GDT: Game 16: Sabres vs Canadiens - 11/8 7:30pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Game Preview: 11/8/18 at Montreal

LAST GAME
Sunday, November 4
Buffalo 1 at NY Rangers 3
Goals: Sheary
Goalie: Hutton (19 saves/21 shots); 1 ENG
PP: 0/4; PK: 1/1; Shots: Buffalo 40 – NY Rangers 22

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 59)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 15 games
Scott Wilson (ankle, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 15 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/6: Activated F Sean Malone from IR; assigned Malone to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Nov. 10: Vancouver at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 13: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 16: Buffalo at Winnipeg, 8 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 17: Buffalo at Minnesota, 6 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 19: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at CANADIENS

• This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Canadiens this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Montreal 4-3 in Buffalo on Oct. 25
  • Next meeting: Friday, Nov. 23 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 3-4-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens; 4-5-1 on the road
  • This is the 281st game all-time between Buffalo and Montreal; Buffalo has a 127-112-41 series record.
  • The Sabres are 54-72-13 on the road against the Canadiens all-time.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
A lot of time off between games, hopefully there is no rust to shake off. I expect the team to dominate montreal the same as they did last game.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
We've lost four of five and we probably get Price tonight. Not feeling great about this one. Hope I'm wrong.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Or, a bad loss could get us closer to the big Q. Just sayin’
That's the way I see it, if we win than I am happy and if we lose then I play the Q narrative and it's not so bad.

------

Asides from the above, last time we played Montreal we played their backup. We most likely get Price this time and Montreal scored 3 against us last time so I dont think this game is as winnable as a poster somewhere above me thinks.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
That's the way I see it, if we win than I am happy and if we lose then I play the Q narrative and it's not so bad.

------

Asides from the above, last time we played Montreal we played their backup. We most likely get Price this time and Montreal scored 3 against us last time so I dont think this game is as winnable as a poster somewhere above me thinks.

An optimist! We need more of these!

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
cut.jpg

GAME-DAY RESOURCES

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
The team played excellent last game I hope to see more of the same tonight. Big game for the teams early season confidence

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

BROSSARD - Here's a look at the forward lines and defense pairings featured at Thursday's morning skate at the Bell Sports Complex.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Agostino - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Deslauriers - Peca - Hudon

Benn - Petry
Alzner - Reilly
Ouellet - Mete
Juulsen - Schlemko

Price
Niemi

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Someone try to explain the TT situation to me. I dont f***ing get it. What on earth are Botts and the baffoon doing on this one. I have supported most Botts moves but this is atrocious decision making right there.

Reactions: SabresSharks

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
At this point Ullmark should be the one getting the majority of the starts. He has been phenomenal virtually every game save Columbus and he was not 100% at fault in that game. Hutton has never been a heavy workload starter so I do not understand why he is being played like one. If anything a 45-37 split would be best IMO.

Sabres win this one. They have been playing relatively well and if we are continuing to pepper the oppositions goalie with shots the pucks are going to go in. We need to get some goals out of the other 3 lines.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
At this point Ullmark should be the one getting the majority of the starts. He has been phenomenal virtually every game save Columbus and he was not 100% at fault in that game. Hutton has never been a heavy workload starter so I do not understand why he is being played like one. If anything a 45-37 split would be best IMO.

Sabres win this one. They have been playing relatively well and if we are continuing to pepper the oppositions goalie with shots the pucks are going to go in. We need to get some goals out of the other 3 lines.
I agree with that. Hutton should be playing a mentor role, but it should be a more even split. Ullmark has looked clearly better in his starts, so evening out the workload might make sense.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I agree with that. Hutton should be playing a mentor role, but it should be a more even split. Ullmark has looked clearly better in his starts, so evening out the workload might make sense.

I could understand wanting to ease Ullmark in a bit against easier opponents at the outset of the season since this is his first full year up, but he's definitely played his way to earning more starts. Hope the workload split starts to reflect his performance soon. Seeing him in tonight is a good start --- the Sabres have been off for a few nights, so they could've easily went back to Hutton.

Reactions: GrierIsGod123

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad