GDT: Game 16 - Senators (7-6-2) @ Devils (9-3-3) - 1pm (Short Notice Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Before today though we gave up FIFTEEN goals with Fayne not in the lineup. FIVE goals in each of the three games.

Don't see why we're playing Hank the suckage tank over him.

You want to hang the loss today on Tallinder? They sucked a collective big fat ****. He wasn't on for a goal against.

Sherseys

Feb 15, 2013
New Jersey
I agree that Fayne should be in the lineup over Tallinder, but I think almost everyone does. What I don't think is that he makes THAT much of a difference. One player doesn't make a team. The rest of the team needs to show up and play a few shifts and put in a little bit of effort. The game today showed a profound lack of effort, and it's obviously not all Tallinder's fault.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tallinder was fine today. Why do we have to play him though?

This is exactly where this stems from. Why do we NEED 8 defensemen?

Peter Harrold on a one way contract. Has played in 1 out of 16 games.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Before today though we gave up FIFTEEN goals with Fayne not in the lineup. FIVE goals in each of the three games.

Don't see why we're playing Hank the suckage tank over him.

Fayne is 20x better then Tallinder. If u want to play him soo bad, I wouldnt see why, then take out Sal/Volch/Zid

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Tallinder was fine today. Why do we have to play him though?

This is exactly where this stems from. Why do we NEED 8 defensemen?

Peter Harrold on a one way contract. Has played in 1 out of 16 games.

Because the value of the one Lou wants to move will be higher at the deadline.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

And which one is this exactly?

I don't know if Tallinder has as much value as we think. Sometimes I do not feel confident with him at all on the ice. He also has one more year left after this at a bad salary.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Real happy with Larsson's play recently. At his age it makes me more excited of his future.

This. He's already playing very solid on the defensive end, and not just for his age. But for any defenseman on this team or in the league. It is that much better when thinking about how far along he is at this age. And knowing that he should improve further. And he should improve on the offensive end as well. His play has been one of the brighter takeaways from just about every game he has played, even in games the team loses.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Completely meaningless stats.

We were winning a lot in the beginning with Tedenby on the team. When he was sent down we started losing. Yeah that really says a lot.

There's a real big difference between the impact of a forward playing 4-5 minutes a game and defensemen playing 17-22.

I don't care about having Tallinder in the lineup but why does it have to be over the guy who was our best d-man last year? Why not over Volchenkov, especially if this is only a couple-game thing? If you're going to experiment and rotate guys to show off our depth, why sit the young guys? Might as well let the vets have some time off, they need it more.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Just for the record, "blimp" "fatso" "oaf" Ben Bishop, at 6-foot-7, weighs 214 pounds. Martin Brodeur, at 6-2, weighs 220.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

People keep saying that, but what happens if we start losing games because of all this goofy experimenting and not having forward help and in the meantime someone gets hurt on the blueline anyway?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just for the record, "blimp" "fatso" "oaf" Ben Bishop, at 6-foot-7, weighs 214 pounds. Martin Brodeur, at 6-2, weighs 220.

He's a blimp because of all the equipment he ****in wears that clogs up the entire net. And he's an oaf cause he's 6 foot 7. Enjoy your win and Get lost.

Last edited:

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Greene is plus 7, Larsson is plus 5, the rest are all around 0, including Fayne. The Fayne is 20 times this and that is not true. If anyone stands out it's Greene, the rest of the pack has good and bad days, except Larsson is starting to look more confident after a somewhat shaky start.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Greene is plus 7, Larsson is plus 5, the rest are all around 0, including Fayne. The Fayne is 20 times this and that is not true. If anyone stands out it's Greene, the rest of the pack has good and bad days, except Larsson is starting to look more confident after a somewhat shaky start.

Yes, Fayne is 20x better then Tallinder. That may be seen as Fayne is just that good, or Tallinder is just that awful. We are nearly perfect when Fayne plays, and havent won when he hasnt. When Tallinder comes in we are below .500. Now I know this is directly Tallinder's fault, but why even mess with the team when its doing soo successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad