GDT: Game #16 : KINGS vs. AVALANCHE - Saturday, 2/23/’13 @ 1:00 pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonSwanson*

Pretty sure the Av's had a Six game win streak going against the Kings.

The Avs in those games have been able to get a lead on L.A. and then they sit back and play 5 defensemen basically. No forecheck, etc.

Brown's goal in the first minute of this game changed that for good.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Man what has happened to Paul Stastny? I recall heated debates over Stastny being better than Kopitar and a future top 10 C, but he's regressed mightly over the past couple years.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Call me a "glass half empty" kind of guy, but does this game say more about the Avalanche's weaknesses than it does the Kings' strengths?

Discuss, with supporting evidence for your position on either side.

Yup, not to mention this whole 5 out of 6. Kings have beat CLB/CGY/EDM/Hopefully Col and a Blues team that was on a terrible stretch.

But beating Colorado at 1 pm is like beating a top 5 team for the Kings.

I'm sure it's a little bit of both. I'm not complaining though, anything to get the Kings confidence back. :yo:

Weren't you suppose to go to the game?

landesberg

varlamov4ever
May 29, 2011
London, ON
Man what has happened to Paul Stastny? I recall heated debates over Stastny being better than Kopitar and a future top 10 C, but he's regressed mightly over the past couple years.

Traded away his best linemates and paired him up with the likes of Kevin Porter and Chuck Kobasew for the last couple years.

I personally never thought he was better than Kopitar but Stastny with a good supporting cast is still a 60pt center with solid defensive skills. I thought Kopitar was always more talented and arguably a better two way player

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Yup, not to mention this whole 5 out of 6. Kings have beat CLB/CGY/EDM/Hopefully Col and a Blues team that was on a terrible stretch.

But beating Colorado at 1 pm is like beating a top 5 team for the Kings.

Weren't you suppose to go to the game?

Yes. School got in the way, sadly. Even though I should be working on that.

RonSwanson*

Avs fans overrated him so much. It's one of my favorite debate points with him when they said he was better than Kopitar.

RonSwanson*

I think it's just one of those games for the Avs. Every team has them. They're better than this.

This is pretty much what you are going to get from them when they are missing EJ and Downie. I don't think they are playing below their normal level.

landesberg

varlamov4ever
May 29, 2011
London, ON
This is pretty much what you are going to get from them when they are missing EJ and Downie. I don't think they are playing below their normal level.

We aren't playing below our normal level. We're just playing a team that can capitalize on our horrible defensive coverage. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad