GDT: Game 16: Oilers @ Coyotes / 12 Nov 2015 / 7 PM MST/ TV: FSAZ

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Oh my god the cycle from John Scott was hilarious. Nobody could even nudge him.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I'm suprised he's not played more, honestly
This is the first time we've been in a position to give him more ice time. He's usually a liability more than anything but with a comfortable lead he's useful at making the opposition **** their pants when he eyes them up :laugh:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
*** Rieder
*** Smith
* Domi

Can't say it was a lock down effort as the Oilers weren't all there tonight, but everyone was pretty steady after the first.

Tied for 10th in point percentage.

They were missing their top forwards, McJesus/Klink/Korpi....

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Nice win and first place, who would have thought....Our D and goal tending was better and they turn the puck over in their own zone way more then we do.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
We need a gif of Doan's reaction to that absurd pass, so someone can post it every time Domi does something amazing.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Just got back from the game

Alright I'm done laughing over the weak 5-hole goal. Guaranteed at least one a game.

He could get advertising dollars for that 5-hole. "Mike Smith's 5-hole brought to you by LiftMaster garage door openers."

Seemed to take a little bit, maybe 10 minutes or so, for us to settle down. After that things were looking good. The crowd was into it and having Paul Surra as the announcer was a big plus. After we scored our second goal we seemed to play with a bit of confidence and dictated the pace. Good, fun game to watch.

3 in a row. Guess I'm on the hook for Saturday's GDT?
Stupid Islanders can't bet the Kings.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
The crowd seemed really engaged, good stuff

It felt like the crowd really helped the penalty call leading to the GWG.

A first call was not given in the offensive zone; the crowd booed loudly then a few moments later another nonchalant trip in the defensive zone and two minutes this time.

Congratulations to all who went; the noise and engagement were noticeable on TV.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Just got back from the game

He could get advertising dollars for that 5-hole. "Mike Smith's 5-hole brought to you by LiftMaster garage door openers."

Seemed to take a little bit, maybe 10 minutes or so, for us to settle down. After that things were looking good. The crowd was into it and having Paul Surra as the announcer was a big plus. After we scored our second goal we seemed to play with a bit of confidence and dictated the pace. Good, fun game to watch.

3 in a row. Guess I'm on the hook for Saturday's GDT?
Stupid Islanders can't bet the Kings.
If we loose out on Matthews, I think we know who to blame here.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
The last 3 games have really demonstrated the character of this team and it is promising:

- All the lines are good at the moment, they are doing their job on both ends.
- Goaltending is solid; it does not need to be at Vezina level which is a good sign.
- Powerplay feels better and looks better
- PK is on point, agressive and dangerous
- Rookies are maintaining their level
- Key players (OEL, Hanzal) are playing with enough dominance
- Even Doan has looked a lot better this week

The only outcast in all this is Vermette who looks like he could be easily replaced by calls up from the AHL. Something is not right with him at all.

The game in Columbus is going to be a good test because I am expecting them to come out and make life really uncomfortable for us on a Saturday evening game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00