GDT: Game 16 | Montreal @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Great battle, great win and great show for everyone.

Montreal was most of the times the better team, but Korpisalo and more careful defending kept Montreal from scoring too much. CBJ was incredibly lucky to score their 1st goal when Sillinger tried a hard pass for Chinakov, but sometimes it's good to be on the receiving end of such luck instead of eg. losing to Arizona with a superb play on ice.

Incredible pass by Johnson to make it 3-2 (and a beautiful 3-3 tying goal by Habs, helped with Bayreuther that played in the middle of nowhere), but that highlight reel goal from Kuraly was that was the moment of the game.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I'll take it. People complaining about the 4 game point streak don't realize that the Jackets lose last night's game more times than they win given the shot and possession differential.

Play hard, let's see what the call-ups and young guys have to give, and hopefully we're competitive each night.

Also, I hope the next month or so opens the eyes of CBJ management to the fact that guys who are battling to prove themselves are hungrier than guys who have big guaranteed contracts... and that's a major problem for the team. We need the guys at the top to be the hungriest of all.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Yes, I was just talking about why they've looked better in the last few games. Or why I'm not going to dig into it until they show what they do against better teams. 3 of the last 4 were against the weakest 2 rosters in the East.
Come on, I am not saying we just beat Boston and Carolina but it's not like we were playing against lowly Columbus. We also did take the Islanders to OT.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'll take it. People complaining about the 4 game point streak don't realize that the Jackets lose last night's game more times than they win given the shot and possession differential.

Play hard, let's see what the call-ups and young guys have to give, and hopefully we're competitive each night.

Also, I hope the next month or so opens the eyes of CBJ management to the fact that guys who are battling to prove themselves are hungrier than guys who have big guaranteed contracts... and that's a major problem for the team. We need the guys at the top to be the hungriest of all.
I was thinking along these lines this morning. Why does the team perform better with, what, 8 starters out? I think a part of it as Crede says, these call ups are eager to prove they belong. I think it also points out how maybe Jarmo/Larsen, et al. didn't pick the best 23 guys out of training camp or how too much skill is just as bad as not enough. Part of it has been Philly & Montreal aren't too good either and our bad was better than their bad. Give us another 10 games or so and some of these questions may be answered or maybe it will turn out that missing all the starters will turn to disaster.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Yes, I was just talking about why they've looked better in the last few games. Or why I'm not going to dig into it until they show what they do against better teams. 3 of the last 4 were against the weakest 2 rosters in the East.
Is it possible for the Jackets to play against the weakest 2 rosters in the East?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad