Post-Game Talk: GAME 17 - BRUINS 4 Vegas 1 FINAL

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Pasta is taking the next step from Star to Superstar. He looks like a hybrid between Ovechkin and Jagr.

Halak is having Tim Thomas like success!

JFK has been a great addition to the third line and Backes to the 4th line. We finally have some depth upfront which is creating that needed secondary scoring.

It took a few year but we are finally seeing the rewards of the Hamilton trade. JFK should hopefully stay put as the third line center and Lauzon looks like a stud. I would love to see a Lauzon-McAvoy pairing at some point. Now we just need Senyshyn to make the jump and we will be looking good. Nordstrom has been great but as most people have said he will most likely not be a long term solution to the second line. I would love to see a Debrusk-Krejci-Senyshyn line at some point.

Reactions: FanSince72 and TCB

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Boys looked great tonight! I was impressed by the 3rd line, they played well but still got locked up in their end a fair share. 4th line was solid. Nordstrom on the 2nd line is a black hole. My dear lord the 1st line is all world! Watching them in person is sick! Halak.......well hes simply amazing! Hes a #1

Nords the guy who scored and has made the 2nd line a threat? He's a black hole?

Reactions: FanSince72 and BMC

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Pasta is taking the next step from Star to Superstar. He looks like a hybrid between Ovechkin and Jagr.

Halak is having Tim Thomas like success!

JFK has been a great addition to the third line and Backes to the 4th line. We finally have some depth upfront which is creating that needed secondary scoring.

It took a few year but we are finally seeing the rewards of the Hamilton trade. JFK should hopefully stay put as the third line center and Lauzon looks like a stud. I would love to see a Lauzon-McAvoy pairing at some point. Now we just need Senyshyn to make the jump and we will be looking good. Nordstrom has been great but as most people have said he will most likely not be a long term solution to the second line. I would love to see a Debrusk-Krejci-Senyshyn line at some point.

Nowhere near like fish out of water Tim Thomas playing style but I will say Halak does posses a natural calm in his game. His rebound control and positioning is off the charts good. Add in he can control the puck added bonus. Love the HAL.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
That goal by Bjork/Heinen last night was so nice. Good board battling by Bjork, the puck gets to Heinen. What happened next was maybe my favorite part of the whole play. Heinen recognizes its 2 on 2, but he knows Bjork has the wheel to beat his man and he puts it just far enough out where he knows Bjork can make the play. The rest was nice in its own right, but the board play and then the little chip up front were the best part of that.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
David Pastrnak might be the most exciting player I have ever watched. There’s just so much I love about this guy.

I love how he interacts with the fans and is having a blast out there. We have someone special here, guys.
I love everything about Pasta. He seems like a great kid and doesn't have an arrogant bone in his body. He has always wanted to learn, do better and his enthusiasm for the game is evident. He is improving every season and does not get pushed around as easily with his growth. So much fun!!

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Kinda weird the parallels between this season and last season.

Would like to get everyone back in December and get confident for another 28-0 game tear through the NHL.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
He averages 5 mins a game hardly think the two are connected.

He actually averages almost 11 minutes a night this season. You could also argue that because of Noel's lack of offensive ability, it limits where and how you use the line. It looks like Cassidy has more confidence in the new 4th line as well as they've seen an up tick from around 11 minutes a night to 13 minutes in the past two games.

Reactions: EON and Blowfish

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He averages 5 mins a game hardly think the two are connected.

This is the kind of #%^@ that makes this board irritating at times.

He's averaged 10:52 min of ice per night this season.

A quick glance at his game logs from last season and he was at or over 11 mins. a game last season.

Took me all of 30 seconds to look that up.

And you need contributions from all 12 forwards now to contend for a championship and win in today's NHL. The days of the 4th line playing 5 mins. a game are long over with, it's not 2004 anymore. If find it funny that so many here can't buy into that concept and are OK with certain 4th line players because well they are 4th line players and they shouldn't have any expectations placed upon them. As others have already said, Acciari out and JFK in has allowed Cassidy to use his line-up a bit differently now that a severely limited player like Noel Acciari is no longer eating up 11 mins. of ice time a game.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I was wrong...take that back. I still don't see much difference between him and the other 4th liners with the exception of Kuraly who I can see playing up the line up and being effective.

Acciari is a blackhole when the puck comes near him. Great forechecker and hitter, but offensively he's a mess. I've seen more offensive zones die on his stick then I have with anyone else on the B's this year. The new 4th line w/ Backes looks much much better.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
In Hawaii for work. Will try to rewatch this one. I’m happy for Lauzon, Heinen and Bjork. Hopefully this is the turning point for that 3rd line,
What part of Hawaii? Wife and I honeymooned there few months ago. It is looking like the 3rd line has some stability. This road trip will be a good test for them.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Acciari is a blackhole when the puck comes near him. Great forechecker and hitter, but offensively he's a mess. I've seen more offensive zones die on his stick then I have with anyone else on the B's this year. The new 4th line w/ Backes looks much much better.

Wagner pretty much has the same hitting and forechecking qualities while also having some decent offensive skill. Acciari can stay as 13th forward which is fine by me.

Reactions: FanSince72

False Start

May 8, 2018
That goal by Bjork/Heinen last night was so nice. Good board battling by Bjork, the puck gets to Heinen. What happened next was maybe my favorite part of the whole play. Heinen recognizes its 2 on 2, but he knows Bjork has the wheel to beat his man and he puts it just far enough out where he knows Bjork can make the play. The rest was nice in its own right, but the board play and then the little chip up front were the best part of that.

My favorite part was the fact that it was at the end of their shift.

They were hemmed in for a decent while in the D zone. Then the guys got the puck out and scored in transition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad