GDT: Game #16| Feb. 16, 2013|Flyers at Canadiens |7:00 p.m. ET

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
To those of you who are always asking who is out there that is both available and better than Laviolette - did you predict the Pens would hire Bylsma before anything about him was mentioned in the news? Because I think you guys are severely overestimating your knowledge of not only coaches that are out there, but also how good they are.

Bylsma was their farm team coach, he was already in the system, we have Terry Murray and Riley Cite on the farm

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
They got lucky that year benefitting from an epic choke and then weak opponents out of the Conference.

True, guys like him have a short shelf life and it looks to me like it has runs its course here, sadly.

The guy coached another team to the Finals and they won a Cup. He's taken two different teams to the Finals. That's not luck.

In short, if you're only going to post when things are going badly, and only have pessimistic points to make, you should back it up with a more reasoned foundation than you often do. He got lucky to drag the Islanders into play-off contention, and then win in Carolina, and then coach a team with four d-men and 0 goalies to game 6 of the finals. C'mon sir. You'll have to do better than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Ok. Almost time...

Who all's going?

I'm even flying up from Texas again. Plan to catch the Sat game the day before too...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad