GDT: Game 16: Montreal Canadiens vs Philadelphia Flyers 11/7/19 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS, TSN690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Ii7CrJw.jpg

4wgPAF4.jpg

a1lS8KJ.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Did you guys see what kind of advert the Flyers are running in Philadelphia this season?

Other cities like hockey? Who are they kidding, the only major sports team we have in Montreal and discuss every day of the year on all our sports platforms is the Habs. :laugh:

Meantime, they have a ton of major pro teams they can can bank on for every season. If anything, their attention is divided.

I know, it's just an ad preaching to their choir but hey, if you're going to claim it, you've got to also be able to be called on it.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Let me see if I can fix this. What's with the "Fly or Die" dramatic slogan?

If you go the Flyers official site, you'll see the pitch reiterated in their promos, like so:

6sbMu1z.jpg

They'll have the above ad plastered with this other one featuring Gritty:

FZsgD4l.jpg

And yet, with a little imagination, they could have just combined both concepts and taken advantage of the massive promotional appeal generated from having the ultimate orangeman amongst their staff, one Michel Therrien.

Fly or Die? How about ...

w4zA8sk.gif

:sarcasm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Watch Ghost close tonight boys and girls. Not with his offensive ability but with his play in his own end. Just one game but look at his ability to neutralize players along the wall. Something's up with the Flyers willing to trade him so let see for ourselves.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm hoping for a win but don't have a good feeling about this one. So, I'll have to resort to the obligatory dinodebino reference ...

I2xNykq.gif

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Another unpredictable game, but I hope no one gets injured. Clip their wings and let them die if that's what they want. Look out for the Therrien love fest on RDS though, it'll be heartwarming. :sarcasm:

GO:habsGO

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Watch Ghost close tonight boys and girls. Not with his offensive ability but with his play in his own end. Just one game but look at his ability to neutralize players along the wall. Something's up with the Flyers willing to trade him so let see for ourselves.

What if he changes locker rooms tonight just before the game and crosses over? :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Another unpredictable game, but I hope no one gets injured. Clip their wings and let them die if that's what they want. Look out for the Therrien love fest on RDS though, it'll be heartwarming. :sarcasm:

GO:habsGO

That RDS/ Therrien lathered relationship is repugnant on so many levels.

He knows they'll be keeping a blue couch warm for him as soon as his Philly gig will be up. Their treatment of him on their broadcast is going to be so arm's length and professional that it's going to be laughable.

Reactions: sandviper

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Byron-Ylonen-Hillis doesn’t fetch Gostisbehere. Byron is a nice player, but that’s just going to offend Flyers fans...

If you want to get quality you have to give up quality. Think Suzuki, or Poehling, or Romanov +, or Brook +, etc.

Also just wanted to say that Suzuki on the 4th line is really an affront to all sensibilities.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Byron-Ylonen-Hillis doesn’t fetch Gostisbehere. And Ylonen’s career might well be over. Byron is a nice player, but that’s just going to offend Flyers fans...

If you want to get quality you have to give up quality. Think Suzuki, or Poehling, or Romanov +, or Brook +, etc.

Also just wanted to say that Suzuki on the 4th line is really an affront to all sensibilities.

Did Ylonen get hurt lately? You must be confused with Ikonen. Do you know who Ylonen is? A very good trending grade B and fringe grade A type.

OMG... do you think Ghost is that good? He had one good season and he is horrible in his own end. Did you see the recent rumor of what they have told us the price is? Lehkonen, Ylonen, 2nd. My offer is not to far off from that.

If Ghost was as good as you think he is, there would be more attention on the trade market for him, don't you think?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I'm hoping for a win but don't have a good feeling about this one. So, I'll have to resort to the obligatory dinodebino reference ...

I2xNykq.gif

I never have a good feeling anymore. This team has conditioned me to always expect the worst so that I am elated when they barely don't make the playoffs.

Reactions: Runner77

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
This GDT is sharp, as are the Therrien meme's.

What would it take to get one of of Philly's LD's.........

Should be a good game tonight, I have a good feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad