Post-Game Talk: GAME 16 - BRUINS 5 Poutinevillle 2 - OLE, OLE, OLE!!!!!

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
It sucks as a big fan of the player, but I don't think it's a big deal for the team. He only played 4 games on the 4th line so it's not like he was an integral piece. Minor distraction but the guys in the locker room will move past it.

It is sad though that all too frequently people we rely on for entertainment let us down when their conduct away from the spotlight comes to light. I was really excited to have him back, but he let us all down. Hopefully the damage isn't that bad but arrest + indefinite leave don't really give much hope that this is only a minor situation.

That said, like the miller signing last year was a media distraction off ice that had little impact on, I think this will be similar. Since Lucic played so little this season, I don't attribute any of the success they've had so far to him, and I feel great about the group without him. Patrick Brown, for however useless he's been, has been a bigger part of this team than Lucic.
I think he could be a big difference maker in the playoffs

Reactions: JOKER 192

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
All lines seem to be clicking...Poitras line is so so close to getting them points. I love the 4th line. At times they looked better than the top 3 lines. Dangerous all night long.

@Ladyfan did you sing Ole Ole for your friends on HFBs?

Anyone able to post the Edwards soundbite "toilet seat" comment?

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Trent Frederic slowly becoming my favorite Bruin. If he plays with the speed he played with tonight he’s a top 6 forward.
Agreed...he's so much more effective when he's moving. I'm surprised by his speed. Great to see. He keeps making look bad! I'm cool with that. Keep it up Ralph Malph!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
All lines seem to be clicking...Poitras line is so so close to getting them points. I love the 4th line. At times they looked better than the top 3 lines. Dangerous all night long.

@Ladyfan did you sing Ole Ole for your friends on HFBs?

Anyone able to post the Edwards soundbite "toilet seat" comment?
No. Ole ole ole is like the stupid wave

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I heard them announce Greg Shepard but didn't see him. I said to my wife that it's sad, if I walked by many of these gentlemen on the street I may not recognize them. Besides the others, I was looking for Brad Park?
Too bad that some of the champs are not here with us today, Johnny McKenzie, Carol Vadnais etc.

They showed an interview with Don Awry and Cheevers iirc.
Didn't hear them announce Walton or Leach.
Just watched - Sheppard was there as was Awrey.

No Mike Walton or Cashman on ice

Loved Sheppard one of most underrated Bruins of all time - if he played today he would be a fan favorite- Poitras has a lot of Sheppard

I was there at game but kinda lot of stuff going on - going to go look at roster to see who wasn’t there

I’m surprised neither of Stanfield’s 2 kids didn’t make it they both live in Buffalo but he passed last year soon after his wife so gotta be hard on them

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Ok - Cashman there

This is my wheel house

Sinden, Walton biggest omission and Leach definitely should have been invited

Sheppard ironically never played on either Cup team broke in 72-73

But glad there

Reactions: Gordoff and sooshii

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Ok - Cashman there

This is my wheel house

But glad there
How do you know they were omitted,or maybe just couldn’t make it ?

Reactions: Gordoff

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Ok - Cashman there

This is my wheel house

But glad there
Why Leach? Not sure his name is on the cup for the Bruins? He was bigger in Flyer memories but why not.

Reactions: Gordoff

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

“You don’t realize how fortunate you are to go through each and everything that comes with winning the Cup, and one of those things is raising the banner. Those days are over just as quick as they happen. It’s a blur as you’re going through it. And for those guys to miss out on that back then and have that opportunity — it was special to be a part of and special to see and I’m very happy for them.”

Marchy watching the Big Bads raise the banners, nodding respectfully - you could tell it really meant something to him.

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Good f***ing win. I just wish we had more physicality. I want to see us take the body more. The Habs were out there hitting everything, especially Poitras. Can't have that.

But other than that? Great win on all sides. Full 60 effort. That's what I love to see.

You already know the drill!
View attachment 770304

Cue the music!

"More physicality" just screwed the pooch :(

(No pun intended)

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina

I heard them announce Greg Shepard but didn't see him. I said to my wife that it's sad, if I walked by many of these gentlemen on the street I may not recognize them. Besides the others, I was looking for Brad Park?
Too bad that some of the champs are not here with us today, Johnny McKenzie, Carol Vadnais etc.

They showed an interview with Don Awry and Cheevers iirc.
Didn't hear them announce Walton or Leach.

Gregg was one of the most underrated players ever...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad