Post-Game Talk: Game 16 - Wake up call - B's now 2-2-2 in Atlantic - Detroit 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-11-8_22-25-10.png

upload_2019-11-8_22-25-47.png

upload_2019-11-8_22-26-17.png

:bruins:wings

Game Summary

Event Summary

Play by Play

Faceoff Summary

Faceoff Comparison

TOI Bruins

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
A game of hot potato with a flaming hot potato is a summary of tonight's game from the Bruins' perspective.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
Crappy stinker. Whatever. No one will remember this when the playoffs start many months from now. I expect an angry team against Philly Sunday.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I went to the gym after work and only got home in time to watch the last 3 minutes. Seems I didn't miss much.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Fire CASSIDY!

I’ve been saying it since game 7 :sarcasm:

More seriously though Cassidy does seem to have some uhhhhh whattaido moments in games, especially late in games they’re behind in, the team on ice has a gripping the stick too tight and falling on their ass way about them in correlation

Which is made all the more puzzling by the fact they also can be a strong come back team, but the problem seems to be that when they lose, it’s obvious they’re headed that way leading up to it and you’ve gotta think the opposition can feel that too

Never bought all the over hype on him. He will be a solid top dee but not the offensive Krug replacement some here think.

To be fair, Krug went super cold in that arena for awhile after his rookie year as well. And Chuck was never a goal scorer type defensemen where as krug was launching rockets up the kings ass in his first playoff action

mcAvoy on the other hand gives you a different game, and more goals will come, I’d rather continue seeing him dominate possession and make plays In the meantime

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
First line didn't look great. Second line had it's moments and got a goal. Would like to see those three get some games together and develop chemistry since they showed signs of being dangerous tonight, but doubt it will happen since Bruce doesn't believe in chemistry with the bottom 9. Really want to hear why Bruce dressed a guy yet didn't play him. D-men need to start contributing offensively. Cannot live or die with one line every damn game. No Cup again if this team stays a one line team.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Waiting to hear Cassidy's post game and see who he throws under the bus

All Cehlarik.

Cehlarik needs to be the best player on the ice or else....

I did like his play / nice set up on Krejci goal. For the most part he was far more aggressive on the puck that normal.

The first line struggled against Mantha/Bertuzzi line.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Bruce had a rough night as well. This was the worst top to bottom game for the Bruins...probably since the last Wings game in late March.

I understand not getting all fired up for that bland lottery team, but they needed to take care of business.

The team also needs to get healthy. Some of these guys need to be pushed for their jobs,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad