DOMI - VERMETTE - BOEDKER
MARTINOOK - RICHARDSON - DOAN (C)
CHIPCHURA - GORDON - SCOTT

OEL (A) - STONE
DAHLBECK - MICHALEK
ELLIOTT - MURPHY

SMITH
LINDBACK

(the lines are just a guess, your mileage may vary)

Interesting Notes

Former Coyotes, Klinkhammer and Korpokoski are injured and will not play against their old team.

The Coyotes enter tonight’s game riding an 18-game point streak vs. the Oilers. This marks the
longest point streak against the same opponent in franchise history.

ARI last lost in regulation to EDM on Jan. 25, 2011 (4-3). Doan, Hanzal, OEL, and Boedker
(who was scratched that game) are the only players that are left from that regulation loss.

The Coyotes went 5-0-0 vs. EDM last season and have gone 20-2-3 against the Oilers under Dave Tippett.

Tonight, Shane Doan will pass Paul Coffey (1,409) and tie Norm Ullman (1,410) for 31st place on
the NHL’s all-time games played list.

Tonight's giveaway

Military Night Badge of Honor Flag

Military.jpg

The Coyotes are also doing a Military Supply Drive

Drop off your items at any gate before game time (7pm).
All who donate will receive a BOGO ticket voucher for 11/25 or 12/17.
All donations will be sent to troops overseas.

The list of requested items can be found here:
http://coyotes.nhl.com/v2/ext/imgs/Military Supply Drive.pdf

tttboard.jpg

LET'S GO FOR 3 IN A ROW!

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
For some reason I didn't think we played until tomorrow. I'll be heading home from work to be able to catch this game though. Love me some Coyotes hockey.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I don't know why, but this game worries me.

We'll see. Currently we would be in the playoffs. If we want to make the playoffs, these are the kind of games we NEED to win. Can't be losing games to teams we more often than not should beat. I mean heck, we beat them last year every game and we were the 2nd to worst team in the league.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Absolutely hate the Oilers and can't stand their arrogant fans. Hope we embarrass them. So we'll probably lose.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We'll see. Currently we would be in the playoffs. If we want to make the playoffs, these are the kind of games we NEED to win. Can't be losing games to teams we more often than not should beat. I mean heck, we beat them last year every game and we were the 2nd to worst team in the league.

We get off to a pretty good start, probably better than most thought and now we are talking playoffs. Time to settle down and let's see where we are at the 40 game mark.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
We usually take care of business at home when we play the Oilers. It is the away games that I feel like we come out flat, but a lot of times that is due to playing back-to-back EDM and CAL in some order.

This is the game that we need to play loose and let things come to us. Don't worry about the home record, b/c if we play right, this is the game that will allow us to see that yes, we can actually perform well and get the needed result at home vs on the road.

3-1 win. Rieder, Martinook, and Stone with the goals.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
We usually take care of business at home when we play the Oilers. It is the away games that I feel like we come out flat, but a lot of times that is due to playing back-to-back EDM and CAL in some order.

This is the game that we need to play loose and let things come to us. Don't worry about the home record, b/c if we play right, this is the game that will allow us to see that yes, we can actually perform well and get the needed result at home vs on the road.

3-1 win. Rieder, Martinook, and Stone with the goals.

Yeah, we certainly did last season, and look where it got us... :cry:

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Yeah, we certainly did last season, and look where it got us... :cry:

I know... I hate it as much b/c two losses outright would have guaranteed top 2, correct? But I am never an advocate of playing to lose. I just want solid play all-around tonight, and that should usually get us in the W column.

These are the games we also need to take advantage of b/c even though it is early in the season, a team like Vancouver has already gone to OT or SO like 5 or 6 times and come away with 1 win. So if we stay even on points with those types of teams, the Reg/OT win stat really comes into play. That is why 3 v 3 OT is so important - gotta be able to win with fewer shootouts and that changes the final dynamic of moving up a seed line...

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Why are they arrogant? I don't think they are any better or worse than the rest.

I have no idea. You tell me. You seem to have such affection for the Oilers. How do fans of the worst organization of any sport in the last ten years or so still act like their **** doesn't stink?

Go read their GDT. It looks like that every game that I've ever seen between us on HF. Yes, that includes the years we were legitimately one of the better teams in the entire league. They are a joke yet they speak of the Coyotes as if we are the ones with 47 1OA picks.

We have dominated them for years and they still think when it comes to the Coyotes, we are the trash team and they are superior. Every. Single. Year. You don't think that shows some kind of arrogance due to geography? There is zero reason for them to think they are better, this year or years past. Yet, whenever we play, it is constant blabber about how horrible the Coyotes are and how they should never lose to us.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

Because they suck, have sucked, and will likely continue to suck and we have dominated them for some time now.

I wouldn't say we should just pencil it in as a win because that's silly. But if someone were to say that, I'd be hard pressed to argue with them with any tangible proof. It's as close to a sure bet as there is that we will beat the Oilers, though I'm not a betting man.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Rieder always shows up big time against Edmonton and it makes me laugh so hard. Here's hoping it happens again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad