Post-Game Talk: Game 16 - Wake up call - B's now 2-2-2 in Atlantic - Detroit 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
As of last week he was #1 in the NHL for zone exits. His stats for transition are in the top 5 in the league. Hes one of those "You miss him tons when he is not there" players.
Enough with these stats
Gryz would be great if you didn’t have Krug and Clifton
But all three no thanks
I’ll take two guys who can take and give out a few hits and #1 kill some penalties

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Just for the record, in the cold light of day, that game was pure ass and I wish I hadn't wasted 3 hours of my evening sighing, shaking my head, and yelling at the TV. At the same time, I could feel this one coming. Three games now have not been good, but these stretches happen. And yes, unless Kampfer got banged up (I remember his played that 4th line's first shift in period one and don't recall seeing him after that) not playing him was criminal.
Cassidy is starting to get known as a good coach , but seems to have a bottom well of "WTF were you thinking" moves and he every now and them pulls them out of his ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I agree it was an awful game by the Bruins and they took this one lightly. Detroit gets the boost of a new player joining the team and he plays really well, giving the hope to the team that this will make a difference. Classic trap. I expected to see a fired up team after the Habs debacle so that really disappointed me that they came out so lackadaisical. I hope they are ready for tomorrow.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Enough with these stats
Gryz would be great if you didn’t have Krug and Clifton
But all three no thanks
I’ll take two guys who can take and give out a few hits and #1 kill some penalties

So is that it? He doesn't hit? Because he is a good PK defender and what those stats show (and the eye test) is that the guy is better than anyone else on the team at getting the puck safely out of his own zone. Not to mention he was the only d man last night that was even marginally successful at creating some offense. I would like him to get his shots on net a bit more consistently, though.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
So is that it? He doesn't hit? Because he is a good PK defender and what those stats show (and the eye test) is that the guy is better than anyone else on the team at getting the puck safely out of his own zone. Not to mention he was the only d man last night that was even marginally successful at creating some offense. I would like him to get his shots on net a bit more consistently, though.

Didn't you know that his count as goals now? I'll never get the obsession have with the hits stat.

Reactions: Dr Hook

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Such a frustrating game.
Like Pasta trying to land a big open ice hit. Like seeing Senyshyn out there even if it was just limited minutes. Nobody really stood out as brutal but just nothing worked. The defence just looked so out of sync last night while the forwards seemed to have no intensity.
Detroit is a bad team this year and they played down to their level. That was the most forgettable game The Bruins have played in a long time.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Games like this WILL happen this year. What's important is that they need to shake it the f*** off and take all their frustration out on the next team they face. Period.

Gotta get that losing streak broke.

Reactions: FONZIE

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Games like this WILL happen this year. What's important is that they need to shake it the **** off and take all their frustration out on the next team they face. Period.

Gotta get that losing streak broke.
Yep ,I’m still stuck on game seven, this is like a big exhibition season,when does the playoffs start.Lol

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Selfishly, I’m liking this two in a row loss against subpar teams set-up prior to my first game in attendance tomorrow.

Should be plenty of motivation to get back on track tomorrow. Another team that is very capable of defeat. Make it count this time.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
By not using Kampfer as an emergency forward and instead double shifting / rotating different forwards, Cassidy messed with the chemistry that the Coyle line had shown in the Habs game.

If you were not going to use the extra player dressed, I would have like to see a dash of the old 1960’s where only 16 skaters dressed with the two extra forwards primarily used as penalty killers.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
They haven't looked great for a few games now, but I'm not worried yet. 82 game season, bound to be a cold stretch here and there. I do have to question Cassidy a bit. I don't like the look of dressing someone and not playing them.

Kampfer is still on the team today, so I don't think there was a disciplinary thing happening. The rest of the team played like crap, why would you healthy scratch a dressed player like that? If he got hurt in warmups, why would he be out on the bench the whole time? And knowing you are playing with a short bench for the entire 60, why play Senyshyn only 8 minutes on top of that? I didn't see the first or second, but the bit of the third I saw he didn't look like he was hurting the team at all out there. I don't really see it as fair to knock a rookie for bad plays, when the rest of the team seems to have laid a few eggs out on the ice as well.

I really like Cassidy. I like his uptempo scheme and I think he's a great interview. This is the most egregious example, and I can't remember any other specifics, but there have been a few head scratching decisions sprinkled in there. Nothing to really knock him down in my view, just something to remember going forward I guess.

Reactions: Estlin

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Butch doesn’t owe anyone any explanation for the decision with Kampfer. I think he had a game plan going into the game to possibly use him as a 7th dman if the pairings weren’t working as he envisioned. Or he possibly thought one of the guys was banged up(Charlie) and wouldn’t be able to play the minutes they ended up playing.

The team came out flat and he probably figured Kampfer wasn’t what the team needed to get it going and changed his original game plan.

It’s too bad for Kampfer but I’m sure he’s okay with it, he seems to have accepted his role on the team.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
Ya, I get that. Can't really disagree with any of it, especially Kampfer not being what the team would need to get them out of the funk. I'll write it off, it was a crap game all around. On to the next one.

Reactions: The National

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Gryz possession time, skate down the left side to the oppositions corner then chase the play back
Like I said I would take Gryz any day if you didn’t have Krug

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad