Post-Game Talk: GAME 16 - BRUINS 5 Poutinevillle 2 - OLE, OLE, OLE!!!!!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1700367884365.png

1700367980685.png

1700368057188.png

1700368126740.png
1700368202970.png

Froggy_Free_Beer-777.jpg

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Good f***ing win. I just wish we had more physicality. I want to see us take the body more. The Habs were out there hitting everything, especially Poitras. Can't have that.

But other than that? Great win on all sides. Full 60 effort. That's what I love to see.

You already know the drill!
giphy.gif

Cue the music!

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Even when they aren't scoring, the PP is looking formidable. With Bergeron gone, the bumper play is no longer Option #1; but the point shot/redirect/net-front are equally effective, especially with JVR; superb signing.

Despite allowing 5, Jake Allen made numerous spectacular saves. The game wasn't close, and it could've been worse.

The Poitras hit was a hockey play; McAvoy took a number and returned the favor. I'm satisfied; clean hits don't need a melee for retribution, especially when the opponent is looking for anything to give them a spark.

I feel for Jack Edwards, and am surprised he's not receiving backlash for referring to the Habs logo as a toilet seat. I had to rewind the DVR, I couldn't believe it. Great job by Brickley changing the subject immediately!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

I love Swayman

Besides being one the the best goalies in the NHL, he is such a class act, and has total respect for the history of the Boston Bruins and their past championship players and franchise.

There is no way I want to see him in another jersey on another team.....no way!

Sweeney HAS TO make something happen to keep Sway a long time Bruin, or many of us will be very unhappy (especially me)........Get 'er done ASAP Donny!! Get 'er done!

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Excellent game overall. Zacha had great jump and quickness. It was by far the best I have seen him look. Good games from most of the forwards, except perhaps,JVR. Heinen was also very good, digging for pucks, making plays and getting quality shots in front. Too bad he can't finish, story of his life.
Lohrei has good skill, but is lost in his end. He really should go down when Grz returns.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I feel for Jack Edwards, and am surprised he's not receiving backlash for referring to the Habs logo as a toilet seat. I had to rewind the DVR, I couldn't believe it. Great job by Brickley changing the subject immediately!
Jack is hilarious and says lots of things that us fans are thinking (and it looks exactly like a toilet seat)....so, he's not wrong.

That's just one reason why I really like Jack

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Who was Monty talking about there Marchand saying 16 yrs?

I loved when he scored coming out of the box.
Freddy needs more of that direct, shortest route to net plays.Freddy can shoot it .

Even when they aren't scoring, the PP is looking formidable. With Bergeron gone, the bumper play is no longer Option #1; but the point shot/redirect/net-front are equally effective, especially with JVR; superb signing.

Despite allowing 5, Jake Allen made numerous spectacular saves. The game wasn't close, and it could've been worse.

The Poitras hit was a hockey play; McAvoy took a number and returned the favor. I'm satisfied; clean hits don't need a melee for retribution, especially when the opponent is looking for anything to give them a spark.

1700370916333.png

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
From where we sit I have to say...Brad is an excellent captain. Pasta has really grown into a leader.

What a fun night. I really like what they are doing with the 100 year celebration. I was afraid it might be corny but it is cool. The amount of players that showed up from 1970/72 was impressive.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
From where we sit I have to say...Brad is an excellent captain. Pasta has really grown into a leader.

What a fun night. I really like what they are doing with the 100 year celebration. I was afraid it might be corny but it is cool. The amount of players that showed up from 1970/72 was impressive.
I didn’t know Cashman had pulled himself away so much - Sanderson was talking about it postgame. Very cool that it took this to get him back with everyone.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Gotta go watch but don’t remember Don Awrey or Reggie Leach -seemed like most everyone else there - Mike Walton ?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I heard them announce Greg Shepard but didn't see him. I said to my wife that it's sad, if I walked by many of these gentlemen on the street I may not recognize them. Besides the others, I was looking for Brad Park?
Too bad that some of the champs are not here with us today, Johnny McKenzie, Carol Vadnais etc.

Gotta go watch but don’t remember Don Awrey or Reggie Leach -seemed like most everyone else there - Mike Walton ?
They showed an interview with Don Awry and Cheevers iirc.
Didn't hear them announce Walton or Leach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad