GDT: Game #16 : KINGS vs. AVALANCHE - Saturday, 2/23/’13 @ 1:00 pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
At some point (maybe next game) Campbell will get a shot here. Muzzin has not had a good game.
Yet for some reason he keeps getting promoted to Doughty's pairing. I don't understand it. He's been a hot mess out there all game, yet he gets moved up to get more ice time? Sutter has some weird fascination with Muzzin, despite his comments last week. He's been undeservedly promoting Muzzin each of the previous 3 games.

landesberg

varlamov4ever
May 29, 2011
London, ON
TBH, McNab has been complimenting the Kings a lot this game. He was really praising their playoff run. Mentioned the 16-4 record, the 3-0 series starts, etc.

The Avs broadcasting team isn't terrible when they aren't calling away goals and gushing about something stupid like making a routine play.

They are pretty good on the PbP, and analysis isn't horrible.

Sydor25

LA Kings
Yet for some reason he keeps getting promoted to Doughty's pairing. I don't understand it. He's been a hot mess out there all game, yet he gets moved up to get more ice time? Sutter has some weird fascination with Muzzin, despite his comments last week. He's been undeservedly promoting Muzzin each of the previous 3 games.

Keaton has been worse. Campbell may end up replacing Keaton soon, especially if Martinez is out for another week.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Yes but for how long.

Great pass by Williams to the point. Defender couldnt control the puck. Of course #6

Scuderi's first 12 games in the NHL he was -4 with 3pts.

Muzzin has 2pts and is even.

I am not saying that the two are even close in skill or hockey IQ but Scuderi wasn't highly thought of when he first came up with the Pens either. It takes time especially for D to make the jump.

The only player who is minus on the ice today is DavisD so far.

How long will I rely on my record?

Until I no longer have the ability to accurately assess prospective NHL talent accurately.

Muzzin is going through the same thing that A Mart went through when he first came up and I am reading the same type of criticisms about Muzz as I did him. (different players same situations)

Muzzin is doing fine all things considered. Is he ready for the NHL perferctly yet? I don't think so but then like I said, if the situations were different and he were being paired with an established NHL D man there wouldn't be many complaints about him.

Ooops, there goes another dollar to me I guess.

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
I don't think he's being promoted. I'm pretty sure Sutter just cycles Muzzin, Drewiske, and Ellerby on Doughty's line because he doesn't trust any 2 of them to play together in tough situations.

RonSwanson*

The Avs broadcasting team isn't terrible when they aren't calling away goals and gushing about something stupid like making a routine play.

They are pretty good on the PbP, and analysis isn't horrible.

Sure, but you touched on what makes them hard to listen to. Especially the way they call away goals.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

Pretty sure Sutter cycles all three of Davis/Muzzin/Ellerby on Drew's line.

It's too keep from paring the disasters together.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Showcase showdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad