GDT: Game 16: vs New Jersey Devils | 11/12/15 |7:30 PM - CSN-CH | Toews vs Henrique Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
This WILL happen:

Kane will cool off.

Panarin will hit the wall at some point of the season.

Crow will remain inconsistent.

WHAT will happen when those guarantees happen? Others will step up to "maintain" the team's current level of play...or it will be a long 82 games.

With Crow, it's really not how many, i.e. good save %, it's the how and when he lets in goals that hurts.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ and it starts between the pipes. 3 softies will never cut it in this league.

And the refusal to shoot the puck to the net has become laughable.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
/\ and it starts between the pipes. 3 softies will never cut it in this league.

And the refusal to shoot the puck to the net has become laughable.

Hawks offensive production in losses

2 goals vs NYR
0 goals vs Phi
1 goal vs Was
1 goal vs Jets
2 goals vs Devils (x2)

Not gonna cut it ,, Outside of Wild and Blues games the Hawks offense has been MIA in losses

Add in the 1-0 miracle wins (Big part was play of Crawford) and its clear the #1 issue of this team is scoring right now

Crawford is struggling recently but for year overall he has been fine to great most nights

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Do I really even need to explain it? Saying "we're not watching a playoff team" in November is hilariously pointless, especially when the odds of them making the playoffs are still extremely high. Get a grip, people.

Yes, yes you do.

You decide to state that someone's opinion was dumb.

Back it up.

The Hawks have 1 line that is scoring. 1. That's it. They haven't won on the road. Goaltending has been wretched for 3 of the last 4 games. Its, as is the case with Crawford, wildly inconsistent. They haven't figured out a solution for LW on the first line and it's showing. Defense, as a unit has been dreadful. 2 will be back but will that change the entire team? ONE line - really, one player (well one and a half) has been scoring.

Toews has 5 total goals. 2 came in OT. That's 3 goals through 16 games in real hockey. He hasn't scored a goal in what, two weeks?

Hossa has 1 goal through 13 games.

The 4th line has been terrible with Desi and Krueger with zero points. Not to mention their +/-. If they aren't going to contribute a goal here or there, they need to be the shutdown line as they were in the playoffs. They aren't.

It's very simple - the Hawks, as a result of the salary cap, lost a lot of talent. That talent has been replaced with lesser talent. In some instances, we are seeing AHL players (Svedberg) and an absolute waste of space (Daley). Add injuries to that reality, as well as core players not contributing as they have in prior seasons (Hossa, Toews, Krueger) and we see what we see.

Add to that playing in the hardest division in sports. The Hawks, as of today, are not in the playoffs. Anaheim, who everyone had winning the West, started horrifically and still can't score goals. Yet they are creeping up only 4 points behind the Hawks.

The Hawks have left at least 4-6 points on the ice this season (NJ, STL, etc). In this division, those points will be critical, especially in games against the division.

But sure, many will do the 'hey, it's the Hawks - they have the core. They'll flip a switch. They always do'.

Not sure that applies this season with an entirely different roster with many rookies, AHL'ers and cast off bums.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I try to be easy on Crow. When the team collectively plays like crap, he gets the brunt of the blame.

However, each and every goal tonight could have been stopped. And if he let in only one or two I may just shrug it off, but giving up three easy goals isn't good enough. Plain and simple.

Mashinter drawing into the lineup was also a mistake. He doesn't have a future on this team. Once we have a healthy roster, he's going to Rockford.

Tikhonov on the other hand, is a lock for this season and would be better off being given more minutes in hopes of him settling in.

Speaking of new guys, Dano had his best game as a Hawk. He might not have gotten on the board at all, but the effort and skill was there tonight. Might be time to reunite him with Toews and Hoss.

Schneider made saves. Crawford didn't. Very simple.

NJ had 6 total shots in the 2nd. At one point, they had 5 shots. 2 of which ended up in the back of the net.

That is unforgivable.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
You might have some of the worst insight i've ever seen. I really like Gustafsson and he deserves to stay but you need to quit just reading stats and actually watch the game. There is absolutely no reason to send TVR down. Svedberg, yes. That second goal was on him. How the hell are you going to ****ing coast on an odd man break in?

TVR over Gustaffson makes plenty of sense. Svedberg is a different story.

TVR had a rough night. Made one very nice clear on a PK, but I counted at least 4 turnovers in the zone which led to extended NJ pressure.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Goal point brought up by Backyard is clearly a problem

Hawks 2nd line

Kane = 11 goals
Anisimov = 6 goals
Panarin = 5 goals

Rest of the Hawks forwards

Toews = 5 goals in 16 games
Teravainen = 4 goals in 15 games
Shaw = 1 goal in 16 games
Hossa = 1 goal in 13 games
Kero = 1 goal in 7 games
Dano = 1 goal in 5 games
Desjardins = no goals in 16 games
Kruger = no goals in 16 games
Garbutt = no goals in 13 games
Tikhonov = no goals in 10 games
Bickell = no goals in 7 games
Hinostroza = no goals in 4 games
Hartman = no goals in 3 games
Baun = no goals in 2 games
Mashinger = no goal in 1 game

Last edited:

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Let's not let the PP off the hook. 1/5, but the one coming on a 5-3. If you have a 5-3 for two minutes, you should score 99% of the time.

Daley on the power play, like Daley on everything, is abysmal. His zone entries are horrific. I surely hope he moves to the pines on the PP unit when Duncs is back.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Hawks 2nd line

Kane = 11 goals
Anisimov = 6 goals
Panarin = 5 goals

Rest of the Hawks forwards

Toews = 5 goals in 16 games
Teravainen = 5 goals in 15 games
Shaw = 1 goal in 16 games
Hossa = 1 goal in 13 games
Kero = 1 goal in 7 games
Dano = 1 goal in 5 games
Desjardins = no goals in 16 games
Kruger = no goals in 16 games
Garbutt = no goals in 13 games
Tikhonov = no goals in 10 games
Bickell = no goals in 7 games
Hinostroza = no goals in 4 games
Hartman = no goals in 3 games
Baun = no goals in 2 games
Mashinger = no goal in 1 game

Actually, I think Teuvo has 4 goals, not 5.

As for Toews, 2 of those goals were in 3:3. In 'real' hockey, he has 3.

Shaw's goal was a penalty shot.

So, if we talk about 'real hockey' - regulation time, every other forward besides the second line, has 11 total goals through 16 games. That's awful.

It's very simple. This team lost a lot of talent and it's been replaced by much lesser - more importantly, unproven - talent. And it's showing.

Would anyone honestly have been excited last year to think that Trevor Daley and Ryan Garbutt were everyday players on the Chicago Blackhawks?

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
tried to upload a tweet, but couldn't get it to work.. here it is

@TraMyersCSN "Q: "All three goals tonight nothing plays, nothing dangerous about them at all. [They] end up in our net." #Blackhawks"

also, those goals are more than just evening up the score. Its deflating. Brings down momentum.

I wonder how long it will take Q to give Darling more than a sniff at the nets? He needs to put him in now and give him the same length f**** leash he gives our 6 million dollar man.

The team in front of CC wasn't great but that was a gifted win.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Darling hasn't been that good this year either with poor camp/preseason and start to year and his rebound control has been absolutely terrible when he has played

Not sure how he is supposedly going to change things behind same team that is playing so poorly

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I try to be easy on Crow. When the team collectively plays like crap, he gets the brunt of the blame.

However, each and every goal tonight could have been stopped. And if he let in only one or two I may just shrug it off, but giving up three easy goals isn't good enough. Plain and simple.

Mashinter drawing into the lineup was also a mistake. He doesn't have a future on this team. Once we have a healthy roster, he's going to Rockford.

Tikhonov on the other hand, is a lock for this season and would be better off being given more minutes in hopes of him settling in

Speaking of new guys, Dano had his best game as a Hawk. He might not have gotten on the board at all, but the effort and skill was there tonight. Might be time to reunite him with Toews and Hoss.

I agree with most of the above except the bolded. Mash didn't get enough ice time to say much about him but to say Tiko "is a lock":amazed:. Based on what exactly? That he's Russian? That he has experience? He has done nothing to make him anywhere close to a "lock".

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Darling hasn't been that good this year either with poor camp/preseason and start to year and his rebound control has been absolutely terrible when he has played

Not sure how he is supposedly going to change things behind same team that is playing so poorly

There's one way to find out. I think it is quite obvious that Hawks are going to need more than what Crawford has given. The number of bad goals he has let in keep piling up.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Pretty good game overall, a couple bad GA for Crawford was the difference. Wouldn't mind Darling taking a few starts here to give this team a gut check, but I don't have much confidence in him at this point either.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I agree with most of the above except the bolded. Mash didn't get enough ice time to say much about him but to say Tiko "is a lock":amazed:. Based on what exactly? That he's Russian? That he has experience? He has done nothing to make him anywhere close to a "lock".

Tik is a lock, and this may sound pretty bad, because he helps Panarin so much. Do we really want to go and screw with Panarin's best friend? It's hard enough going into a new country when you don't know a lick of the language. Don't need to make it any worse.

Also, Tik has impressed me at times this year. Outside of Dano and Panarin (who should remain on the 2nd line), Tik has done the best (IMO) with Toews and Hossa. Unfortunately for him, we have a lot of great players and it's hard to keep a stable position on this team.

He's definitely a better player than Mashinter.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
We got rid of Hossas best friend, I don't think Tikhonov being Panarins best friend matters much past this year. Couldn't care less if he was sent packing at anytime.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
We got rid of Hossas best friend, I don't think Tikhonov being Panarins best friend matters much past this year. Couldn't care less if he was sent packing at anytime.

Nobody was talking about next year, they were talking about simply not waiving him this season.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

But Hossa had been in the league for years at that time, and was fluent in English. Panarin, on the other hand, is experiencing his first season outside Russia and only knows a handful of words from the English language.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Nobody was talking about next year, they were talking about simply not waiving him this season.

But Hossa had been in the league for years at that time, and was fluent in English. Panarin, on the other hand, is experiencing his first season outside Russia and only knows a handful of words from the English language.

We have Anisimov. We don't need another Russian for Panarin. being best friends shouldn't matter one bit.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
We have Anisimov. We don't need another Russian for Panarin. being best friends shouldn't matter one bit.

Being friends is helping Panarin adjust. It totally matters.

And it's not like Tik has a huge contract or is a bad player. He's just over $1m this year, and would be a fine player in our bottom six (better than Mashinter anyways).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad