GDT: Game 17: Columbus vs. San Jose | 11/15 7PM EST

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I never said anything about intentionally losing games..... you're making stuff up now... It's not uncommon for NHL General Managers to stick with bad decisions than admit the mistake......

That's not true for GMJK though. He admitted he made a mistake trading for Gaborik. Of course, he hasn't come clean yet on his mistake trading away Gaborik.
:sarcasm:

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
My thoughts on the game..
1. It's nice to have a good goalie back in net for us. Bob had a great game.
2. You could definitely tell Atkinson wanted a second goal today. Had a lot of shots on goal. Johansen had a good third period. Jenner seemed to do well in the face-off circle.
3. I know Savard takes some heat from people on here, but I'm starting to like his game. He has improved significantly over the last 2 years. Think he's an NHL level D-man. I pretty much wrote him off 2 years ago when he tripped over his skates against LA flubbering away a goal. I can't be the only one that remembers that sequence or game for him there.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
2. You could definitely tell Atkinson wanted a second goal today. Had a lot of shots on goal. Johansen had a good third period. Jenner seemed to do well in the face-off circle.
3. I know Savard takes some heat from people on here, but I'm starting to like his game. He has improved significantly over the last 2 years. Think he's an NHL level D-man. I pretty much wrote him off 2 years ago when he tripped over his skates against LA flubbering away a goal. I can't be the only one that remembers that sequence or game for him there.

Think he's a top 4 D now, maybe someday a top pair guy. Good at both ends of the ice. Great shot, good passer, reads the game well, great reach and strength, can flatten guys and tie up sticks well, etc.. Clumsy looking and slow, yes, but considering that he rarely gets beat.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Ok, only three more until we have that first five game winning streak.

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
A little late to the party, but here goes my observations from the game last night...

-The crowd was very meh up until the end. The opening Bobrovsky montage with Jay and Dan was absolutely hysterical, hopefully I can find that online somewhere.
-The Hartnell-Jenner-Atkinson line was awesome, they were buzzing around in the offensive zone and had several great forechecks established and some good chances. I'd like to keep that line together when healthy.
-Johansen had his moments and looked good, but I really wish we had a more skilled winger playing alongside him and Nick. Gibbons has his upside of being tenacious (at some times), but the team reeeeally should look to add skill to that line. Or try Anisimov on the wing there and put Dubinsky in AA's spot. Also, Cracknell had a solid game, he has looked good in the last few imo.
-Bob was Bob. Don't need to say anything else than that! He looked extremely sharp and focused. Very little rebounds given up by him....which brings me to my next point
-Niemi gave up some massive rebounds that I feel like the team couldn't pounce on (especially the first period). Not sure if that was because of poor positioning or SJS playing well defensively in front of Niemi.
-Leopold was a great acquisition imo, especially given the circumstances. Even when healthy, I like this move. Basically the equivalent of having Nick Schultz back in the lineup. If he can play like he did last night consistently, I will feel a hell of a lot more comfortable on the backend. D in general was much better, too. Except for JMFJ, get him off the PP he can never hold the puck in the zone!
-Lastly, here are my thoughts of what the lineup should look like in the next week or two when we are close to healthy (forward-wise, who knows about the D)

Foligno-Johansen-Anisimov/Gibbons
Hartnell-Jenner-Atkinson
Calvert-Dubinsky-Anisimov/Gibbons
Cracknell-Letestu-Skille

dnmccoy

Nov 18, 2013
Columbus
A little late to the party, but here goes my observations from the game last night...

-The crowd was very meh up until the end. The opening Bobrovsky montage with Jay and Dan was absolutely hysterical, hopefully I can find that online somewhere.
-The Hartnell-Jenner-Atkinson line was awesome, they were buzzing around in the offensive zone and had several great forechecks established and some good chances. I'd like to keep that line together when healthy.
-Johansen had his moments and looked good, but I really wish we had a more skilled winger playing alongside him and Nick. Gibbons has his upside of being tenacious (at some times), but the team reeeeally should look to add skill to that line. Or try Anisimov on the wing there and put Dubinsky in AA's spot. Also, Cracknell had a solid game, he has looked good in the last few imo.
-Bob was Bob. Don't need to say anything else than that! He looked extremely sharp and focused. Very little rebounds given up by him....which brings me to my next point
-Niemi gave up some massive rebounds that I feel like the team couldn't pounce on (especially the first period). Not sure if that was because of poor positioning or SJS playing well defensively in front of Niemi.
-Leopold was a great acquisition imo, especially given the circumstances. Even when healthy, I like this move. Basically the equivalent of having Nick Schultz back in the lineup. If he can play like he did last night consistently, I will feel a hell of a lot more comfortable on the backend. D in general was much better, too. Except for JMFJ, get him off the PP he can never hold the puck in the zone!
-Lastly, here are my thoughts of what the lineup should look like in the next week or two when we are close to healthy (forward-wise, who knows about the D)

Hartnell-Jenner-Atkinson
Cracknell-Letestu-Skille

Last edited by a moderator:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
You forgot about the possibility of a 0-0 shootout win, bonehead. :facepalm: :shakehead

CBJ would still have outscore the opponent in the shootout to get the win. Final score is 1-0, dicknose. :sarcasm::laugh:

(to be clear, the name calling is done in jest since I figured Major's was too. Name-calling is generally not cool.)

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
like to see something like
Foligno Johansen Wennberg/Anisimov
Hartnell Jenner Atkinson
Cavert Dubinsky Anisimov/Wennberg
Skille Letestu Gibbons

dang. that looks like a good team..

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
like to see something like
Foligno Johansen Anisimov/Wennberg
Hartnell Jenner Atkinson
Cavert Dubinsky Anisimov/Wennberg
Skille Letestu Gibbons

dang. that looks like a good team

When healthy, that 4th line looks better than any 4th line we've ever had here.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
CBJ would still have outscore the opponent in the shootout to get the win. Final score is 1-0, dicknose. :sarcasm::laugh:

(to be clear, the name calling is done in jest since I figured Major's was too. Name-calling is generally not cool.)

Yeah I only name-called to make fun of name-callers, and to prove your point that people will argue anything. Glad you caught the joke. :laugh:

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Hartnell-Jenner-Atkinson
Cracknell-Letestu-Skille

Ha! These are the same lines I put up. So I obviously agree.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
When healthy, that 4th line looks better than any 4th line we've ever had here.

It'll be hard to beat the Tropp-Letestu-Mackenzie line we had in the second half last year. They had a month or so where they scored a goal for every 10 minutes or so of ice time. I hope folks know how amazing that is.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg

I do remember that sequence actually. I've paid attention to him closely, and a few years ago I took a lot of heat because I was adamant that I thought he would turn out to be better than Moore.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I just saw the Nick-Bob hug after this game. They can't break that up. EVER. That's as much of a tradition as the cannon at this point.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I just saw the Nick-Bob hug after this game. They can't break that up. EVER. That's as much of a tradition as the cannon at this point.

I've seen a lot of NHL since 1971..... Nicks Dad Mike jumped after every goal he scored... I like the Nick hug of Bob better, very unique, and a something I can't wait to see him do more of…..

2 wins down, 7 more to go to make up for the 9 game losing streak.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00