GDT: Game 17: Columbus vs. San Jose | 11/15 7PM EST

major major

Feb 18, 2013
My son proposed an interesting idea on the drive down to NWA tonight. He said "why can't we cut McEilhinney and sign Martin Brodeur to be our backup?"

Because Brodeur is worse than Mcelhinney. Bryzgalov or Vokoun might be a better option.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
My son proposed an interesting idea on the drive down to NWA tonight. He said "why can't we cut McEilhinney and sign Martin Brodeur to be our backup?"

They could, but CBJ MGT would never toss Mac under the bus easily... in my opinion they would rather lose a bunch of games before admitting a mistake...

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
They could, but CBJ MGT would never toss Mac under the bus easily... in my opinion they would rather lose a bunch of games before admitting a mistake...

Enough of the management bashing, already! You're constantly implying what you have no evidence of such as above. Are you just yearning to rekindle the days of the neon green tees and FAN? Enough.:shakehead

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Enough of the management bashing, already! You're constantly implying what you have no evidence of such as above. Are you just yearning to rekindle the days of the neon green tees and FAN? Enough.:shakehead

Tell me what I can have an opinion about that meets your criteria then... You give your personal attack away by mentioning "neon green tees and FAN".... You're not nice.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Tell me what I can have an opinion about that meets your criteria then... You give your personal attack away by mentioning "neon green tees and FAN".... You're not nice.

It's ludicrous to suggest that they'd intentionally lose games as you suggest. And, in reference to the Jordan Leopold thread, there are many many of us who don't give a rat's rear about the flippin' Buckeyes. Your comments provoke, as well. Nice? Pot/kettle.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

Tr00 hockey fans expect nothing less than 96 wins in a season. Anything less requires everyone to be fired, every year. You can't change my mind. :shakehead

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Good grind 'em out type of game. Went into the weekend needing 4 points, got 4 points. This is definitely a managable situation. On to Detroit!

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
It's ludicrous to suggest that they'd intentionally lose games as you suggest. And, in reference to the Jordan Leopold thread, there are many many of us who don't give a rat's rear about the flippin' Buckeyes. Your comments provoke, as well. Nice? Pot/kettle.

I never said anything about intentionally losing games..... you're making stuff up now... It's not uncommon for NHL General Managers to stick with bad decisions than admit the mistake...

As for other threads, I don't think it's fair to cross reference threads...

Last edited:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If he's at the same level as the last two years, yes.

I'm not being facetious either.

What evidence are you using to make that judgement?

GAA? Nope.
Save %? Nope.
W-L? Nope.
The eyeball test? I guess it's possible if you watched different games than I watched.

Puzzling. :help:

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I suspect some of our fellow fans did some day drinking for tOSU game, which started at noon.

Wish I'd been able to watch. I, like some of our once and future reinforcements, was on a bus to Springfield.

But at least then I transferred to a bus to Amherst and got to see my family :handclap:

Great win though, go Jackets! Was hoping putting Bob in there might get us started a different streak

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Tr00 hockey fans expect nothing less than 96 wins in a season. Anything less requires everyone to be fired, every year. You can't change my mind. :shakehead

Targeted change is a good thing at times, this is the nature of professional sport.... and life for that matter.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
congrats to Bob for win #100...and I see not much has changed on the board by the last few posts...so I'll just say, I liked Cracknell's game tonight...he and Arty played well...Boone is just incredible...and Cam wanted that goal so bad after just missing a few times lately...good team win...nice to have SJS's number...

also, off topic, but Cracknell's twitter game has been great...if you are on twitter, he's really finding a way to endear himself to the fans on twitter...

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
That's typical Bob right there. At least a half dozen not just big, but huge stops. Rebound control was amazing as well. This was a game we were fortunate to have Bobrovsky back. The Sharks would have put up at least 4-5 goals if someone other that Bob got the start. Despite that, though, the defense was impressive as well. Checking SJ off the puck when they were in front of the net, and lifting their sticks when they had point blank opportunities. Prout also had his best game in forever. Good to see. I know he has the ability.

That Foligno and Bobrovsky hug at the end was epic too. It's been too long since we've seen that. Bob's interview in the post-game was awesome as well. His English has vastly improved. Would love to see him do more interviews. He's a character. :laugh:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Jez, we just one 2 in a row and people are quibbling with each other like a bunch of 8th graders.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Good game but can't lean so much on Bob. 2nd was terrible, good response in the 3rd, great 4 minute pk

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Jez, we just one 2 in a row and people are quibbling with each other like a bunch of 8th graders.

I'm pretty sure if I said "for the Jackets to win, they'll have to outscore their opponent," someone would try to prove me wrong.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
What evidence are you using to make that judgement?

GAA? Nope.
Save %? Nope.
W-L? Nope.
The eyeball test? I guess it's possible if you watched different games than I watched.

Puzzling. :help:

Okay, maybe not worse than C-Mac has been this year. But we can at least say that the last couple years C-Mac and Brodeur have broadly similar sv%, and Brodeur's not headed in the right direction. Ask the Devils board (they would probably want us to sign him and suffer).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad