GDT: Game 16: Vancouver Canucks @ Phoenix Coyotes | 11-5-13 | 7PM Arizona Time

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
It was weird seeing the actual 6 top defense for the Coyotes on the roster, so naturally one had to get injured. I'm still of the belief that of all the prospects, Stone is easily the most NHL ready.

jimslob

Dec 9, 2008
Nucks fan here congratulating you on the win.

When I heard Henricks name called for the last shooter I knew you had it!

Good luck with your Duck hunting tomorrow, kill those fowls!

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
Great game. Love that they're finally winning in the shootouts, probably more because of better goalie performances than anything else.

Also...

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Well that was the most frustrating 65 minutes of hockey I have witnessed in a while. 2 points is 2 points but damn I was so annoyed all game with the overall play and just how slow the damn game was.

JTPoni23

Dec 26, 2012
Barrie, Ontario
Victory is so much sweeter when it is against the Canucks. I believe Smith has had the help of 3 goalposts in the past 2 shootouts. Tinfoil hat is still on for sure, especially since he has won the past 2.

According to Ticketmaster, looks like the game against the Caps on Saturday will have even more attending then tonight's game. Looking forward to that!

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I still feel like we're one player away, good win though.

Yes we are, because we really have to do something with Korpi...complete and utter offense killer, let's put Ribs back w/Boedker and Moss. They seemed to work.

Korpi has lost his speed, thank goodness he can still play defense...but for 2.5m for the next 4 years including this one...that is a lot to pay for 2pts on the season in 16 games.

Last edited:

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
I swear every time I have to miss the beginning of a game we get a really early goal.

Fun game though. I would have preferred to win in regulation or OT, but I'll still take the two points.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Vrby scores on the forehand again!

I love that Vrby is exploiting goaltenders that know he loves to go backhand. I've been waiting so long for him to start doing this.

That Michalek/Klesla pairing was a bit of a mess. Neither can move the puck up the ice. Hopefully that's the end of that short experiment. And Vermette 6th in the shootout?

Other than that, 11-3-2. Howl on!

I was more surprised that Doan went fifth. Seems like it's been forever since he's scored in the shootout.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Great game to be at. I ended up parking in lot g. $25. Best parking spot ever!! -_-

Awesome game and Canucks fans were a pleasure to sit next to. Took some coworkers and now they're hooked on the team. One even bought a doaner jersey.

Hoping forward to the game tomorrow. Let's go yotes!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I liked Doan with Moss and Ribs.

I liked Klink with Vermette and Boeds.

Didn't like Korpi with the Czechs. Maybe he needs to lose the fifteen pounds of muscle he gained this summer. Can we IR him and put him on the stationary bike until he loses ten pounds?

These games have been insane this season. Every time we win it feels like a lucky break.

Dave Tippett has to be the angriest 11-3-2 coach in history. Haha.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I just wish Boeds would actually shoot the puck with that wrister of his. No reason he couldn't be a 25-30g guy. We wouldn't even be talking about having to trade for a forward if he produced like that. Sigh.

A poster here was saying he's frustrating to watch. It's true. It just feels like he should be able to play at a whole other level. And sometimes you see that level- just not with any consistency.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
On a positive note Ribs blocked a shot on the PK! Good to see he's willing to play in those situations. He's a good guy. I like him.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Standing at the back of 104 I took a pic with my phone of Vrbata as he took his shot in the shootout & thought it would be great but it came out blurry. :(

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
11-3-2.... ....

Remember when some of you wanted to fire Tippet after games 1 and 2? Where you at

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad