GDT: Game 17: Columbus vs. San Jose | 11/15 7PM EST

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
The Jackets looked like a different team tonight... It's easy to say Bob was the difference but in reality the team played a better game of hockey... They dominated SJ most of the night, that said, there are seven more wins to go before matching the 9 game losing streak...

Good game, needed win... do more...

The team just flat out plays better with bob. I think the confidence they have in bob you can actually see.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
The Jackets looked like a different team tonight... It's easy to say Bob was the difference but in reality the team played a better game of hockey... They dominated SJ most of the night, that said, there are seven more wins to go before matching the 9 game losing streak...

Good game, needed win... do more...

I'm thinking that Bob's mere presence in net may have provided a psychological boost that allowed the other players to play to their full potential.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Guess the Jackets just have to start around 5-10-1 :sarcasm:

Good game tonight. Bob was very solid. Team D was very good. Giving up 35 shots not great but that was about the extent of the bad.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Glad to see the PK improve there, AA was a big addition back in the lineup. Bob played well.

Still have some things to clean up, but pretty good game against a good team.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Bob = beauty.

4 points in 28 hours.

The Islanders lost. The Devils lost. The Canes lost. The Capitals are losing. The Flyers are losing.

I believe in this team.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The team just flat out plays better with bob. I think the confidence they have in bob you can actually see.

Agree.... the team still lacked a few players (Dubi, Murray) but seemed like a different team....

Bob is a motivator, problem is, he can't play every game, we still need a solid backup..

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Agree.... the team still lacked a few players (Dubi, Murray) but seemed like a different team....

Bob is a motivator, problem is, he can't play every game, we still need a solid backup..

Live in the now Robert!
Lol, yeah don't think about McBackup and the pain he brings.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
That was the best goalie performance I've seen in a while. Hopefully Bob stands on his head after the slow start, just like he's done the last two years.

The rest of the team I thought was so-so. Great for most of the game, but we were trading golden chances with the Sharks for most of the second half. Not the way to protect the lead. Without Bob it could have gotten ugly.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Lines when healthy:

The limited talent we have right now is playing great, so I wouldn't mind keeping them together. And put Calvert-Dubinsky-Anisimov together. We all know Dubinsky has clicked with each of those guys before, but the trio hasn't been tried.

Chaput has been passable, but we have better options when healthy, so he goes down, and Wennberg's been good but he goes down to get his scoring going. And this is all conditional on Jenner continuing to improve his faceoffs, otherwise he switches with Anisimov.

Foligno-Johansen-Gibbons
Hartnell-Jenner-Atkinson
Calvert-Dubinsky-Anisimov
Tropp/Cracknell-Letestu-Skille

I'd also be curious if Anisimov would play well on the top line wing, because I bet Gibbons' tenacity would be a nice fit with Calvert and Dubinsky.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

My son proposed an interesting idea on the drive down to NWA tonight. He said "why can't we cut McEilhinney and sign Martin Brodeur to be our backup?"

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Lines when healthy:

The limited talent we have right now is playing great, so I wouldn't mind keeping them together. And put Calvert-Dubinsky-Anisimov together. We all know Dubinsky has clicked with each of those guys before, but the trio hasn't been tried.

Chaput has been passable, but we have better options when healthy, so he goes down, and Wennberg's been good but he goes down to get his scoring going. And this is all conditional on Jenner continuing to improve his faceoffs, otherwise he switches with Anisimov.

Foligno-Johansen-Gibbons
Hartnell-Jenner-Atkinson
Calvert-Dubinsky-Anisimov
Tropp/Cracknell-Letestu-Skille

I'd also be curious if Anisimov would play well on the top line wing, because I bet Gibbons' tenacity would be a nice fit with Calvert and Dubinsky.

I wouldn't move Anisimov from the middle. He's pretty good at faceoffs. If Cracknell continues to play well, he gets my nod over Tropp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad