GDT: Game 17: Arizona Dreamcasts @ Vancouver Gamecubes ~ 11/14/14 8:00 p.m. MST ~ FSA Plus

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

:coyotes

0faaef2f93.jpg

@

:nucks

8cc3eb26cb.jpg

:coyotes ARIZONA DREAMCASTS :coyotes

1e21c7aa7d.jpg

25cbad33c4.jpg

:nucks VANCOUVER GAMECUBES :nucks

22dd37f986.jpg

0fced8d208.jpg

57811b90ad.jpg

This thread is...

77f688c62a.jpg

Hajime Satomi approved!

If we lose, I'm blaming moosemeister.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
lolwut, I ****ing love this thread. So much nostalgia for the year 2000. Had most of these Dreamcast games too.

brb Sonic Adventure, the last good Sonic game
brb Crazy Taxi, had the GOAT soundtrack with All I Want by the Offspring in it
brb Jet Grind Radio, noted sick skating game and predecessor to the even more badass Jet Set Radio Future
brb Powerstone, probly the most underrated fighting game of the era
brb Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, the GOAT fighting game

The Dreamcast was so damn underrated. If Sega wouldn't have botched everything so badly with the Saturn, they might have been able to stay alive since the Dreamcast was so sick.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Didn't have Shenmue or House of the Dead, but those were pretty good games. I did have Super Smash Melee and Super Mario Sunshine for GC. Those two games were pretty legit too. Didn't have any of those other GC games though.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Oh man that is such a good GDT. Nostalgia everywhere.

5-0 Vancouver. Totally serious prediction.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Rested Vancouver vs tired bottom 3 Coyotes. Exciting...

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
"Vrbata's departure from Arizona was frustrating for the 33-year-old Czech wing because he wanted to stay. Vrbata would not discuss specifics of the negotiations, but it is believed he would have stayed with the Coyotes if he could have landed a four-year deal without a raise -- at the same average annual salary of $3 million."

If this is true, just wanted years and not more $$$, hard to believe didn't sign him. :shakehead

http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/story/vrbata-flourishing-in-vancouver-with-sedins-111314

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
"Vrbata's departure from Arizona was frustrating for the 33-year-old Czech wing because he wanted to stay. Vrbata would not discuss specifics of the negotiations, but it is believed he would have stayed with the Coyotes if he could have landed a four-year deal without a raise -- at the same average annual salary of $3 million."

If this is true, just wanted years and not more $$$, hard to believe didn't sign him. :shakehead

http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/story/vrbata-flourishing-in-vancouver-with-sedins-111314

The bright side is that in letting Vrby go we were able to re-sign Moss!

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
GMDM should be fired for ****ing up the Vrbata situation alone. So frustrating. It's funny at times some have said he seems passive and like he's not on top of things. Seems there was truth to it.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
NHL Public Relations ‏@PR_NHL 3m3 minutes ago

THIS DAY IN 1995: Rookie Shane Doan scored his 1st NHL goal (3rd per.), then added OT winner in Jets 6-5 win over CHI

The Grocery Stick

AZDomiNation
Oct 30, 2014
ID
Korpi + Crombeen = $3mil+ and I sure would prefer Vrby over those two. Gags is $3.2 mil and though I still like that pick up, if I had to choose, I would choose Vrby every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I want to give GMDM the benefit of the doubt and blame these woes on finances but hard to argue not resigning Vrbata to be anything other than an epic fail. Throw in the Ribeiro failure, the Smitty overpay, the failure to fix the "mix"...sad to say it but...GMDM may be losing his mojo.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Well the sales really dropped off before dreamcast was even released on 9/9/99. pretty much because the Sega Saturn was awful. Dreamcast was one of the most current game systems but Sega messed up and released prematurely without any developer support. That and PS2 and XBOX were good competition.

Haha now Sonic lives on through Nintendo.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Well the sales really dropped off before dreamcast was even released on 9/9/99. pretty much because the Sega Saturn was awful. Dreamcast was one of the most current game systems but Sega messed up and released prematurely without any developer support. That and PS2 and XBOX were good competition.

Haha now Sonic lives on through Nintendo.

And despite their exit of the console market they've recovered very well. They were the #3 games-only videogame company in the world in terms of revenue for the year 2013 (behind Electronic Arts and Activision-Blizzard). Of course, the top three overall are Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo, the three players still in the hardware market.

(source)

(Sega's dip in form and fantastic recovery to become a top player is my attempt at using an optimistic metaphor for my hopes for the Coyotes - it looks bad right now, but if we have the same pattern of Sega, we'll be great in the future)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad