GDT: Game 17: Avs @ Habs | November 14, 2015 | 5 PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Berra! Cool, thanks. I hope they get recognized, I'm not sure what more the league could ask for.

I still wouldn't count on Grigo for a ton of goals but bring decent defensively and using his IQ to pass to those guys all day then he should be able to stay there.

Exactly. He has the ability to slow things down in a good way for that line. He always had a very good shot too. We haven't had an opportunity to see it yet but he was sniping in the A last year. Hopefully a little more opportunity will show that side of his game too

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Where are the people crying about ROR? Made mistake keeping Duchene. Right?

Seen that shift ROR had yesterday when he singlehandedly won them a point?

We made a mistake not keeping ROR. Period. No matter what we did/do with Duchene.

Now that Duchene looks good on Macs wing, just imagine if our second line wold be Landeskog - ROR - Iginla....

I mostly blame Lacroix. Those first negotiatons really screwed us badly. I really wonder how it would have ended if they would have given him the captaincy he arguably deserved over rookie Landeskog back then.

Yeah he did not deserve 5 M back then but just imagine if we had ROR locked up for another 3-4 years @4-5 M. That would be amazing right now.

I mean what is done is done. But ROR is a great player that we really should have found a way to hang on to.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Where are the people crying about ROR? Made mistake keeping Duchene. Right?

WTH does everything have to come back to O'Reilly vs. Duchene? In a perfect world, the Avs would have been able to keep O'Reilly, and they'd have more options in the Top-6. Ryan O'Reilly is a damn good hockey player.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Ugh, enough of the ROR talk. This will take years to evaluate, just like the EJ trade - are people still upset about that one as well?

Anyways, why is Redmond called up just to ride the pine? I had hoped he would be replacing Guenin in the lineup.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Seen that shift ROR had yesterday when he singlehandedly won them a point?

We made a mistake not keeping ROR. Period. No matter what we did/do with Duchene.

Now that Duchene looks good on Macs wing, just imagine if our second line wold be Landeskog - ROR - Iginla....

I mostly blame Lacroix. Those first negotiatons really screwed us badly. I really wonder how it would have ended if they would have given him the captaincy he arguably deserved over rookie Landeskog back then.

Yeah he did not deserve 5 M back then but just imagine if we had ROR locked up for another 3-4 years @4-5 M. That would be amazing right now.

I mean what is done is done. But ROR is a great player that we really should have found a way to hang on to.

just imagine where this team could be at in the standings if ROR was still on the team. combine the hot start he had this season with the hot play of duchene recently and mackinnon's top 5 league wide scoring thats been consistent throughout the season... I ought not think this way but its pretty easy to miss another bonafide top 6 guy in our lineup...
anyways heres to hoping they stretch their win streak to 4 on tuesday:yo:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
just imagine where this team could be at in the standings if ROR was still on the team. combine the hot start he had this season with the hot play of duchene recently and mackinnon's top 5 league wide scoring thats been consistent throughout the season... I ought not think this way but its pretty easy to miss another bonafide top 6 guy in our lineup...
anyways heres to hoping they stretch their win streak to 4 on tuesday:yo:

The reason some people are even crying about this trade right now is because Zadorov is in the AHL. Without the O'Money trade we wouldn't have this guy either...

http://video.avalanche.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=874227

I just smile when I see his interviews, for a player with so much offensive skill and expectations you know it has to have been difficult for him. But hes kept his head down as of late and worked his ass off.

Awesome to see him rewarded

Trading O'Reilly set us back a bit, but this team will have much better balance in the future. Zadorov + Grigs in a year or two will be much better than one O'Reilly IMO.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I had a couple.

qFo7fGz.jpg
Rh1SZx4.jpg

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
By the way, 3 game win streak is good and all but it's hardly something to jump for joy since this team is still very much outside playoff picture. Need to win another 4 games in a row to jump right into the playoff picture specially in the central division.

The Kings got off to a slow start and looked to be dead in the water until they went on a 7 game win streak.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
By the way, 3 game win streak is good and all but it's hardly something to jump for joy since this team is still very much outside playoff picture. Need to win another 4 games in a row to jump right into the playoff picture specially in the central division.

The Kings got off to a slow start and looked to be dead in the water until they went on a 7 game win streak.

They're 4 points out man.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I know but my point is they gotta keep winning. 4 points is 4 points, if they lose the next game or next 2 games that 4 points can turn into 6 or 8 points.

Lot of hockey left to play. The Avs will have to have a good record against their Division to truly make a difference.

But come on man, don't be purposely deceptive by saying "very much outside the playoff picture", you know what type of connotation that carries, and the fact is that they're 4 points out at this moment, playing better hockey as of late, and yes, they need to keep it up.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Lot of hockey left to play. The Avs will have to have a good record against their Division to truly make a difference.

But come on man, don't be purposely deceptive by saying "very much outside the playoff picture", you know what type of connotation that carries, and the fact is that they're 4 points out at this moment, playing better hockey as of late, and yes, they need to keep it up.

Just saying I hope they keep winning that's all.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Just saying I hope they keep winning that's all.

Fair enough. We agree on that then (as will pretty much everyone here, I imagine). We want them to keep winning.

Hell, I even said last night that despite them paying a better all-round game before last night, I would be perfectly happy if they were "out played" by Montreal everywhere but the goal column in last night's game. I was very happy with the win and the offensive output displayed by the team last night. And seeing as how the team can only focus on one game at a time to dig themselves out of the hole they put themselves in at the beginning of the year, perhaps we as fans need to try and do that as well? Take it one game at a time. The last 3 have been nice, and it's good to have some winning momentum on our side. If the team keeps it up, their reward should be there at the end of the regular season.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Norwegian media going with the "Martinsen effect".

Hasn't lost a single game in regulation in North America.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Does Martinsen spend all of his spare time in a tanning bed or what exactly is going on there?

He's Norwegian, but he's... orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad