GDT: Game 16: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Florida Panthers | Feb 18 | 7:30 PM | SNET-O | FAN 590

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
Looking forward to the game tonight. We always seem to lose to Florida but I'm hoping we'll break that chain this evening. This is the easier of the back to back, even though historically we do well against Tampa.

Let's get em boys.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

Carl Gunnarsson (hip) continues to inch closer toward a return, but is not expected to play against the Panthers on Monday night. - TSN

Mondays Morning Skate Lines

Forwards:
van Riemsdyk - Bozak - Kessel
Komarov - Grabovski - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Orr
McLaren - McClement - Brown

Defence:
Phaneuf - Holzer
Liles - Kostka
Fraser - Franson
Gunnarsson - Komisarek

Goaltenders:
Scrivens
Rynnas

Most noted changes would be, if this is correct, is Komisarek is in and Orr on the Kadri line.

Think switching Orr and Brown around might make some sense. Brown could skate with that 3rd line better and the 4th line was effective the way it was.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
sounds like scrivens gets the nod for both FLA games.

hopefully that's true - because Rynnas is not ready now, and likely will never be.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Our morning skate lines were much different than the above. The only one remaining the same is the only one that's been playing good: Hubs/Mueller/Shore (aka the kid line). We had Matthias paired with Weiss and Skille on the first line, Flash/Goc/Kopecky on line three, Kovalev/Parros/Smithson on line four.

So you guys will probably be getting a new look at our line pairings as Dineen tries to shake things up and get us a win.

Good luck tonight. As I posted in the other thread, the Leafs have always been a team close to me as they played in the first game I ever watched. Only ever had good experiences with your fans, as well.

:yo:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I think I got the lines right in my stats post, at least.

Though I'm still not buying that Kovalev is actually going to be on the 4th line when the puck drops.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Think switching Orr and Brown around might make some sense. Brown could skate with that 3rd line better and the 4th line was effective the way it was.

I thought the same thing, when I first read it but Orr has played very well and he positions himself in front of the net and that may give Kadri and MacArthur more shots on goal, maybe block the line of sight for the goal tender and add some sandpaper, so opposing players to don't push them around.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
This is interesting and may be the reason, they haven't brought Gardiner up, they have activated Gunnarsson but he won't play tonight, this gives us 8 D. with Komisarek.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Being asked a lot about Jake Gardiner. One of considerations is if he plays three more NHL games, he becomes eligible for waivers.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
I thought the same thing, when I first read it but Orr has played very well and he positions himself in front of the net and that may give Kadri and MacArthur more shots on goal, maybe block the line of sight for the goal tender and add some sandpaper, so opposing players to don't push them around.

Yeah I am sure that is exactly what RC is thinking. I was just thinking out loud.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
Scrivens played excellent against Ottawa, roll with him until he gives us a reason not to -even if Reimer comes back sooner rather than later.

I was just wondering out loud.

Not like Scrivens is going to be 'bagged' after playing a half dozen games in a row. lol

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
Our morning skate lines were much different than the above. The only one remaining the same is the only one that's been playing good: Hubs/Mueller/Shore (aka the kid line). We had Matthias paired with Weiss and Skille on the first line, Flash/Goc/Kopecky on line three, Kovalev/Parros/Smithson on line four.

So you guys will probably be getting a new look at our line pairings as Dineen tries to shake things up and get us a win.

Good luck tonight. As I posted in the other thread, the Leafs have always been a team close to me as they played in the first game I ever watched. Only ever had good experiences with your fans, as well.

:yo:

They feel the same way all over the league. Especially in Ottawa. :D

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'd love to see Carlyle try to seperate Grabovski and Kulemin. Just to try something out.

Grabovski with Komarov and McClement/MacArthur, Kadri with Kulemin and MacArthur/McClement.

Anyway, hoping for a strong start to this one. Hopefully Kessel and/or Grabovski get going.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
imo: should put Kadri with Grabo and Mac and then put Kulemin with Komarov and McClement for the perfect checking line. Frattin can replace Macarthur when healthy. Never thought id say that!

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
This is interesting and may be the reason, they haven't brought Gardiner up, they have activated Gunnarsson but he won't play tonight, this gives us 8 D. with Komisarek.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Being asked a lot about Jake Gardiner. One of considerations is if he plays three more NHL games, he becomes eligible for waivers.

When Frattin came up, he only had 2 games to burn of waiver restrictions. His is obviously now burned.

How many players can be on the roster, both Press Box and dressed?

Waive Komi.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
When Frattin came up, he only had 2 games to burn of waiver restrictions. His is obviously now burned.

How many players can be on the roster, both Press Box and dressed?

Waive Komi.

I think we have another space left for a call-up, someone can correct me on that.

Frattin deserves to stay anyway, guy is becoming a true goalscorer in the NHL.

EDIT: here's a side question but did we already burn another year of Gardiner's contract or did he not play enough games or how does it work?

leafspring*

I'd love to see Carlyle try to seperate Grabovski and Kulemin. Just to try something out.

Grabovski with Komarov and McClement/MacArthur, Kadri with Kulemin and MacArthur/McClement.

Anyway, hoping for a strong start to this one. Hopefully Kessel and/or Grabovski get going.

Yeah, Grabo needs to wake up or if this defensive system doesn't suit him maybe he needs to look in the mirror. He has been brutal. His energy is spotty at best,and he is not the player i expected to be seeing.

He has more penalty minutes than shots through 15 games. He is playing himself out the door.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad