GDT: Game 16: Montreal Canadiens vs Philadelphia Flyers 11/7/19 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS, TSN690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Great GDT Donger.... simple yet effective... very pleasing to the eye!

Runner.. That MT toe nails and a smoke thing.. made me LOL pretty hard in the office today.

Anyways, the pessimist in me wants to say we blow this after being the Bears .... I think like 4-2 loss or something

HOWEVER I think we actually win this one...

When I think about it, I've called it wrong for nearly ever game except against the laffs....

WE LOSE WE LOSE!!! I TAKE IT BACK!!! WE LOSE!!!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Cammy mid game and the coach on game day. Imagine a trade made in game with the same two teams? Doubt that has ever happened?

Happened in 2012 between Tampa and SJ involving ex-Hab Dominic Moore:

Dominic Moore has been traded to the San Jose Sharks. The Tampa Bay Lightning shipped the forward to San Jose in exchange for a second-round pick in the 2012 NHL Draft. San Jose also receives a 2012 seventh-round pick in the deal.

... The Lightning host the Sharks on Thursday night, but Moore won't switch dressing rooms and play against his old team. The trade was announced just minutes before the scheduled 7:30 p.m. puck drop.

Dominic Moore Traded With 7th-Round Pick To San Jose Sharks For 2nd-Round Pick

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Great GDT Donger.... simple yet effective... very pleasing to the eye!

Runner.. That MT toe nails and a smoke thing.. made me LOL pretty hard in the office today.

Anyways, the pessimist in me wants to say we blow this after being the Bears .... I think like 4-2 loss or something

HOWEVER I think we actually win this one...

When I think about it, I've called it wrong for nearly ever game except against the laffs....

WE LOSE WE LOSE!!! I TAKE IT BACK!!! WE LOSE!!!

Thanks man, much appreciated.

Did you figure out who fried and who dyed?

I'd say MT with his Florida lobster tans fries in the sun to get his orange look. And Gritty has his woolly carcass and accessories dyed.

Although I wouldn't put it past Therrien to partake in dabs of orange dye now and again.

NK1forF.gif

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Seem to be playing up or down to the level of our opponent to start the year, could be a tough game against the Flyers

Reactions: Runner77

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Did you guys see what kind of advert the Flyers are running in Philadelphia this season?

Other cities like hockey? Who are they kidding, the only major sports team we have in Montreal and discuss every day of the year on all our sports platforms is the Habs. :laugh:

Meantime, they have a ton of major pro teams they can can bank on for every season. If anything, their attention is divided.

I know, it's just an ad preaching to their choir but hey, if you're going to claim it, you've got to also be able to be called on it.

It actually reads:

“Other cities like hockey Philadelphia Flyers like hockey. 2019-20 We fly or die.”

The Philadelphia Flyers should call themselves the Flydiers.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Did Ylonen get hurt lately? You must be confused with Ikonen. Do you know who Ylonen is? A very good trending grade B and fringe grade A type.

OMG... do you think Ghost is that good? He had one good season and he is horrible in his own end. Did you see the recent rumor of what they have told us the price is? Lehkonen, Ylonen, 2nd. My offer is not to far off from that.

If Ghost was as good as you think he is, there would be more attention on the trade market for him, don't you think?

Maybe Lehkonen can be negotiated out and replaced with Byron, since there have been past rumors linking Byron to Philly?

I doubt Philly is going to budge too much otherwise but hey, who really knows. I'm just a fan who is speculating.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There was also this Blou creation which I slightly cropped to make it game neutral. There's that pompous ass pose that evokes his personality so well:

1wCL2z3.png

Last edited:

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Byron-Ylonen-Hillis doesn’t fetch Gostisbehere. Byron is a nice player, but that’s just going to offend Flyers fans...

If you want to get quality you have to give up quality. Think Suzuki, or Poehling, or Romanov +, or Brook +, etc.

Also just wanted to say that Suzuki on the 4th line is really an affront to all sensibilities.

Oddly enough, one Flyers fan on their GDT thinks that Byron for Ghost is a great idea.... (post 135 for what its worth)

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think Domi and Poehling should play some shifts together. Especially once KK is back. Drouin and Armia should be back with him because that's where Armia's production has been. Keep the fire going

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
I'm feeling a big game for the bottom six forwards, both Poehling and Byron should be real
motivated.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oddly enough, one Flyers fan on their GDT thinks that Byron for Ghost is a great idea.... (post 135 for what its worth)

I had seen that, lol. But thought better about referencing it since it's just one fan and it seems like an isolated opinion. He's certainly not reflective of what most Flyer fans demand in trade threads.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Interested to see Farabee. I was really high on him during the 2018 draft. Definitely had him in my top 15. Pretty sure 10-12 range along with Kravstov (who went one higher #9 to Rangers) & Wahlstrom (#11 to NYI). I didn't have Hayton or Dellandrea as high as they went. Farabee went 14 to Philly.

We need at least a point tonight. Hart has been struggling, so we'll see what kind of game he can put together.

Also looking for Poehling to get a few more minutes. 12 range hopefully.

Go Habs Goooooooo!

Reactions: Rapala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad