Post-Game Talk: GAME 16 - BRUINS 5 Poutinevillle 2 - OLE, OLE, OLE!!!!!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Harry was missed, he would have had the second loudest ovation.

Very underrated icon in Boston sports.
He's done some great things and some shit things as the Bruins GM. More worried about the bottom line most years than winning Cups. So he's loved by some and reviled by others.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Geekie is skating now it was mentioned on Twitter? I wonder if the Bruins might consider putting Geekie at center and switching Poitras to the wing just to give Poitras a re- set , maybe he might start producing?

Reactions: Gordoff

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
He's done some great things and some shit things as the Bruins GM. More worried about the bottom line most years than winning Cups. So he's loved by some and reviled by others.
Still a Bruin Icon. Guy stood up for his teams like no other

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Stood up for his teams? He actually quit on his team over money, yet was notoriously stingy when it was him paying players and coaches.
What a joke post! Do you take this opinion on players leaving over money?

He was smarter than you or me would ever be in making decisions on what players where worth. He was right 99% of the time

If people think that Harry was making the $$ decisions wo JJ's blessings please give your head a big shake.

Guy was a soldier for the owner and fell on many a grenade for him. One of the smartest GM's in all of sport.

Great coach as well.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I think he just takes Heinen’s spot.
Heinen has been good, maybe time to send Poitras back to Guelph. Kid needs to gain muscle and another step. This was a great showcase for him but it may be the best thing in the long run. The 4th line of rookies is doing good, if anything Geekie may find himself down there and move up Beecher.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

He was smarter than you or me would ever be in making decisions on what players where worth. He was right 99% of the time

If people think that Harry was making the $$ decisions wo JJ's blessings please give your head a big shake.

Guy was a soldier for the owner and fell on many a grenade for him. One of the smartest GM's in all of sport.

Great coach as well.

Agree to disagree. There's no doubt in my mind Sinden cost us more than one Cup due to his skin flint ways. As to him being right 99% of the time, you give your head a shake. I only have to mention Iafrate, Stevens, Leech, and Coffey to shoot holes in that statement.

Last edited:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
All lines seem to be clicking...Poitras line is so so close to getting them points. I love the 4th line. At times they looked better than the top 3 lines. Dangerous all night long.

@Ladyfan did you sing Ole Ole for your friends on HFBs?

Anyone able to post the Edwards soundbite "toilet seat" comment?
I still have last night's game DVR'd. (Even the part where the Habs got JVR'd ;) ).

I'm thinking of shooting a short capture on my phone, but I'm unsure about how to post it. I have a YouTube channel with lots of original content and don't want a copyright strike.

I'll look into it, or maybe someone knows the rules regarding posting such a clip. I'm thinking a YouTube Short should be fine, and it was a short blurb. Not as prolonged as the Pat Maroon incident.

Reactions: Blowfish

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
I didn’t get to watch the whole game but I like that 4th line together.

How has the Lohrei-McAvoy pairing been? Does it look like that could be a high end pairing as Lohrei develops?

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Heinen has been good, maybe time to send Poitras back to Guelph. Kid needs to gain muscle and another step. This was a great showcase for him but it may be the best thing in the long run. The 4th line of rookies is doing good, if anything Geekie may find himself down there and move up Beecher.
Heinen has played well but he is an offensive blackhole, an expendable 4th line talent. Poitras will have his ups and downs but he is always an offensive threat, he needs to stay with the Bruins and learn how to play through the grind of an NHL season.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

Great coach as well.
Harry was a genius at talent evaluation but wa notoriously cheap. Fought every player for every dime.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Agree to disagree. There's no doubt in my mind Sinden cost us more than one Cup due to his skin flint ways. As to him being right 99% of the time, you give your head a shake. I only have to mention Iafrate, Stevens, Leech, and Coffey to shoot holes in that statement.
Ya, every time that I heard that he was on a boat somewhere with his buddy Glen Sather I was afraid of how he get abused in a trade...
Although I loved and hated the Linseman for Mike Krushelnitski trade. I loved it at first and hated it for the rest of MK's career. I also never liked giving up Geoff Courtnall in the trade for IIRC Andy Moog since we had trouble scoring. I didn't like it but on the other hand I understood it.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Ya, every time that I heard that he was on a boat somewhere with his buddy Glen Sather I was afraid of how he get abused in a trade...
Although I loved and hated the Linseman for Mike Krushelnitski trade. I loved it at first and hated it for the rest of MK's career. I also never liked giving up Geoff Courtnall in the trade for IIRC Andy Moog since we had trouble scoring. I didn't like it but on the other hand I understood it.
Cam Nelly for Pederson was his masterpiece.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
I feel for Jack Edwards, and am surprised he's not receiving backlash for referring to the Habs logo as a toilet seat. I had to rewind the DVR, I couldn't believe it. Great job by Brickley changing the subject immediately!

Well, he's not wrong........

Toilet Seat.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad