GDT: Game #16: Coyotes @ Blue Jackets | The Hobey Baker Showdown | 5:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hockey isn't all about offensive stats son:)
No it's not, but your 1C better produce, and not be 140th. in points. Oh, I forgot, he plays good D, gets tough matchups.,:blah::blah::blah:. As if no other teams 1C doesn't. This isn't unique to the Coyotes. The only difference between our 1C and other teams is talent. I guess in reality, that isn't Hayton's fault, rather BA's. Hayton is probably the best fit on our team for 1C, which is really pathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

finkelsteinberg

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
No it's not, but your 1C better produce, and not be 140th. in points. Oh, I forgot, he plays good D, gets tough matchups.,:blah::blah::blah:. As if no other teams 1C doesn't. This isn't unique to the Coyotes. The only difference between our 1C and other teams is talent. I guess in reality, that isn't Hayton's fault, rather BA's. Hayton is probably the best fit on our team for 1C, which is really pathetic.
I don't know how you could possibly expect them to have a 1C already in the time BA has been on the job. The cupboards were empty. The team hadn't had a 1C since probably JR era. He didn't even have control of the 1st draft and we had shit for picks and we used 1 of em on Mitch Miller, right?

That being said, it looks like we have a 1C in the near future. Which I would say is about as good as one can expect, possibly borderline BA statue-esque if Cooley turns into what he looks like he will be.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't know how you could possibly expect them to have a 1C already in the time BA has been on the job. The cupboards were empty. The team hadn't had a 1C since probably JR era. He didn't even have control of the 1st draft and we had shit for picks and we used 1 of em on Mitch Miller, right?

That being said, it looks like we have a 1C in the near future. Which I would say is about as good as one can expect, possibly borderline BA statue-esque if Cooley turns into what he looks like he will be.
BA constructed this roster, and I understand what you are saying and I agree. It's hard to get that 1C and that 1D.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
BA constructed this roster, and I understand what you are saying and I agree. It's hard to get that 1C and that 1D.
25 years in the valley and we have had two 1Ds, OEL/Teppo and one 1C JR. We now have a potential 1C in Cooley but no 1D prospects. Its just hard to get, draft or develop.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
25 years in the valley and we have had two 1Ds, OEL/Teppo and one 1C JR. We now have a potential 1C in Cooley but no 1D prospects. Its just hard to get, draft or develop.
So true, and that is why it is so hard to win the SC. So many great players never got a sniff of the SC.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00