BRUINS GDT GAME 17 7:08 PM - THE BEAR goes swimming in Tampa Bay - NESN, ESPN+, TVAS (French), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1700437030868.png

Monday, November 20 (Amalie Arena, Tampa, FL)
- Morning skate, 11:30 a.m.
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following morning skate
- Game vs. Tampa Bay Lightning, 7 p.m. (TV: NESN | Radio: 98.5)
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game
- Travel to Sunrise

Tuesday, November 21 (Sunrise, FL)
- No scheduled practice or media availability

- Team outing at Deeridge Farm, Wellington, Florida

Wednesday, November 22 (Amerant Bank Arena, Sunrise, FL)
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery available to media at approximately 5:40 p.m.
- Game vs. Florida Panthers, 7 p.m. (TV: TNT | Radio: 98.5)
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game
- Travel to Boston

Thursday, November 23 (Boston, MA)
- No scheduled practice or media availability

Friday, November 24 (TD Garden, Boston, MA)
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery available to media at approximately 11:40 a.m.
- Game vs. Detroit Red Wings, 1 p.m. (TV: NESN | Radio: 98.5)
- Travel to New York

1700437062147.png

1700437099244.png
The Tampa Bay Lightning host the Boston Bruins Monday night knowing they have finally conquered one of their biggest nemeses this season -- the third period.

On Saturday afternoon, the Lightning spotted the Edmonton Oilers a 2-0 lead in the first period but rallied back, eventually winning 6-4 to break a three-game home losing streak.

In the win, coach Jon Cooper's team beat the dreaded third period, which had been an enormous hurdle to overcome, filled with blown leads that led to regulation and overtime defeats.

The Lightning scored four times in the final frame, including the last three tallies -- the equalizer from Steven Stamkos on the power play, the game-winner via Luke Glendening and empty-net insurance from Mikhail Sergachev.

"The season's still fairly new, but we've not been a great third-period team this year," Cooper said. "So for us to come out and be behind and pull it out and push the way we did, it's great for our morale."

Tampa Bay won for the first time in which it trailed entering the third period, improving to 1-5-2 in those instances.

"I think maybe earlier in the year, we might find a way to only get that to overtime or actually lose the game. I just liked the way the guys dug in," said Cooper, whose group managed to keep high-scoring Edmonton stars Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl off the scoresheet.

Nikita Kucherov filled his scoresheet with two goals and an assist. It was the 71st time the right wing has produced three points in a match, placing him third in franchise history behind Stamkos (97) and Martin St. Louis (73).

Just as they did last season when they roared through the regular season en route to winning the Presidents' Trophy, the Bruins are running roughshod from city to city in the NHL -- winning 13 times in 16 contests. Boston's lone regulation loss was 5-4 in Detroit against the improved Red Wings.

A two-game trip to the Sunshine State will provide ample opportunity for the first-place Bruins to see where they stack up against other Atlantic Division powers.

The Lightning and Bruins have met twice in the Stanley Cup conference semifinals since the 2017-18 season. Tampa Bay won the series both times.

The Florida Panthers, Boston's opponent Wednesday, shocked the Bruins as a No. 8 seed in seven games in last season's opening playoff round.

Saturday's 5-2 win over the visiting Montreal Canadiens had Boston coach Jim Montgomery in a good mood.

"I thought we played the right way for 60 minutes -- the way we want to play," said Montgomery, whose squad lost 3-2 in overtime in Montreal seven days earlier.

Trent Frederic scored a pair of goals and captain Brad Marchand recorded his 500th career assist, while goaltender Jeremy Swayman made 20 saves. Swayman hasn't lost in regulation yet (7-0-1).

Following morning skate, Montgomery and the team commented about the situation around teammate Milan Lucic, who was arrested Saturday morning after an alleged domestic violence incident.

"It's tough to see your teammates and your friends going through stuff like this and their family," Marchand said. "Yeah, definitely worried about Britt and the kids and Luc himself, but they have all the support in the world.

"Anything they need we are going to be here for them."

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Tampa 4-2. I just do not think we have the firepower to beat skilled teams on the road. Dallas was a pleasant surprise. However, it should be a good game. Perhaps our good structure and their tendency to run and gun will win the Bruins the day. Here is hoping the dads bring them some luck. Tampa will start with guns a blazin for the first half of the game. I hope the Bruins are prepared.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Tampa 4-2. I just do not think we have the firepower to beat skilled teams on the road. Dallas was a pleasant surprise. However, it should be a good game. Perhaps our good structure and their tendency to run and gun will win the Bruins the day. Here is hoping the dads bring them some luck. Tampa will start with guns a blazin for the first half of the game. I hope the Bruins are prepared.

We've played three skilled teams on the road - the Stars, Red Wings and Kings - and beaten two of them, and lost to the other by a single goal. So evidently the 'firepower' to outscore quality opponents on the road is very much there. Tampa will be a tough matchup, they always are, but the Bruins can take it to them. Still no Vasilevskiy for the Bolts, so that helps for a start. We've also beaten them 6 out of the last 7 occasions. No need to fear a trip to TB.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
We've played three skilled teams on the road - the Stars, Red Wings and Kings - and beaten two of them, and lost to the other by a single goal. So evidently the 'firepower' to outscore quality opponents on the road is very much there. Tampa will be a tough matchup, they always are, but the Bruins can take it to them. Still no Vasilevskiy for the Bolts, so that helps for a start. We've also beaten them 6 out of the last 7 occasions. No need to fear a trip to TB.
I disagree......I do not think we have much firepower and it will show on the road against better teams, especially the quicker ones like say NJ.. Btw Johansson is no Vas but he is pretty good.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Not sure, but I think this might be the first time the Bruins don't have to play against Vasilevskiy, so hopefully they can score a few goals

I correctly guessed the last two final scores for the B's @ 5-2, so why not predict 5-2 again and hope for the best

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I disagree......I do not think we have much firepower and it will show on the road against better teams, especially the quicker ones like say NJ.. Btw Johansson is no Vas but he is pretty good.

Well at this point the evidence is in my favor. Time will tell if it remains so. Four big games coming up this week, if we can walk out of them with at least 5 points I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad