OilersGDT.png

oilerGDT2.png

GDToil3.png

Last edited:

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
I find it amazing how the Oilers board is using the whole playing well against Eastern conference team thing to argue that tonight's game will be a guaranteed win. It's kind of sad really because they are basically in denial and finding any glimmer of hope to cling to in order to convince themselves that this will not be another disastrous season for them. I hope the Sens blow them out.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I find it amazing how the Oilers board is using the whole playing well against Eastern conference team thing to argue that tonight's game will be a guaranteed win. It's kind of sad really because they are basically in denial and finding any glimmer of hope to cling to in order to convince themselves that this will not be another disastrous season for them. I hope the Sens blow them out.

It already is a disaster of a season for them. They are bottom 5 in the league and last in their division.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010

We're not built to blow teams out. I can see this being a close affair, 3-2 Sens Ot

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Reminds me of us :sarcasm: Seriously though, GO SENS GO.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa

Not that it means anything in predicting the outcome (like Reimer's record vs Ottawa), but they have tended to own us. A little humility on our end could not hurt, even though I'm sure they are tipping too far the other way.

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
Lineup tweet
--
Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB 13s13 seconds ago
#sens lines MacArthur-Turris-Chiasson, Smith-Legwand-Neil, Michalek-Zibanejad-Ryan, Hoff-Lazar-Stone. Phillips-Karl,Cowen-Ceci,Boro-Gryba
--

Those forward lines are terrible.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Lineup tweet
--
#sens lines MacArthur-Turris-Chiasson, Smith-Legwand-Neil, Michalek-Zibanejad-Ryan, Hoff-Lazar-Stone. Phillips-Karl,Cowen-Ceci,Boro-Gryba
--

They're only terrible because Zibby has zero chemistry with anyone. Top line is fine with Chiasson there, kid line is great and our 4th line is a 4th line.

The zibby line is bad most nights regardless of which players are on his wings.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
This idea to jump start Mika with Ryan is getting old. Just leave him with Chiasson and let them figure things out on their own without pressure.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Lineup tweet
--
--

I disagree. I like these lines and here's why.

Chiasson has been stuck with Michalek and Zibby, off to slow starts this year. Putting him with Mac and Turris should help.

Smith Legwand Neil, good 4th line

Michalek, Zibby, Ryan -- Ryan is playing injured, Michalek holding a roster spot for another player coming soon (trade michalek)

kid line - terrible :sarcasm:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
mac-turris-ryan!!!!!!!!!!!

:rant:

come on coach. wake up!!:shakehead

/rant

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
OMG! Stop putting our superstar Bobby Ryan on a line with 2 ICE CUBES!!!! We need ryan to get his game going, keep him with Turris and Macarthur. Zibanejad needs an injection of passion in his game and the kid line is being unfairly sheltered because of lazar. I have never played a game of hockey in my life but I know better than Maclean... lines should be as follows

Mac - Turris - Ryan
Hoff - Zibby - Stone
MM9 - Legs - Chaisson
Smith - Lazer - Neil

That way Lazer can play sheltered minutes with some PP time and Hoff and Stone can get zib going and actually get some MINUTES!

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Yeah i like those lines HD but not sure we should be breaking up the kid line. it's been our best line i think. and lazar is our best faceoff guy. right now is our 2nd best center so might need more mins not less.
i just want that top line in tact. and probably the kid line too. the rest needs to be figured out. it's not like coach doesn't have lots of nice pieces to work with.
but....hoff-zib-stone should be tried.

i would also put greening in for michalek.
maybe even greening-zib-chiasson (2 up and down guys with zib able to skate all over a bit more.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Yeah. Breaking up the kid line is not ideal, but i think that they are getting less minutes than they should because coach is trying to shelter Lazer. So I think we woul see more of the white hot duo of Stone and Hoffman and they could get Zibby going.

But to be fair we also need to get michalek, ryan and Legs contributing too.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Yeah. Breaking up the kid line is not ideal, but i think that they are getting less minutes than they should because coach is trying to shelter Lazer. So I think we woul see more of the white hot duo of Stone and Hoffman and they could get Zibby going.

But to be fair we also need to get michalek, ryan and Legs contributing too.

this is where our coach needs to be better. getting working lines together and keeping them. so far we have 2 lines that really work. one he has broken up now and the other is together because the 3 kids went to him and asked to play together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad