GDT: Game 16: Oilers @ Coyotes / 12 Nov 2015 / 7 PM MST/ TV: FSAZ

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Yeah, that could be part of the problem, but Hall, RNH, Yak are all grown up. It may be chemistry, not surrounding them with the right players.:dunno:

They were all rushed. Either in the NHL too early or given too much responsibility and not enough accountable. They have the wrong mix of players too. Chirelli and Tmac will fix it over time. It will take trading yak, eberle, rnh and or hall, some of the shiny one dimensional players need to be traded for all around forwards and D. A coach like Tip would have held their young players more accountable the last few years, sent to AHL, healthy scratched, they have never had that lesson. I suspect a big turnover in personnel at the tdl and this summer.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The guy sitting next to me at the game was from Edmonton, and he and I just sat there laughing the whole time Scott had the puck pinned on the left dashers because we could tell the defender was saying to himself, "Is it worth cross-checking this guy to get to the puck?"

McConnell and Nash went on about it for a few minutes. FSAZ even replayed the segment to keep the dialogue running. It really was amusing.

BTW.... I know I brought up Duclair a while back during another "Whack-a-Chura" session on the board. The past two games I've been really impressed with his play off the puck, back checking and battling for pucks on the boards. Didn't see that over a stretch of games, but he was all over it in LA and against the Oil

Last edited:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
McConnell and Nash went on about it for a few minutes. FSAZ even replayed the segment to keep the dialogue running. It really was amusing.

BTW.... I know I brought up Duclair a while back during another "Whack-a-Chura" session on the board. The past two games I've been really impressed with his play off the puck, back checking and battling for pucks on the boards. Didn't see that over a stretch of games, but he was all over it in LA and against the Oil

I think that the game is called "Whack - a - Chip":laugh:

I got woken up by work so perhaps I'm a bit goofy so early this morning.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
They were all rushed. Either in the NHL too early or given too much responsibility and not enough accountable. They have the wrong mix of players too. Chirelli and Tmac will fix it over time. It will take trading yak, eberle, rnh and or hall, some of the shiny one dimensional players need to be traded for all around forwards and D. A coach like Tip would have held their young players more accountable the last few years, sent to AHL, healthy scratched, they have never had that lesson. I suspect a big turnover in personnel at the tdl and this summer.

I wouldn't say all. Most times the first OA makes the team the first year, but Yak should have been sent back. I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned accountability and wrong mix. I would also put coaching right up there.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I mentioned that also. That is really good to see and means the kid is listening to the coaches. With his speed the back check is so important.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Totally agree, Duclair has been much better away from the puck, likely why he gets more minutes now.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I also agree, better effort in all those areas. It appears he's working on his strength on the boards and what (at least at this time) appears to be quick improvement is very impressive, if not a fluke.

Edit: inside info, is that he's been talking to ol' jerry.

Last edited:

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
"Whack-a-Chura" session on the board.

whack-a-mole1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad