GDT: Game 17: Arizona Dreamcasts @ Vancouver Gamecubes ~ 11/14/14 8:00 p.m. MST ~ FSA Plus

Matzel

Jul 26, 2003
I'm done listening to Tyson and McConnell, I will only listen to the away broadcasters now or our radio guy.

Sounds like a good decision. :nod:

EDIT: I think only the LA Kings (Bob Miller / Jim Fox) have a worse team in the broadcast booth.

Matzel

Jul 26, 2003
This sounds like it was a horrendously stupid idea.

Paddock had a bag full of horrendous ideas when he was with the Jets. He also brokered what (arguably) remains as the worst trade of this franchise:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Paddock had a bag full of horrendous ideas when he was with the Jets. He also brokered what (arguably) remains as the worst trade of this franchise:

Which I believe was forced on him by new ownership. Getting scared yet?

Matzel

Jul 26, 2003
Which I believe was forced on him by new ownership. Getting scared yet?

Not sure that anything can shock me as much as the news of the Teemu trade did back in the day...

That said, I am just hoping that the guys don't screw up the the carefully planned tank. The occasional 'surprise game', such as last night vs. the 'Nucks is a'ight. But in the end it would be great if the 'Yotes could suck the most - finish 30th - and finally add the franchise player this sorry bunch of lunch pailers and grinders has been missing since Teemu was dished to the Quacks.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Joey V with the first dominating game he's had in the circle as a Yote so far. Won 9 of 12 draws.

I thought he played a very solid game. To bad his wingers are Crombeen and McMillan. I like McMillans hustle and all, but he doesn't have any offensive talent.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I think today we're going to win today, just to confuse everyone.

Boom called it! Of course I was only half serious and thought we'd squeak out a win jj win 5 zip but still called it!

I think Tip has to give Dubnyk another game. What kind of message does it send if you don't play the guy who is winning games? Forwards and Defense watch from the press box when their game goes to hell. Why not Smith...

The wrong message has been sent for past few years. I think the players know by now that ice time isn't earned by merit or effort, but solely by if tippet has a man crush on you.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I thought he played a very solid game. To bad his wingers are Crombeen and McMillan. I like McMillans hustle and all, but he doesn't have any offensive talent.

I don't think Joey V has played a remotely bad game for us yet. Also flashing the offensive skill he did on occasion in Pittsburgh a bit more frequently with us - hopefully he continues to put pucks on net.

I'm still fine with McMillan's game, and I don't mind marginal offensive production from a guy who gets 8 mins of ES time per game as long as he's stingy to play against in both ends and contributes on the PK. Personally I think it's a more cost efficient signing than the 2.5M+ we're paying Korpikoski to still be on a milk carton. Ultimately though I do believe we should get some power wingers for Vitale that match his forechecking prowess but provide more offensive ability. Lessio might be a good fit for that.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
GMDM has to really start cutting bait with a few of the players that aren't providing the return on investment.

Korpi is the biggest anchor from a production/salary standpoint. We were paying for the 40pt and 37pt seasons of the past after the 11pt season when we gave him the contract. :facepalm:

Btw, if GMDM signs Erat for anything close to the $3.5m he could have paid Vrbata for the next 4 years, I can't tell you how upset I'm going to be.

oregonduck

Jan 27, 2008

sMgYDc7.jpg

Not saying that Arizona didn't deserve to win, they outplayed the Canucks. However to say that this is a goal, is horrendous.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
sMgYDc7.jpg

Not saying that Arizona didn't deserve to win, they outplayed the Canucks. However to say that this is a goal, is horrendous.

I can point out numerous times where goals were disallowed due to phantom goalie interference. Then there was the "pants" goal last year that should not have counted and cost the Yotes a game. Sometimes calls go your way...nature of sports.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I can point out numerous times where goals were disallowed due to phantom goalie interference. Then there was the "pants" goal last year that should not have counted and cost the Yotes a game. Sometimes calls go your way...nature of sports.

Does anyone remember the time sjoestrom got called for goalie interference when the goalie fell next to him? Wasn't a disallowed goal it just reminded me of it.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
That's what bugs me. Sure, it should have been a no goal. But what's worse, the Canucks failed the entire time before it happened.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Giant Gram 2000 on Dreamcast is one of my favorite games.

I was reading NHL scores at work and misread this. I thought the Canucks won with that scoreline. Turning in good efforts now.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't think Joey V has played a remotely bad game for us yet. Also flashing the offensive skill he did on occasion in Pittsburgh a bit more frequently with us - hopefully he continues to put pucks on net.

I'm still fine with McMillan's game, and I don't mind marginal offensive production from a guy who gets 8 mins of ES time per game as long as he's stingy to play against in both ends and contributes on the PK. Personally I think it's a more cost efficient signing than the 2.5M+ we're paying Korpikoski to still be on a milk carton. Ultimately though I do believe we should get some power wingers for Vitale that match his forechecking prowess but provide more offensive ability. Lessio might be a good fit for that.

I was thinking Lessio as well. Maybe Moss on the RW.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net

I agree.
I was hoping/half expecting that Joe would show some offense to go with his defensive play. I've been a Korpi supporter and was hoping that he would finally find chemistry with a center (Gagner), Thought about getting Stewart (@ 70%) and dumping Crombeen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad