Post-Game Talk: Game 16 - Wake up call - B's now 2-2-2 in Atlantic - Detroit 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Lol my theory is Kampfer lead the charge to the ripper buffet and Cassidy found out

haha, could be but I always felt that Butch liked Kampfer and seemed comfortable putting him in there prior to last night. Not that he`s a guy who can log 20 minutes and goes out vs an opponents top 6 but in all honesty, I`ve had little issues with him in the lineup when called upon

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Did he address dressing Kampfer and not playing him. Playing a man down the entire game by choice is one of the most head scratching moves I’ve seen from a NHL coach.
I thought that was so disrespectful to Steve K. He has been a pretty good soldier for the B's. I don't understand WHY the coach (who I like) would do that to a player.

I hope the B's rest up . I am going Sunday vs the stinking flyers...I hope the B's show up. It seems like someone always gets hurt when we play the flyers. Can we sign Quaider for this game ?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
If you're going to lose a few games here and there... bottom feeders are the way to go.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Wow, B's lose a couple 1 goal games while playing like crap and people here are losing their minds. Teams have bad games, it happens. Does it suck losing time DET? Sure, but it's a good kick in the ass to the team and even the fans.

I say "even fans" because there were so many cocky fans between social media and here basically acting like this was a gimmie game and we'd blown them out.
I hate when our fans are overconfident. what is bad is the B's were not on their game ...at all.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cassidy has been great BUT

hated not playing Kampher

1. Successful people follow tried and true routines and Cassidy decision needlessly went against this

You are the best team in the league playing arguably the worst in November with an older core who played till mid June and you are double-shifting

really Bruce ????

kampher I believe is from the area and he has balls, good hockey sense, and a plus skater

it’s not likely they are asking Bergeron to play D

outrageous decision

Perfect time in a long season to have some fun and make a joke to team that ‘Steve’s playing forward- let’s not let him show you guys up.’

the loss is meh, the decision not to play Kampher and tax his other players is absurd

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

1. Successful people follow tried and true routines and Cassidy decision needlessly went against this

You are the best team in the league playing arguably the worst in November with an older core who played till mid June and you are double-shifting

really Bruce ????

kampher I believe is from the area and he has balls, good hockey sense, and a plus skater

outrageous decision

Perfect time in a long season to have some fun and make a joke to team that ‘Steve’s playing forward- let’s not let him show you guys up.’

the loss is meh, the decision not to play Kampher and tax his other players is absurd

Agreed. There isn’t another coach I’d rather have but that does not mean he’s immune from criticism when he does something utterly baffling like this

Reactions: BMC

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Well, we did miss DeBrusk and Nordstrom. And Richie, Backus, Lindholm...eh, not so much. What we did miss is a better effort from the kids.
Think Boston is in trouble if they ever need their kids to drive a line.
They’re ok to good support players. Not exactly line drivers

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Think Boston is in trouble if they ever need their kids to drive a line.
They’re ok to good support players. Not exactly line drivers
When the top line is not playing like the top line, you need others to step up and provide some offense. The Bjork example where he circled the net and made a blind pass is one such instance where talent should prevail.

Peter Cehlarik did make a nice feed to Krejci but that was the extent of the younger guys contribution.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
When the top line is not playing like the top line, you need others to step up and provide some offense. The Bjork example where he circled the net and made a blind pass is one such instance where talent should prevail.

Peter Cehlarik did make a nice feed to Krejci but that was the extent of the younger guys contribution.
I think they have to keep playing these kids ,because I can’t see much help coming via trades ,I would still like to know who is the eventual replacements for Bergy and Krejci,is their really anyone in their system?

Reactions: Ratty and BMC

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

really Bruce ????

outrageous decision

Great post !

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Top line had some good scoring chances ,they just couldn’t capitalize, and yes they live and die with that line.
For the bulk of the scorinng yes. But the Bruins bottom 9 defend and play harder than any bottom 9 in the league.

They are also top 3..... in D 1 thru 6.

Oilers "live and die" with one line for years. Mostly die.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
On a side note - I’m not a fan of pulling the goalie with 2 min left in a one goal game.

There has to be some research on how long it takes for the next goal to be scored 6on5 either way. Would love to see it because from here 2min seems waaay to soon.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

really Bruce ????

outrageous decision

:thumbu: Hire this poster.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Just for the record, in the cold light of day, that game was pure ass and I wish I hadn't wasted 3 hours of my evening sighing, shaking my head, and yelling at the TV. At the same time, I could feel this one coming. Three games now have not been good, but these stretches happen. And yes, unless Kampfer got banged up (I remember his played that 4th line's first shift in period one and don't recall seeing him after that) not playing him was criminal.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I think they have to keep playing these kids ,because I can’t see much help coming via trades ,I would still like to know who is the eventual replacements for Bergy and Krejci,is their really anyone in their system?
You cant and wont replace Bergie.

Kretchi will be tough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad