GDT: Game 16: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Florida Panthers | Feb 18 | 7:30 PM | SNET-O | FAN 590

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Why is Huberdeau on the wing for them? I thought they would groom him as a future #1C. Montreal seems to be playing Gally at C even though he's only 18.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
I don't have stats (And didn't read the thread, so, I'm sure someone has them); but we are horrible against Florida. I am preparing for a loss; but would be really happy with a win, more-so than I should against the Panthers.

since the 04-05 lockout we are 13-13-2 against the Panthers

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Parros.... great.

abandon-thread-im-out-of-here-3328bdf9a4b9504b9398284244fe97c2-2.gif

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
When Frattin came up, he only had 2 games to burn of waiver restrictions. His is obviously now burned.

How many players can be on the roster, both Press Box and dressed?

Waive Komi.

I also don't think Jake is completely over his concussion and keeping him down on the Marlies, gives him the time to get over that injury and we do have 8 D, so even sitting two players for the rest of the year, will help not only him but until a place is available, maybe a trade for one, will give him the opportunity.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
What happens when Frattin/Reimer are back, and eventually Lupul (posted this in the Gunnar thread) assuming we're healthy?

van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
Komarov - Grabovski - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Orr
McLaren - McClemment - Brown
X: Steckel

Phaneuf - Holzer
Liles - Kostka
Fraser - Franson
X: Komisarek, Gunnarsson

Coming back: Reimer, Frattin, Lupul.

Obviously Rynnas out when Reimer comes back, but you gotta think Steckel/MacArthur will be traded, or the AHL d-men get sent down which I wouldn't mind.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
I also don't think Jake is completely over his concussion and keeping him down on the Marlies, gives him the time to get over that injury and we do have 8 D, so even sitting two players for the rest of the year, will help not only him but until a place is available, maybe a trade for one, will give him the opportunity.

I just watched him in the marlies game this afternoon, he was the most dominant player in the game. He was playing fearless and was dangling around the Aero's like they were pylons. He is ready!

:yo:

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
my radio had a lot of static but i think nonis said he would trade a pick for short term help but said he wouldnt trade a younger player for short term help....and he said he will be as patient as he has to be......like i said i couldnt understand it 100 percent so if anyone wants to add or correct this .....

Bleed Blue and White

Oct 4, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
my radio had a lot of static but i think nonis said he would trade a pick for short term help but said he wouldnt trade a younger player for short term help....and he said he will be as patient as he has to be......like i said i couldnt understand it 100 percent so if anyone wants to add or correct this .....

In essence yes. He said he'd move a pick to fill a hole in our roster but he wouldn't trade a pile of young prospects in an effort to win now because we aren't at that stage. Pretty consistent with what he's said all along.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
In essence yes. He said he'd move a pick to fill a hole in our roster but he wouldn't trade a pile of young prospects in an effort to win now because we aren't at that stage. Pretty consistent with what he's said all along.

yeah...he also said that ownership is okay with a rebuild....the first thing i got from the trading of picks was a offersheet for ror.....who knows tho

leafspring*

He's never said he won't trade veterans for youth/picks though.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Man I'm really nervous about this week for the Leafs .. Panthers tonight, Tampa tomorrow, Buffalo Thursday, and Sens on Saturday ... 4 teams that are struggling and that the Leafs should win all of them, but given the last handful of years I'm afraid they'll stumble on a good chance to gain valuable points in the standings.

Looks like Rynnas will get a start this week at some point

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
Man I'm really nervous about this week for the Leafs .. Panthers tonight, Tampa tomorrow, Buffalo Thursday, and Sens on Saturday ... 4 teams that are struggling and that the Leafs should win all of them, but given the last handful of years I'm afraid they'll stumble on a good chance to gain valuable points in the standings.

Looks like Rynnas will get a start this week at some point

we will go 3-1, now Rynnas starting make me nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad