BRUINS GDT GAME 17 7:08 PM - THE BEAR goes swimming in Tampa Bay - NESN, ESPN+, TVAS (French), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The outcome seemed deserved on both sides

I thought Boston, after shooting every chance they had and then some on Saturday, was the exact opposite today. They held onto pucks, made unecessary extra moves already being in a shooting position, and made extra passes. Tampa definitely did not.

Swayman was very good

The officiating, especially in period two, absolutely dreadful.

How about the dads showing zero emotion for the big goals by Boston late in this game? Get the moms out to Sunrise please

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
They panic in the last minute and dont use the boards to send puck outs. They need to be better in blocking lanes and take shots on their body and sacrifice and get bruises. Gregory Campbell and ference were the best at it back in our glory days. No heart in the last frames of the game I see.
If Marchand makes an easy dump in instead of trying to make a pass across the ice that gets picked off,Tampa wouldn’t have had time to tie it up ,such a stupid play ,not sure what he was thinking,probably thinking setting up an empty netter.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Lohrei desperately needs to go back to Providence. Zacha needs to figure out if he can play in his own zone when it matters cuz if not we shouldn’t have him out there. Yuck. McAvoy was pretty horrible too. Bad game overall. Didn’t like anyone’s game but Hampus Lindholm and JVR.
JVR’s intelligence has been a big surprise for me . If he can get his hands on the puck (and that’s not easy for him to do ) he usually makes an intelligent play . He’s very heads up .

Was Shattenkirk a healthy scratch tonight?

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I've reached my dislike trifecta. I dislike the Lightning more than I do Montreal. I dislike the state they play in and I dislike these f'ing refs.
Hopefully, the BRUINS will take care of Tampa. Climate change should take care of Florida and here's hoping both refs suffer from severe diarrhea right after the game.
Unfortunately, the BRUINS didn't take care of Tampa, but climate change and diarrhea are still in the game.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Absolutely brutal, 4 seconds left.... not sure what's up with them blowing games lately

That was a fun game to watch though. I loved when Mac cleaned out Jeannot, that guy is a clown. I agree with whoever mentioned that replacing someone in their top 6 with a grittier player is more needed than 4th line bangers. Rough game from Lohrei, but i'm finding these games very entertaining this year. Low expectations, not getting overly optimistic no matter what that record says.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
If one wants to follow a league where the ugly teams really outnumber the good ones, check out the NFL.

Absolutely brutal, 4 seconds left.... not sure what's up with them blowing games lately

That was a fun game to watch though. I loved when Mac cleaned out Jeannot, that guy is a clown. I agree with whoever mentioned that replacing someone in their top 6 with a grittier player is more needed than 4th line bangers. Rough game from Lohrei, but i'm finding these games very entertaining this year. Low expectations, not getting overly optimistic no matter what that record says.
When you're right, Ricky, you're really right.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
While Ian Mitchell played a decent game tonight, going forward I'd prefer to have Kevin Shattenkirk in the lineup over him.

Bruins Points % with each player:
Mitchell = .750 (5-1-2)
Shattenkirk = .893 (12-1-1)

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
1. They are good not great
2. They should be 17-0
3. The refs would be good in nba
4. This and Anaheim they gave up extra attacker goals because they seemed focused on empty net than getting out of zone
So true. It was Zacha not getting it out in both games. A easy get out also

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
5 on 5, this game seemed like a close one that could have gone either way. Would have liked to see more of that.... Overall, the score is probably reflective of the performance. That was two points given away.... A desperate team would have secured those two points. My only gripe.

Sometimes I wondered if this team has suffered enough losses to truly come together when it matters.

Reactions: Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I don't really think they "blew it" as some say. More a case of a little bad luck. They had to pull off a lot of PK time and pressure and Tampa can still put together a formidable top unit so it's just down to a bounce here or there.
Overall we played reasonably well but not quite as good as them imo. We struggled with their big heavy line even though the team, as whole answered fairly well.
Some similarities to how we lost in the playoffs to that other Florida team.

Reactions: The don godfather

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
As a Tampa resident I hated this.

But overall big time nothing burger of a loss. Boston needs to be better, Tampa always plays the B’s tough, refs were a challenge, and we had some youthful growing pains.

Still got a point.

bolts have a lot of warts this year turnover machine in the neutral zone but still have the fire power

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad