Post-Game Talk: Game 17 - B's wake up too late - Philadelphia 3 BRUINS 2 F/SO

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Third game in a row they dont show up for the first period and try to make up for it as the game goes on. While it's nice to see they can battle back it also isnt a winning strategy.

While the sluml is frustrating it's not the end of the world. The issue is the team seems totally out of it while Pasta is slumping. Marchy is still giving 100% per usual but there's only so much one player can do. Really shows how much we need secondary scoring.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
their slow starts in the last few games are exactly what cost them game 7. I really hope Cassidy recognizes that and drills it into their heads.

aguineapig

At approximately 8:30 pm EST, one week ago tonite, upon taking a 3-0 lead against the Penguins, the Boston Bruins stopped skating. Why? Perhaps it was coming too easy to them. Everything Pasta and Marchy touched turned to goal(d). Tukka and Jaro were a dynamic duo. The team D was an iron curtain. They were No. 1 on the all the Power Rankings for whatever that gets you. And they stopped skating. And they were slapped with a reality check. Nothing is given, it must be earned. At about 9:00 pm EST last evening, after going down 2-0 to Philly it looks like reality set in. They realized it was up to them. And they started skating.If you don't bring the skating, you might as well not punch in. Hopefully a lesson learned.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Refs made the right call, For ounce.
It's not even debatable at this point. Unless you just want to ignore reality.

just to clear this up- the official told cassidy is was lindolm pushing the pad into the net why the goal was waived off. Nothing to do with the Clifton contact.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
their slow starts in the last few games are exactly what cost them game 7. I really hope Cassidy recognizes that and drills it into their heads.

It’s not entirely that. But it is mental. Game 7 they came out flying, it’s jsut when pucks weren’t going on the time was ticking down they made more and more mistakes, anxious air to it

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Krug is injured

Pretty sure he knows that part. I think he's wondering if there's any meaning behind the change in Urho's recall. First, it was reported as an "emergency recall", then it was updated to "regular recall". I'm sure there's some roster-related reason or something that makes it more beneficial to the Bruins to recall him one way vs the other, but he wasn't sure..........nor am I.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
just to clear this up- the official told cassidy is was lindolm pushing the pad into the net why the goal was waived off. Nothing to do with the Clifton contact.

If that's true then it's weird 'cause Clifton obviously takes out Hart's right leg as he's skating past. Doesn't matter that it was unintentional as the contact was in the crease, and Hart clearly had no chance to re-set between the contact and the puck going in the net. Definite, textbook interference by Connor.

So perhaps this is a case of the right decision being made for the wrong reasons?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
If that's true then it's weird 'cause Clifton obviously takes out Hart's right leg as he's skating past. Doesn't matter that it was unintentional as the contact was in the crease, and Hart clearly had no chance to re-set between the contact and the puck going in the net. Definite, textbook interference by Connor.

So perhaps this is a case of the right decision being made for the wrong reasons?

I think most people are upset because there was no call at all on the ice. No wash out or no goal call.
It was pretty much like the overtime no goal against Ottawa in the playoffs in 2017. Refs were clueless. I think it shouldve been ruled a goal on the ice. Becasue they obviously had no clue what they were doing.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Just pick your poison, Clifton or Linholm.

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I think most people are upset because there was no call at all on the ice. No wash out or no goal call.
It was pretty much like the overtime no goal against Ottawa in the playoffs in 2017. Refs were clueless. I think it shouldve been ruled a goal on the ice. Becasue they obviously had no clue what they were doing.

It certainly appears to have been managed poorly. But I'm comfortable that it's not a goal so I'm not annoyed by the actual decision, however exactly they reasoned it. The Krejci one against the Avalanche was much more borderline and questionable to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad