GDT: Game 17: Arizona Dreamcasts @ Vancouver Gamecubes ~ 11/14/14 8:00 p.m. MST ~ FSA Plus

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It is crazy that our 800k goalie is better than our 6 million dollar goalie.

It's not when you realize goalies are largely a product of the team in front of them. Very few are worth starter money all the time.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Quint sucked so bad, I'm surprised he even managed to do that.

That was the draft when Paddock decided to use Central Scoutings list because we basically had no money. For those who don't know. Central scouting is where scouts break into the business. It's the equivalent of promoting someone from your mailroom to run your purchasing department after about ten days in the business.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
Hockey is a weird sport. Can't believe I'm saying this with Dubs at 3-0-1 and Smith at the abysmal 4-9, but I'd probably go back to Smith for the Oilers game (assuming we are trying to win, not to tank).

But you can't deny the fact that this team has played better games with Dubs behind them. Who knows.

Good to see Yandle got injected with some next level not-legal Canadian drugs and played a hell of a game.

As for the roster, I've always been a pro-Schlemko guy (thinking he's been underrated and overhated), but I think Gormley looked great tonight. So I'm happy with the moves.

I think Tip has to give Dubnyk another game. What kind of message does it send if you don't play the guy who is winning games? Forwards and Defense watch from the press box when their game goes to hell. Why not Smith...

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Just to muddy up the Hanzal high stick goal controversy:

B2ddSbNCIAAdnu0.jpg

This angle makes it look good. Leg bent, elbows near the waist. Seems legit.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
That was the draft when Paddock decided to use Central Scoutings list because we basically had no money. For those who don't know. Central scouting is where scouts break into the business. It's the equivalent of promoting someone from your mailroom to run your purchasing department after about ten days in the business.

This sounds like it was a horrendously stupid idea.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Using scientific research..... I tell you exactly how the Coyotes ended up winning this game....

Vancouver fans were caught doing the wave just before Hanzal got his second goal on the high deflection. Everything for the Cannucks caved in after that point.

Case solved.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Using scientific research..... I tell you exactly how the Coyotes ended up winning this game....

Vancouver fans were caught doing the wave just before Hanzal got his second goal on the high deflection. Everything for the Cannucks caved in after that point.

Case solved.

About time somebody put science to good use.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hanzal and Yandle are both on pace for over 60 points, career years. Doan just shy of that pace.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Oh lawd, what did you say?

The end of it was calling him out over the UofA concussion incident. NCAA and everyone was all over the concussion protocol, and making sure players didn't have a concussion, but UofA still played their quarterback even after he was throwing up on the sidelines after taking a hit. I wasn't very nice about it to say the least.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
So does Dubnyk start on Sunday night?

He should. I don't care if you want to credit the team playing better in front of him, or you think we need to get the 6 million dollar man back on track. Winning is winning, and we need to play the guy who's winning.

Besides, the oilers usually lose when dubs is in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad