GDT: GAME 16 | SENS @ OIL | Thursday November 13 930PM|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Othello*

He got 3rd line minutes on the left side. MacA is 1st line, and Michalek takes tougher defensive assignments. Calm down.

Why should he calm down when Michalek of all people is playing more then Hoffman. You really need to stop haveing hostility towards everybody who criticizes the Coach

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Good on the Hoff to rescue us from the brink of despair and salvage a win over a pretty ****** team. Awesome that Lazar was in on the winner. Right in front of his former junior squad to boot! :)...Cowen was ****ing awesome tonight. I am doing a double take on his play as of late...:yo:

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
The great battle of our time is over. The East has triumphed over the West, ushering a new age of peace and prosperity for eons to come.

I shall draw up the proclamation and deliver to you my sword.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I shall draw up the proclamation and and deliver to you my sword.

Even you have to admit that this east vs. west talk has been getting annoying. Yes, the west is probably better, but we don't need to hear it every bloody time.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Hoffman had a grand total of 13:55 TOI this game, get your moustache out of your ass maclean.

At least he stops at his moustache........

We won the game, clearly Hoffman was used properly. He didn't dominate, he got good opportunities and made good on them. Almost 14 minutes for a guy with 14 career points is no great crime, and you should be THRILLED that MacLean is playing his all-rookie 3rd/4th line at all in overtime. A lot of coaches wouldn't even consider allowing that.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

We won the game, clearly Hoffman was used properly. He didn't dominate, he got good opportunities and made good on them. Almost 14 minutes for a guy with 20-some career points is no great crime, and you should be THRILLED that MacLean is playing his all-rookie 3rd/4th line at all in overtime. A lot of coaches wouldn't even consider allowing that.

Didn't have any problems really with the coach tonight other than 4 minutes of PP time for Legwand.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Why should he calm down when Michalek of all people is playing more then Hoffman. You really need to stop haveing hostility towards everybody who criticizes the Coach

Michalek is a better defensive player, and gets more minutes by virtue of PK time and matchups against better offensive players.

How am I branded as some kind of "Maclean Apologist" when I try to have a rational analysis & discussion of player usage?

Some of y'all are insane: bashing he coach is totally fine and not at all "hostile", but try to bring any context into the discussion, and all of a sudden it's "hostility". It's ****ing bizzaro world on GDTs sometimes.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

We won the game, clearly Hoffman was used properly. He didn't dominate, he got good opportunities and made good on them. Almost 14 minutes for a guy with 20-some career points is no great crime, and you should be THRILLED that MacLean is playing his all-rookie 3rd/4th line at all in overtime. A lot of coaches wouldn't even consider allowing that.

Hoffman did dominate. 2 goals for the small amount of time he played, on top of getting a few more quality scoring chances, is excellent. And it;s not about his career numbers but his play this season, which has arguably been the best of our forwards outside Turris and MacA. I'm sure plenty of coaches would play him a few more minutes per game.

RattsSSV

May 4, 2006
Even you have to admit that this east vs. west talk has been getting annoying. Yes, the west is probably better, but we don't need to hear it every bloody time.

Absolutely. With the Oilers, the media and a large number of fans have going on about 'beating the East' because to say we are the worst in the west is sickening to think of.

As for the way the two conferences play; there are strengths and weaknesses with each team. The west has more teams that are physical, but that doesn't mean better.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Hoff and Cowen with monster games! Chiasson making things happen. If these three guys keep playing like this and others pick their games up anything is possible this season.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Michalek is a better defensive player, and gets more minutes by virtue of PK time and matchups against better offensive players.

How am I branded as some kind of "Maclean Apologist" when I try to have a rational analysis & discussion of player usage?

Some of y'all are insane: bashing he coach is totally fine and not at all "hostile", but try to bring any context into the discussion, and all of a sudden it's "hostility". It's ****ing bizzaro world on GDTs sometimes.
IMO, the answer to someone who criticizes the coach unfairly in your opinion should be to defend the coach, not to criticize the poster.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Now that were using bobby to spark offense in the other lines

Who do we use to spark ryan's offense?

RattsSSV

May 4, 2006
Anyways, just wanted to say congrats and you've got gold in Lazar. Fan favourite with the Oil Kings. Treat him well.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Now that were using bobby to spark offense in the other lines

Who do we use to spark ryan's offense?
He's been making weird decisions with the puck. When he plays with Mac and Turris he can simplify his game and just worry about scoring.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Ugh, Ottawa fans.

WE WON IN OT. BE HAPPY.
:facepalm:

I'm always happy with a win, but let's not kid ourselves, the Sens played a very mediocre game outside of the first period and Andy once again had to hold the fort. If it wasn't for our goalie outperforming theirs, a point is all we'd have gotten, if that much at all. All this against a bottom feeder mind you. So yeah, I think we should be allowed to voice our concerns in the GDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad