodin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad