GDT: Game #16| Feb. 16, 2013|Flyers at Canadiens |7:00 p.m. ET

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
of course im concerned but im not going to *****nmoan when we play in the toughest division in the league, have the most back to backs in the division and are missing some key players. During a season in which none of our players have had any sort of training camp with one another.

They pretty much deserve the record they have right now. The back to backs suck but everyone else is in the same boat as we are with everything else.
Chicago has 12 or 13 back to backs this season. I doubt anyone has any sympathy for us.

Krazed Flyer

Who are we?
Sep 22, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
We may not be the worst team in the league, but tonight we definitely played like it... We need something... A change, some fire like I saw a few games ago... And it needs to happen quick

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
RT @CassieCampbell: Giroux "unacceptable the way we played tonight" @hockeynight obviously frustrated but answered every question

Krazed Flyer

Who are we?
Sep 22, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Does it really matter? The team played an awful 60 minutes of hockey and you're complaining about an automatic goal that did nothing to determine the game.

Idk, I mean just about every Habs player got hurt and fell to the ice with a concerned ref blowing the play dead. Did V need to lay down and cry to get the refs attention? Is the NHL now full of amateur actors who need to emphasize their pain like in Soccer? What if this had happened on our lead in a 2 second-left game and we lost in OT? Im talking complaining about the principle matter.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
They pretty much deserve the record they have right now. The back to backs suck but everyone else is in the same boat as we are with everything else.
Chicago has 12 or 13 back to backs this season. I doubt anyone has any sympathy for us.

we are not as good as chicago. we are not a playoff team this year, clear as day.

This is who we are this year, and expecting anything else is going to be futile. Not only do we have 6 wins this year but look at the teams we have beaten. florida, winipeg, lightning, rangers, and carolina 2 times.

none of those teams are exactly powerhouses this year.

on top of that this is the easy part of our schedule. Look at March. We may only win 2-3 games all of march.

The sooner everyone understands that this year is already lost the better.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Didnt get to watch the game due to being out with the lady. How did gus look compared ti fosters play?

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Yes!!! First smart thing I've seen posted all day. Oh and we should re-sign Shelley and give him the C

Shelley in my opinion has been the captain since he signed a deal here

Heart and soul type of player.

Doesn't want to leave the team because he literally can not skate away.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Flyers realistically had no chance this game. Last night was the game to win and they blew it, this I blame on the scheduling and yes I'm using that as an excuse for tonight.

Just gotta hope they can win the next two at the Island and in Pittsburgh to finish with a 3-3 road trip. Getting Hartnell back would really help.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
really ? unacceptable..

:shakehead

understatement of the year
Unacceptable is actually a very strong word. It's definitive and delineating. I guess you thought he should have added expletives? Seems like the kids today don't think their sentences are worth paying attention to unless they use them. This is a real thing I've noticed. It doesn't bother me (at all) but interestingly I never walk by a group of kids anymore without hearing the F word and/or the N word 3 times per sentence.

mailman89

Jan 30, 2013
What's up with the Flyers

No desire! Not showing up! Being out coached! D-SUCKS! I think will need a overall this summer! Bring Conte in as Gm and make the Flyers and Phathoms play the same system so when they come up they know it. Must go for help Timmo,Briere and others! not Bryz fault! Is g hurt or just getting shut down know he's the man. Build from net out then have team ala NJ:rant:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Idk, I mean just about every Habs player got hurt and fell to the ice with a concerned ref blowing the play dead. Did V need to lay down and cry to get the refs attention? Is the NHL now full of amateur actors who need to emphasize their pain like in Soccer? What if this had happened on our lead in a 2 second-left game and we lost in OT? Im talking complaining about the principle matter.

Now you know this isn't true. I get that you're unhappy with the game, but you know very well that Pacioretty and Gallagher didn't leave the game because they were faking it. Likewise, the high stick on Armstrong and hit by Giroux on Emelin were clearly visible on every replay. Stuff happens, we won the game but lost two players with "upper body injuries" -- no way to tell what that means right now. Practically every Habs fan, me included, didn't think any of this was dirty (although I'd have to look at Giroux's play again). No finger-pointing at the Flyers, we're just not happy two guys got hurt. I'm sure you can understand that POV.

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
just finished the game, only mustering 2 shots in the first and not breaking single digits until the 3rd is horrible. I've watched this team go from one take away from the cup to 3 games under 500 under lavy in 3 yrs. you have ask, has this team gotten better or worse with him as the coach? have they shown improved in problem areas (like being inconsistent in effort and focus)? does lavys system and style of coaching seem to be working? I answer no to all and I can't see anything getting better with lavy calling the shots. let him finish the year and look for a new coach in the off season. also ( in the off season) make up for not getting Weber or sutter with a big well planned pick up on defense and get a big name sniper forward to play with Claude. don't. do anything hastily right now. let us suck and do well with a good pick up in the draft. also, to know that the back up is in and only manage 6 or 7 shots in the first 40 minutes is unacceptable. where is the urgency? does this team think this season is over already? why is there no pushing and shoving or stirring the pot AT ALL THIS YEAR? that is something that at least lets you know they care still, and I haven't seen any trouble making or passion at all. they play like a team that wants the coach gone....

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Unacceptable is actually a very strong word. It's definitive and delineating. I guess you thought he should have added expletives? Seems like the kids today don't think their sentences are worth paying attention to unless they use them. This is a real thing I've noticed. It doesn't bother me (at all) but interestingly I never walk by a group of kids anymore without hearing the F word and/or the N word 3 times per sentence.

Nodl, Niedermayer, Neimi, is that the word?:sarcasm:

Mike2000z28

Dec 13, 2009
Philly, now montreal
Now you know this isn't true. I get that you're unhappy with the game, but you know very well that Pacioretty and Gallagher didn't leave the game because they were faking it. Likewise, the high stick on Armstrong and hit by Giroux on Emelin were clearly visible on every replay. Stuff happens, we won the game but lost two players with "upper body injuries" -- no way to tell what that means right now. Practically every Habs fan, me included, didn't think any of this was dirty (although I'd have to look at Giroux's play again). No finger-pointing at the Flyers, we're just not happy two guys got hurt. I'm sure you can understand that POV.

Hits were clean. Giroux never used his still and Armstrong got hit with the puck. I don't think anyone was faking anything but I didn't think anything was remotely dirty or questionable either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad