GDT: Game 16: vs New Jersey Devils | 11/12/15 |7:30 PM - CSN-CH | Toews vs Henrique Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
Mirror image of the 2011 Hawks.

When you lose to the Devils twice in less than a week you are not very good. keith will help but he won't make us a good team all of a sudden.

Far from being as bad as the 2011 team but still not a great team overall. It'll be another year or two before they can piece together a contending roster under the cap again though.

The difference is that the 2011 team was full of plugs. This team just needs one more reasonably good defenseman and a goalie who isn't so streaky and overpaid.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Sorry but scoring 2 goals and leaving Devils alone in front of net all night is not what one would call "Well enough to win"

Hawks looked terrible outside Kane/Panarin

What game were you watching? Panarin was terrible outside of the one great shot he had.

Hossa and Kane and possibly Dano were the only two guys who really looked good in the offensive end (Hossa moreso in the first two periods). The 4th line had possession but didn't create a tone of true chances. Toews was bad, Anisimov was meh, Panarin bad, and the 3rd line looked completely out of whack as Kero was pretty bad. And Shaw? He is a ****ing zero out there.

Sved and Daley were ****ing brutal out there, but the defensemen played alright. On the offensive end 3-4 played better than 70 percent of our forwards.

Just a **** show out there.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
We control the play in many games for long stretches and get nothing then the other team gets one chance and its in the back of the net. The Hawks look pretty passing it around and wtick handling but time after time fail to finish.

Saying that I do put this loss on CrwFord. That horrible first goal by NJ changed the entire game

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
Crawford was definitely the weak link tonight. The Hawks controlled the entire game. The Devils had very few good chances, and capitalized on almost all of them. He fell asleep on the first one, and then gave up 2 awful rebounds on the other 2.

Svedberg is terrible, too. Toews needs to stop being a black hole offensively.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
We control the play in many games for long stretches and get nothing then the other team gets one chance and its in the back of the net. The Hawks look pretty passing it around and wtick handling but time after time fail to finish.

Saying that I do put this loss on CrwFord. That horrible first goal by NJ changed the entire game

Pretty much sums it up.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Actually it is enough to win. Crawford is the reason we lost he let in 3 goals that all should have been saved. So yes they played well enough to win.

Kane/Panarin were the only ones that played well? Keep knowing nothing about what you are watching because there were quite a few more players that what you mentioned played well.

Kane can't take that penalty. I usually like to put those goals on the players that led to the situation. But yeah, Crawford can't give up that rebound.

As far as threats go, Kane, Hossa, and Dano were the only ones I consistently saw doing much of anything. Panarin, by his standards, was ****ing terrible. He made bad pass after bad pass and was consistently making the wrong play. He still plays hards and fights along the boards so he wasn't completely useless overall. Offensively he had ONE shot, but wasn't much help the rest of the time.

The 4th line played a good possession game and had some great shifts. But there weren't too many times where they threatened to score (not that it's their primary objective).

Penalties, timely bad defense, Crawford, and bad offense were why we lost tonight. The difference is the Devils don't beat themselves.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I agree about the penalty but that **** happens.

Crawford just kills momentum of late and that is a huge issue. It is almost like he loses focus when we score. It is not acceptable and is completely deflating.

Nov 9, 2014
Some thoughts:

- I don't understand how Andrew Shaw gets the 1LW start, 1 PP unit and is the sixth man out there at the end of the game.

- The fourth line looked good today without Shaw (even though Mashinter hardly played)

- Starting to worry about Hossa. He still has some jump to this step but he can't finish any chances. I also don't understand him being at the point on the 1PP.

- Gustafsson looks outstanding. Hawks need to find a way to keep him with the big club.

BigClemMacdonald

Dec 11, 2011
Line 1 scoring goals?

What Hawks are you watching?

Line 1 is MIA most nights

Yea, that's why I said especially line 2.

You think I don't notice that line 1 doesn't do anything?

The team is not deep at all. Handful of players that likely won't crack 10 points.

Other teams have goalies that steal games. The Hawks don't. Yeaaaaaaa I know (3 cups though mannnnn) but those cup winning teams all had depth up front and on D. Don't have that luxury this year

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
I hope Keith plays on Saturday. This team needs him in the worst way.

They currently only have two experienced defensemen in their Top 6. (I guess Daley also has NHL experience, but he's terrible. So the Blackhawks only have two experienced defensemen in their lineup who are decent).

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well of course you can blame CC for the first 2 goals NJ scored...an NHL calibre goalie should not have let those pucks in..The GWG they scored to win it was off a faceoff and poor coverage by our PK guys after the face-off loss. So on that blame our Pkers as much as CC for the resulting goal...But the first 2 of their goals he saw clearly and simply failed on the first and fumbled and kicked a rebound right to the shooter on 5he 2nd and so he FAIL big time on what should have been routine stops by most goalies...

Overall...the same script..we only get 2 goals ...both by 2nd liners again and Nada from line #1 personnel or from.lines #3 and#4...Toews gets an assist o tge Kane 5x3 goal but Zero on 5x5 ...and Zero for Hossa on 5he 5x5..S9 line #1 fails ...and gain. .Kruger and Desjardins again nothing and again add another -1 to their impressive negative totals. .So line #4 Fails ...and gain gain. ..And of course Kruger fails again also on that PK that gave NJ the GWG...not sure if it was Desjardins s as tge other pk forward...8f so then he also fails again two...We simply cannot have this much Fail from Kruger and Desjardins...Something has to be do be about these 2 players who cannot do their jobs at an NHL stay on the roster level ...you can say the
same thing for Toews and Hossa on line #1...but at least they were not on for any NJ goals scored on us tonight I believe. .Still you pay 9veralk $15 million for Toews and Hossa combined and no matter what defenses do to stymie them,there is no excuse for such a poor return on the offensive production you expect for investing that much money on them..Hossa off the cliff and Toews approaching the Falls..We simply will not make the playoffs if only getting g goals from basically 3 of 12 forwards over long stretches of games. All from guys off the so-called 2nd line...

You could also say that Kane cost us by such a late penalty in our our end with at least a point I tge bag ...but snatched even that away...But still You expect your $6 million goalie and the Pkers Q selected and trusted to get the job done and kill it...they Failed.

SO YES...
WE had better possesion stats but a few breakdowns,poor goaltending and poor pk cost us the game.. I guess Corsi failed tonight.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Dano-JT-TT
panarin-AA-Kane
Shaw-Kero-Hossa
Desi-kruger-garbut/tik

keith-TVR
Gustaffson-Hammer
daley-seabrook

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I try to be easy on Crow. When the team collectively plays like crap, he gets the brunt of the blame.

However, each and every goal tonight could have been stopped. And if he let in only one or two I may just shrug it off, but giving up three easy goals isn't good enough. Plain and simple.

Mashinter drawing into the lineup was also a mistake. He doesn't have a future on this team. Once we have a healthy roster, he's going to Rockford.

Tikhonov on the other hand, is a lock for this season and would be better off being given more minutes in hopes of him settling in.

Speaking of new guys, Dano had his best game as a Hawk. He might not have gotten on the board at all, but the effort and skill was there tonight. Might be time to reunite him with Toews and Hoss.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
tried to upload a tweet, but couldn't get it to work.. here it is

@TraMyersCSN "Q: "All three goals tonight nothing plays, nothing dangerous about them at all. [They] end up in our net." #Blackhawks"

also, those goals are more than just evening up the score. Its deflating. Brings down momentum.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Speaking of new guys, Dano had his best game as a Hawk. He might not have gotten on the board at all, but the effort and skill was there tonight. Might be time to reunite him with Toews and Hoss.

Yes. It seems like every random scrub has gotten a chance at that 1LW spot (during a real, not preseason game) except for Dano. The kid definitely has good offensive instincts. He also really looks up to Hossa -- he might do well playing on a line with him.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Just an absolutely embarrassing loss tonight. Doesn't get any easier having to go into St. Louis on Saturday...

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I see many of us are having rational, well-thought emotions tonight. I won't say I'm not a little worried right now, but not time to panic. Yet.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Oops
..sorry mea culpa...Indeed Toews and Hossa were on for a goal again st in the 5x5 ...so add -1 to their stats each...credit Hossa for 5 shots on goal so yes he is trying ..but is 8n effective ...can no longer beat goalies like in his youth..Toews limited to 1 shot on goal..This is trying from a $10.5 million "star"...one stinking shot on goal is all he can muster? And Kruger and Desjardins as I said also add another -1 each as their negative season stats head into the stratosphere...And they fail on their PK work too..

Well at least you cannot blame Rundblad and Bickell fo this continuing meltdown of key personal Q has so much trust in..
So Toews loses 2 straight to Henrique and now Backes gets another Crack at showing Toews up for a 2nd time in their battle of who can score goals.
So what is wrong with Toews that his "talent" has left the building so often in the majority of games this year so far...could it be big fat bank account weighs him down or hot girlfriend taking his mind off the mission? Leader off the cliff too?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The ugly:

Hossa 1g 3a in 13 GP -5
KRUGER no points in 16GP -8
DESJARDINS no pints in 16GP -8

The Bad:

TOEWS 5g 5a in 16 GP net ZERO in +/- I'm 16GP

A lot of Q's Trust guys letting him down ...big time.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Gustafsson gets another assist and another +1 tonight...He is now +5 in just 5GP ...on merit they should send TVR and Svedberg down when Keith and Rozy back in..but how can they possibly justify sending Gustafsson down? WHEN HE KEEPS GIVING G US POSITIVES? To keep the vaunted TVR over him makes no sense...They in fact need to increase minutes to get even more from Gustafsson ...or so it would seem.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Gustafsson gets another assist and another +1 tonight...He is now +5 in just 5GP ...on merit they should send TVR and Svedberg down when Keith and Rozy back in..but how can they possibly justify sending Gustafsson down? WHEN HE KEEPS GIVING G US POSITIVES? To keep the vaunted TVR over him makes no sense...They in fact need to increase minutes to get even more from Gustafsson ...or so it would seem.

You might have some of the worst insight i've ever seen. I really like Gustafsson and he deserves to stay but you need to quit just reading stats and actually watch the game. There is absolutely no reason to send TVR down. Svedberg, yes. That second goal was on him. How the hell are you going to ****ing coast on an odd man break in?

TVR over Gustaffson makes plenty of sense. Svedberg is a different story.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
I desperately wish I was on hf in 2012 when the hawks were winless in 9 straight.

Honestly, why are so many people on the verge of slitting their wrists? It's november...

Btw, stop focusing on +/- so much, it doesn't mean **** a lot of the time.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I desperately wish I was on hf in 2012 when the hawks were winless in 9 straight.

Honestly, why are so many people on the verge of slitting their wrists? It's november...

Btw, stop focusing on +/- so much, it doesn't mean **** a lot of the time.

I dont. Like at all. I'm so glad I wasn't on this board for that. ****, I saw a post with someone saying we should leave Toews unprotected for an expansion team today. I cant even imagine what it was like during that stretch. "Trade everyone. Complete rebuild. This team will never win a cup anytime soon."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig