BRUINS GDT GAME 17 7:08 PM - THE BEAR goes swimming in Tampa Bay - NESN, ESPN+, TVAS (French), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
No it isn't all good. They go into the playoffs this soft they get bounced in the first round again. When are people going to learn that playing like the NHL is a no contact league may work in November but it never works in April or May.

playoffs is an entirely different game. Other teams will target and hit Pastrnak as theyve done for years.

Reactions: GloveSave1

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Tampa came out hot just as I thought they would and Swayman held us in it. It went back and fourth after that with an edge to Tampa. A few of them struggled, but not notably Monty. He got schooled on last change almost every time and they might quite a few bad changes. He also does not know how to slow down the game. Too bad because he has the defensemen to do it for the most part.
Slow it down? He tries to compete by being as fast as teams like Tampa. By the end of his time here, Cassidy had their number but Monty seems to go on tilt when the going really gets tough. JMO

Reactions: JOKER 192

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
No it isn't all good. They go into the playoffs this soft they get bounced in the first round again. When are people going to learn that playing like the NHL is a no contact league may work in November but it never works in April or May.

The only strong teams that can play like that in the East are Florida and TB. Toronto, New Jersey, NY, Carolina and the Rangers are no more physical then Boston. In the playoffs it can come down to matchups.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Almost seems like the Bruins may need to pull a panthers and replace someone in the top 6 with someone who plays a grittier game.

Not that we have a Huberdeau to go get a Matt tkachuk (there’s not really anyone like that out there) but I don’t know if adding a couple banger 4th liners fixes the issue.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Almost seems like the Bruins may need to pull a panthers and replace someone in the top 6 with someone who plays a grittier game.

Not that we have a Huberdeau to go get a Matt tkachuk (there’s not really anyone like that out there) but I don’t know if adding a couple banger 4th liners fixes the issue.
Yes, you can't be too one dimensional in this league. Too much of the same thing. You need a mix of finesse/skill/brute force. We're lacking in "nasty attitude" types who can lay people out. Tonight showed it in that Swayman should sue for non-support. He was a one man show. I saw way too much of that in the (1980s) for my taste. Pete Peeters is one example. Stood on his head game in & game out.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

We need to upgrade on no finish Heinen to get Poitras and Debrusk going.

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Just finished watching and as always, I‘ll start with a hearty: Tuck Fampa.

With that being said, typical terrible officiating down there against the B’s.

Absolute joke tonight.

Still got a point on the road.

Not too crazy about watching a guy the size of my 10 year old niece talking trash and knocking Bruins around without taking a beating for it, but I guess that’s just how it‘s going to be from here on out.

On to Florida!

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I agree, please see my post prior... we are becoming Toronto and it infuriates me ..stats darling with no jam
Actually reminds me of the Nucks back in the day. They celebrated season titles like Cups and couldn’t see the faults in their team when it came to playoffs yet we all knew it was because they were weak physically in the top 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad