Post-Game Talk: Game 16: Canucks 2 @ Senators 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Unless McCann is banged up, makes no sense to sit him out...after Henrik he's been the team's best centre....based strictly on performance, the guy who needs a seat in the press-box is Horvat....guy has been on the ice for more even-strength goals than any other forward on the team and his faceoff percentage is under 50 percent....and delivering zero offense even with pp time...but with WD, you just never can understand some of the lineup decisions....used to think there might be some method to his madness, but just not sure anymore.
In this vein, I asked an online magic 8 ball...

Will McCann be in tonight?

6.gif

Dang. Will Virtanen?

19.gif

Dammit Willie!

Will Markström get another start in the next 5 games?

4.gif

Well that's reassuring.

Will Hutton score a goal tonight?

10.gif

Will a Canuck be injured tonight?

20.gif

Ominous.

Finally, will the Canucks win the game?

13.gif

These were genuinely the answers I got to each of these... we shall see...

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
4-3 Sens in OT are goals by Hutton Higgins Hansen

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Hoping the game isn't officiated there like it was last year.

Was that the back-to-back 5-on-3's game? Also the same road trip as Matthias getting elbowed in the head with no call or suspension. Hopefully we make it out better this time :laugh:

I like the Sens but they are pretty beatable right now. Just noticed Karlsson is -14 in 10 games vs. the Canucks, however Bobby Ryan: 26 pts in 23 games, career.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Why not make it 5-4 Sens and get all the H's in on the scoring with Horvat too? Unless I'm missing someone else... H's crazy!
Maybe go 6-5 Sens: Hansen, Higgins, Hutton, Hamhuis, Horvat with the Canuck tallies.

Unless McCann is banged up, makes no sense to sit him out...after Henrik he's been the team's best centre....based strictly on performance, the guy who needs a seat in the press-box is Horvat....guy has been on the ice for more even-strength goals than any other forward on the team and his faceoff percentage is under 50 percent....and delivering zero offense even with pp time...but with WD, you just never can understand some of the lineup decisions....used to think there might be some method to his madness, but just not sure anymore.

He clearly got his bell rung. The 'shaking off the cobwebs' head shake he did after getting hit is s tell tale sign of that.
That's enough reason to keep him out... which imo makes the rest of your post moot.
i.e. save the confusion over of his method for a more appropriate example. McCann being held out isn't one of them.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Tore a hammy on that power move to the net.

Anyone see what happened to him in CBJ late in the third?

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Based on the Sens GDT, they seem really worried about their defense so maybe we have a good chance. :P

Patrick Wiercioch (the guy a lot of people on this board wanted to trade for because of... corsi) is apparently like their Sbisa now. They're ecstatic that he's scratched :P

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Based on the Sens GDT, they seem really worried about their defense so maybe we have a good chance. :P

Patrick Wiercioch (the guy a lot of people on this board wanted to trade for because of... corsi) is apparently like their Sbisa now. They're ecstatic that he's scratched :P

I heard hes in and wideman out

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
@VanCanucks: Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata
Burr-McCann-Dorsett
Higgins-Cracknell-Virt

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Hutton-Bartkowski

Miller
Why is Bo and Vrbata still a thing...
Weber is still in the line up FFS

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I feel like a safe prediction would be that Vrbata doesn't finish the game on the same line as Horvat

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Was that the back-to-back 5-on-3's game? Also the same road trip as Matthias getting elbowed in the head with no call or suspension. Hopefully we make it out better this time :laugh:

I like the Sens but they are pretty beatable right now. Just noticed Karlsson is -14 in 10 games vs. the Canucks, however Bobby Ryan: 26 pts in 23 games, career.

Ya that's the one. I think the Canucks were up 2 or 3 in that game too. Just a horribly reffed game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad