BRUINS GDT GAME 17 7:08 PM - THE BEAR goes swimming in Tampa Bay - NESN, ESPN+, TVAS (French), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Yes, you can't be too one dimensional in this league. Too much of the same thing. You need a mix of finesse/skill/brute force. We're lacking in "nasty attitude" types who can lay people out. Tonight showed it in that Swayman should sue for non-support. He was a one man show. I saw way too much of that in the (1980s) for my taste. Pete Peeters is one example. Stood on his head game in & game out.

Agree with this. I think if Frederic was who we wanted him to be in the “toughness” department it would go a long way. But he is who he is.

I’d almost want to look at moving debrusk (if he isn’t in the long term plans) for a guy who maybe won’t score as much but will bring a different dynamic to the top 9.

Reactions: Gordoff

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
No it isn't all good. They go into the playoffs this soft they get bounced in the first round again. When are people going to learn that playing like the NHL is a no contact league may work in November but it never works in April or May.
Yea what do you suggest then because Bruins have no cap space and can't afford to trade any more picks .People should try enjoying the effort this team puts in and be happy your watching winning hockey most nights.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
This is why I don’t gamble - I would hate to lose a bet on a game because of refs that looked like were as reputable as East German judges
love your angles brimming with optimism on our current roster and record but man...we just got Toronto'd..again.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
As are the hooks on Marchand and Pasta when they had clean scoring chances, but they chose not to call those.

The officiating in this league is arbitrary, inconsistent and generally terrible.
This was outrageous- matching aside which actually was a joke I think Tampa had 4 or 5 in a row with questionable calls and missed obvious on Tampa

Yah I’m complaining about ref - save the reply to me because I’ll tell you to get F yourself

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Slow it down? He tries to compete by being as fast as teams like Tampa. By the end of his time here, Cassidy had their number but Monty seems to go on tilt when the going really gets tough. JMO
Yes slow it down..... Agreed, I do not think he knows another way. Have the d wait to get balance when they can , work in a little board play and do some dump and chase here and there. Faster and faster while in a 2-1-2 or a 1-3-1 does not work against some teams. Marchand and some of the d tried to do it at least. You should not try and out pace a team like this....

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Lohrei desperately needs to go back to Providence. Zacha needs to figure out if he can play in his own zone when it matters cuz if not we shouldn’t have him out there. Yuck. McAvoy was pretty horrible too. Bad game overall. Didn’t like anyone’s game but Hampus Lindholm and JVR.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This was outrageous- matching aside which actually was a joke I think Tampa had 4 or 5 in a row with questionable calls and missed obvious on Tampa

Yah I’m complaining about ref - save the reply to me because I’ll tell you to get F yourself

If you asked me in 1993 if I’d ever long for the days of Don Koharski or Paul DevorskI, I’d have had you committed…..but here we are.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Lohrei desperately needs to go back to Providence. Zacha needs to figure out if he can play in his own zone when it matters cuz if not we shouldn’t have him out there. Yuck. McAvoy was pretty horrible too. Bad game overall. Didn’t like anyone’s game but Hampus Lindholm and JVR.
Very much agreed about Lohrei, and I too will keep saying it...Zacha too. I did not think JVR did much, but he was decent for a player of his age with his lack of speed.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Glad my Rams beat him again yesterday.
The Rams made me $78 on a $2 bet yesterday, and I also picked them to win in my football draft. I like Stafford and the Rams and despise Pete Carroll

Aaron Donald wrecked Gino Smith and knocked him outta the game which greatly contributed to the comeback win for LA

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If you asked me in 1993 if I’d ever long for the days of Don Koharski or Paul DevorskI, I’d have had you committed…..but here we are.
Devorski refs this Bruins win 6-3. Koharski doesn’t call 3 of the 5 penalties on Boston, calls Tampa on Marchand & Pastrnak and Jeannot gets 4

Don was notorious for adding 2 on to the mouthy/tougher guy yapping to send a message so he wouldn’t have to deal with an extra 5 minutes because of a fight - he wanted to get out to eat

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
No we cant have this problem going into playoffs this isn't a 1 off. There something to this. You know something is very wrong when my wife said again?

Don I am with you that defense is chicken feed. Don’t think I can take another 1st round loss Monty blew it big time last year.

Last chance Bergeron krejci and they lose blowing a 3-1 lead.

How do we fix it

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Yes on Lohrei. He doesn’t seem to play the zone coverage in the D zone well. He seems to be lost in between chasing like man coverage and being in good position which you need for zone. I don’t know if he’s new to it. Zone is all I ever knew growing up. That was hockey. Along with a few other things. I’m old.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Don I am with you that defense is chicken feed. Don’t think I can take another 1st round loss Monty blew it big time last year.

Last chance Bergeron krejci and they lose blowing a 3-1 lead.

How do we fix it
They panic in the last minute and dont use the boards to send puck outs. They need to be better in blocking lanes and take shots on their body and sacrifice and get bruises. Gregory Campbell and ference were the best at it back in our glory days. No heart in the last frames of the game I see.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
When the BRUINS play terribly, they still, at least, get one point. That's kind of amazing. Is that sustainable over the entire season? I seriously doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad