GDT: Game 16: Sabres vs Canadiens - 11/8 7:30pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
If you like goals ... it was a fun game.

If you enjoy goaltending heroics and solid play by the entire team ... this was a freaking nightmare and kinda sucked.

Reactions: Dreakon13

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I can’t believ Risto took a slap shot and his stick didn’t break.

Oh, And he hit the net! lol

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

If you enjoy goaltending heroics and solid play by the entire team ... this was a freaking nightmare and kinda sucked.
You remember Gretzky & Messier's Oilers? LaFleur and Shutt's Canadian's right?

IMO, way more enjoyable hockey than todays overly structured and tightly controlled snooze fests.

I understand you have to play the game that way today but........ it's so frustrating to watch most times. Almost as bad as baseball......... lol!

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
You remember Gretzky & Messier's Oilers? LaFleur and Shutt's Canadian's right?

IMO, way more enjoyable hockey than todays overly structured and tightly controlled snooze fests.

I understand you have to play the game that way today but........ it's so frustrating to watch most times. Almost as bad as baseball......... lol!

Well if 5-6 games are your bag, then let’s require all teams to put goalies in net that can barely stop a beachball. :laugh:

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Big up to E-Rod for his positioning on that odd-man rush in OT.

There's definitely one thing you can't take away from Risto: he's got a ****in clapper.
theclapper.jpg

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Risto had possession of the puck in the ozone, lost possession, and then got tangled up with a Habs player in an effort to slow him down. Habs player easily gets loose, and handily outskates Risto down the ice and misses the net by inches. Risto lucked the **** out

Truth! But Risto owned up by admitting that shit show and then going down the other way and winning the f***ing game for us. Love it!

Reactions: darcyRegier

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011

I know what you mean but...we have been in the burial grounds for so long, so long, I want to be entertained, have fun and win some f***ing hockey games for a change.
We did just that tonight and I say CHEERS to my Sabres tonight! Great f***'n job boys.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
What? I never indicated you said he couldn't play well tonight? What did I mis-characterize? Why are you acting so hostile? I was just having a conversation.

That's exactly what you said: "I don't think it is so unreasonable that people think Price could do well tonight." You're claiming I implied it was unreasonable for people to think that Price could play well tonight. I never implied that. I'm not trying to be hostile, but I am trying to correct a mis-characterization of my point. No hard feelings.

Anyway, he gave up 6 goals on 31 shots for an .806 SV%. The dude is just not playing well. LOL

Member 308457

It's good the the Habs missed a golden opportunity on the rush right before the goal and it was fortunate that the puck was just laying there for Risto to skate it all alone up the ice, as most of the three on three were left behind with the quick ricochet. And it was even better that he was able to beat Price. What I didn't like was the Teemu Selanne celly. Come on Risto, score and win like you've been there before. You make a lot of mistakes and got lucky. Just be happy and don't put it in Mtl's face; they will get you next time.

(Risto was caught back on the initial Mtl 3-1 break)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
It's good the the Habs missed a golden opportunity on the rush right before the goal and it was fortunate that the puck was just laying there for Risto to skate it all alone up the ice, as most of the three on three were left behind with the quick ricochet. And it was even better that he was able to beat Price. What I didn't like was the Teemu Selanne celly. Come on Risto, score and win like you've been there before. You make a lot of mistakes and got lucky. Just be happy and don't put it in Mtl's face; they will get you next time.

3 on 3, situation. Risto caught down low with his man and HE is the reason for it being 3-1 back the other way?

Free pass for Sam “no wheels” Reinhart?

That play should have been 3 on 2 going back the other way. Reinhart’s got to be by far the worst 3 on 3 player we’ve used this far. How is he never in the play offensivly, yet gets caught not in the play defensivly going back the other way? Guy should never touch the ice in 3 on 3 ever again.

As for the celly, love it. OT goal, perfectly called for.

Sorry you hate the guy and want to nit-pick.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I have no problem with the celebration. He’s had a rough stretch of games, and had a rough night, and managed to win the game for his team. Let the guy act like he’s happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad